James' Car?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

James' Car?

Post by Martee »

I was just wondering if anyone would be able to give me an idea of what make/model James' car is. I looked in the quick links section but the link to 'James Car' no longer works, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
My supply fell through...
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Re: James' Car?

Post by simeonalo »

http://ultimategto.com/1969/69h_00203_2.jpg

I don't remember how it looks like from the game, but this one seems accurate. It's a Diecast 1969 GTO Light Blue .
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Martee »

simeonalo wrote:http://ultimategto.com/1969/69h_00203_2.jpg

I don't remember how it looks like from the game, but this one seems accurate. It's a Diecast 1969 GTO Light Blue .
Thanks! That one does look pretty damn close. If anyone else has any suggestions I'd be more than happy to hear them.
Squarehead
Gravedigger

Post by Squarehead »

simeonalo wrote:http://ultimategto.com/1969/69h_00203_2.jpg

Whoa! James is da pimp. Which is good considering Maria is the only approachable woman in his Silent Hill...
I can't believe i earned 10 Silent Hill cash for this.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

I always thought it looked like something by Dodge or Camaro. Definitely a muscle car though.

Perhaps a good way of the Japanese developers setting the scene with 'this is in America', haha.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Uyrikeustek »

Wow, that's an awesome and close picture! How did you find that? How long did it take? It's scary how close it looks to James' car.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
Keiko
Just Passing Through

Post by Keiko »

Everybody knows that he's driving a Sabre from GTA but dunno what is it really called.
Sorry for my bad english...
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

The correct answer is the 1978 Chevy Nova (and is brought to you by the same authority which correctly identified the truck seen in the Silent Hill 8 trailer). The trim, windows, rear bumper, hood and brake light designs are all totally identical.

James' ride:

1978 Nova:

DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

I think Alone in the Town has me convinced.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Martee »

Nice one AITT, thanks for that! Cheers to sim aswell for finding one similar :P
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

That's defintely the vehicle...nice find AITT!
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

My grandpa's got one of those sitting on his farm. It's that light blue color and everything.

That's awesome.
Torgo
Just Passing Through

Post by Torgo »

But here's the big question: why does he leave the door open?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Same reason he parked it in two different parking spaces like a douchebag.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SHF

Post by SHF »

my theory is
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
he recently killed mary and fled to the observation point.
He left the car door open becuase he was hasty
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
BlackRose
Just Passing Through

Post by BlackRose »

helldescent wrote:my theory is
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
he recently killed mary and fled to the observation point.
He left the car door open becuase he was hasty
Observation point?
When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off."
Stephen King
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^Also known as "Observation Deck". It's the place where James reads the letter. Close to the bathroom.

. . .

And about the door, yeah. . . Nothing much to say apart from "because he's an idiot" but maybe he figured the town was all empty so nobody would steal his things. Or better, he thought Silent Hill was near and he was in a hurry. Maybe he thought he'd find the whole thing in like 20 minutes or less, that's why he didn't bothered with closing the door.
BlackRose
Just Passing Through

Post by BlackRose »

Mephisto wrote:^Also known as "Observation Deck". It's the place where James reads the letter. Close to the bathroom.

. . .

And about the door, yeah. . . Nothing much to say apart from "because he's an idiot" but maybe he figured the town was all empty so nobody would steal his things. Or better, he thought Silent Hill was near and he was in a hurry. Maybe he thought he'd find the whole thing in like 20 minutes or less, that's why he didn't bothered with closing the door.
Ah ok, got ya. I doubt he'd flee from his car then stop and read the letter. I mean at that time he's not aware of what really happened to Mary, so it's doubtfull he'd be abandoning his car because of that.
When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off."
Stephen King
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I doubt he'd flee from his car then stop and read the letter.<
That's exactly what he does, though: He steps out of the restroom and reads the letter.

>so it's doubtfull he'd be abandoning his car because of that.<
Well, "The real reason James came to Silent Hill was to take his own life in a place of memories," so there's no reason to close the door. Also, like Harry's Jeep and Cybil's bike, James' car's battery probably died there, so the battery wouldn't necessarily be drained when he returns to drive himself into the lake.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
BlackRose
Just Passing Through

Post by BlackRose »

The Adversary wrote:>I doubt he'd flee from his car then stop and read the letter.<
That's exactly what he does, though: He steps out of the restroom and reads the letter.

>so it's doubtfull he'd be abandoning his car because of that.<
Well, "The real reason James came to Silent Hill was to take his own life in a place of memories," so there's no reason to close the door. Also, like Harry's Jeep and Cybil's bike, James' car's battery probably died there, so the battery wouldn't necessarily be drained when he returns to drive himself into the lake.
He might have abandoned the car, yes but when i think of "fleeing" i'm thinking of him panicking and running off, leaving the car.
Stephen King