Under Pyramid Head's Helmet: A Theory

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

LeriSuccubus
Just Passing Through

Under Pyramid Head's Helmet: A Theory

Post by LeriSuccubus »

I checked the quicklinks section for possible "under the mask" posts for ideas and couldn't find anything specific, but if you can direct me it'd be appreciated.

I believe that Pyramid Head's real head is actually...a penis. Why do I so strongly believe that? Mostly due to the strange "sack" at the back of his head which is either some type of weight, a respiration system of some kind, or testicles. Most of us have already seen PH's black "tongue" coming out of the hole in his helmet when he begins to strangle James, but what if it's not really a tongue, but an extention of his head penis (or penis head, respectively)?

I'm not posting this theory as a joke, since I sincerely believe that it would make sense according to his theme of sexuality and dominance.
Xev
Historical Society Historian

Post by Xev »

April 1st again so soon?
sorata
Gravedigger

Post by sorata »

I wouldn't call this a "theory" per se...
SHF

Post by SHF »

He chokes james with his hand, not a tentacle.
For the love of Zeus, not the Penis.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Severeth
Gravedigger

Post by Severeth »

...Wut.

Okay. I guess the helmet is representative of a gigantic pointed condom... It only makes sense! Misanthrope at it's very best.

Or y'know, not.
I have a Youtube account where I sometimes post SH related videos. www.youtube.com/user/severeth

http://www.last.fm/user/Severeth
Empty_Eyes

Post by Empty_Eyes »

How absolutely inane. Why would they make it a penis... and not reveal that at some point? Why go through the trouble of concocting this character waaaayyyy back in 2000 (I figure they had to be working on this for at least a year)... and never once in a decade, in a fucking decade reveal that "lolz guys it's a peneer".

It's absolutely absurd, the helmet is in direct correlation to the executioners hat, you know from the painting in the historical society...

Is there more to the monster sure... but I'm pretty confident it's not a penis.
SHF

Post by SHF »

It may very well be james, as ph is a manifestation from his mind, set out to punish james and make him realize the truth.
What hasnt been discussed is why PHeads hands are webbed, and why his knife has the handle at the bottom, rather than the top.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

LMAO!
Penis! :lol:
NightlyOne
Just Passing Through

Post by NightlyOne »

I highly doubt that it's a penis. I'm a subscriber to the belief that, since Pyramid Head is a direct manifestation of James' subconscious guilt, it also takes on James' physical characteristics as well. Thus, if the helmet were removed, we'd be looking at another James.
helldescent wrote:It may very well be james, as ph is a manifestation from his mind, set out to punish james and make him realize the truth.
What hasnt been discussed is why PHeads hands are webbed, and why his knife has the handle at the bottom, rather than the top.
Well, as far as hands go, Pyramid Head is wearing gloves with fused fingers. So, whether his hands are truly webbed or not remains undetermined, as far as I know.
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

a developer of the game has stated in lost memories book that PH's head is exaclty like valtiel. no penis here
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

*Slaps everyone in this thread atleast once.*
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SilentEyesSilentWords
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentEyesSilentWords »

Kudos x2 for straight up stating this theory of yours so bluntly, I see you've been bashed a bit but that's ok cuz you stuck out an ideal that could have some possible representation and you cannot be denied your own beliefs on any one subject.

However interesting your theory might be though I cannot help but disagree with it. It was though very interesting at first, but even though Silent Hill enjoys delving into the perception of sexuality (mostly #2 lol) I wouldn't think under that helmet would lye a great big cock...

In the game their is stated an exocutioner (sp?) of some kind (I forget specifics sorry) and that person (specifics again...) must be hidden under the helmet in some obscure/deformed/sureal way. That's just my guess though, another theory to add on.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>*Slaps everyone in this thread atleast once.*
[action]Slaps everyone in this thread w/ his penis at least once[/action]
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!

Honestly, I shudder to think what Freud would make of this.

And as sad as it makes me, this topic was discussed before... a lot.... too many times in fact.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

I think Sigmund Freud would have a fucking field day with the whole Silent Hill fanbase.

Well, minus those who believe that there are, in fact, parts of Silent Hill 2 that don't actually have anything to do with sex, rape and genitals.
Apatheria
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Apatheria »

Honestly? I know the game has a lot of sexual imagery, but this is going a tad too far, don't ya think? Is there any real evidence to support this aside from a supposed physical likeness?
Arsonist wrote:Honestly, I shudder to think what Freud would make of this.
He'd be proud.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

I call it "Logical Progression".
Apatheria
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Apatheria »

^And that's all that really needs to be said.

[/thread]
sorata
Gravedigger

Post by sorata »

I can't believe this thread is still here... I was fully expecting it to be gone when I come back on... massive spam...
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

And as sad as it makes me, this topic was discussed before... a lot.... too many times in fact.
I agree with you.

And its not a penis. Underneath Pyramid's helmet. . . there's nothing. It's his head. Not a helmet.

The whole thing about "If you remove PH's helmet he'll be something like Valtiel" is only an example of what the design for him would be like if they (the team) didn't include a helm. In other words, he would be a faceless monster like many others.

In short: I still think that the red helm is in fact, his head.