I really liked it... You?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Loud-Mountain
Just Passing Through

I really liked it... You?

Post by Loud-Mountain »

So I'm having a total Silent hill phase at the moment and decided to join these forums. I have played SH1 through to origins. I found origins to be very underrated. I think the pacing of the game was just rite and it had some great monster designs and good replay value. I thought 4 had some very creepy moments but origins was better than 4 imo. Does anyone else highly rate this entry?
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Re: I really liked it... You?

Post by KageReneko »

I enjoyed 0rigins but the game felt uncomplete and rushed, it fails in the story of Alessa but the story of Travis could be really good with more effort; it has good environments and exploration and the puzzles were nice.... It's a shame they scrapped the Butcher shop level; also the final boss is kinda stupid... Brookhaven was too short because that level was like a tutorial, the asylum is cool although the backtracking can be annoying, anyway, the best puzzles are there... The theatre was really cool and the auditorium with the big mirror can be one of the best rooms in the saga, the motel has the best alternate version of the game and that place has a nostalgic vibe everywhere... I would liked 2 levels more but the game satisfied me, we all saw how bad it could be...
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

Does anyone else highly rate this entry?
I do.
I was extremely happy about the fact that they brought back the old controls. SH4's gameplay was what made it my least favorite of the PS2 SH's and I was glad to see that 0rigins felt more like the first three games.
We are still here...
Loud-Mountain
Just Passing Through

Post by Loud-Mountain »

KageReneko wrote:I enjoyed 0rigins but the game felt uncomplete and rushed, it fails in the story of Alessa but the story of Travis could be really good with more effort; it has good environments and exploration and the puzzles were nice.... It's a shame they scrapped the Butcher shop level; also the final boss is kinda stupid... Brookhaven was too short because that level was like a tutorial, the asylum is cool although the backtracking can be annoying, anyway, the best puzzles are there... The theatre was really cool and the auditorium with the big mirror can be one of the best rooms in the saga, the motel has the best alternate version of the game and that place has a nostalgic vibe everywhere... I would liked 2 levels more but the game satisfied me, we all saw how bad it could be...

Yeah good points there.. Also I got the ps2 port and still highly rated it. I hear the original PSP version is a lot better
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

I liked Origins too. So did a bunch of people who posted in these threads:

The "I got it" & Impressions thread
Origins is the best Silent Hill game ever made
So where would Origins be ranked in the series?

You can share your love of this game in any of those threads. Please look around for existing topics before creating your own. ;)