MGS Reference?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Mr. Domino
Just Passing Through

MGS Reference?

Post by Mr. Domino »

Apologize if this has been found before (searched and didn't find anything), but I found a neat little reference to the Metal Gear Solid series (at least a potential one) inside the Lakeview Hotel, in the room that's grey on the map, just to the west of the Cafe Toluca. At the end on the hallway if you examine the area that you can't see, James says "A cardboard box. There's nothing inside."

This would be a nice little connector since SH1 was advertised in the first MGS game.
I'm not a self-righteous, egotistical, arrogant bastard - but I play one on the internet!
LuciaInFurs
Just Passing Through

Post by LuciaInFurs »

I haven't played MGS, could you explain the reference, please? This sounds quite curious.
[color=yellow]The Electric Angels [/color](here be tales)
[url]http://luciainfurs.wordpress.com/[/url]
~*~*~*~*~*~
[color=red]"Don't you know there ain't no devil,
it's just god when he's drunk"[/color]
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

^ Snake (the protagonist from the MGS series) used to sneak past the enemies using a cardboard box.
Last edited by Mephisto on 09 Jul 2010, edited 1 time in total.
Bishop Sasarai

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

I doubt it. It's probably just one of those "Nothing unusual" sorts of messages that games have been using for years.
"In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer
--
Proud member of the Asiatic hordes. SEANZ.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

If James commented, "There's noone inside," then sure. He doesn't, though.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Or maybe if he said "It's just a box" it could pass for one....the closest thing to an MGS reference is in SH3 where you find the silencer for the pistol.
Violent Corpse
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Violent Corpse »

Don't think so..
Loveless_Dogg

Post by Loveless_Dogg »

Well......it IS a Konami game......but who knows?.. :mrgreen:
Value your failures more than your successes. Successes only last until someone screws them up. Failures are forever. She left...and...I'm lost.
everfield
Just Passing Through

Re: MGS Reference?

Post by everfield »

Konami does have a long history of referencing there games. For example: DDR on yu gi oh, silent hill songs in DDR, yu hi oh cards based on MGS, Pyramid head and solid snake in a track and field game...by konami. So its sort of possible for that to be a reference
Not very pretty, is it.
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: MGS Reference?

Post by Uyrikeustek »

Wow, I've played SH2 several times and knew about MGS, but I never thought about that before. Sure, it's probably just a coincidence, but you never know. But yeah, Konami does have a habit of doing those kinds of things. Good catch, though.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.