I've always wondered something..........

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Starr
Just Passing Through

I've always wondered something..........

Post by Starr »

How come Angela never meets Eddie or Laura? Everyone else interacts with each other (except for Mario for Eddie and Laura, they wouldn't see her) Anybody have thoughts on this?
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Because they have nothing to do with each other. Eddie and Laura came to Silent Hill together, and all three of them have things in common with each other, however, it's not perfect, as Angela and Eddie don't seem to have any connection to each other, same as with Angela and Laura.

Or, alternatively, they did meet each other, but James wasn't around when they did so. Eddie and Laura certainly met before the bowling alley scene.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

Heh. Mario.
nobody is anybody
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
Andrashi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Andrashi »

I lol'd.

Well, in my opinion, almost every character meeting with each other was just pure chance (except for James/Maria and James/Laura)... just being devoured by Silent Hill at the same time...

Plus, it was more probable for James and Angela to end up meeting other people since they were constantly moving from one place to another looking for someone... On the other hand, Eddie seemed to be more likely to stay in places for some time...
SHF

Post by SHF »

angela chooses to not associate with the others, at least from james ( the players) perspective. Shes always by herself, looking for her mother. This makes it appear as though shes a delusion, but she is indeed alive, as there are photos and newspaper clippings revolving around her existence.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
sorata
Gravedigger

Post by sorata »

helldescent wrote:angela chooses to not associate with the others, at least from james ( the players) perspective. Shes always by herself, looking for her mother.
Not to mention she mistaken James as her mother for a second as well. I believe the reason why Angela never meets Eddie for two main reasons:

1. Just like you will never meet 99.99% of the population in the world, there is a huge factor of randomness. Not everyone needs to interact with each others just because they are there.

2. There is no reason for Angela to meet the others (given there is a subconscious level between the victims and Silent Hill which dictates who gets to see whom) other than James. In another words, there is either no commonality between Angela and other characters in the game in her path, or those people simply would not "help" her realizing the reason why she's in Silent Hill.

Again, IMHO.

BTW, paladin181, I LOLed in my office seeing that Mario head. :D
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

I agree. The only way for people to really interact with one another is if their Silent Hill Quest (patent pending)... is destined to make them meet. It would be a rather negative meeting if Eddie and Angela met.. a psychopath meeting a suicidal woman, good things would not arise. lol
I don't make a signature.
Except for the part of the signature explaining that I don't.
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
Kilrahi
Just Passing Through

Post by Kilrahi »

Just curious, but how do we know they didn't meet each other?

We assume they didn't just because they don't mention it? That seems a stretch.
Starr
Just Passing Through

Post by Starr »

^Well, if the game shows they didn't meet, then we assume they didn't meet. Plus Angela/Eddie and maybe even Laura would've mentioned the other character about seeing them.
Kilrahi
Just Passing Through

Post by Kilrahi »

Starr wrote:^Well, if the game shows they didn't meet, then we assume they didn't meet. Plus Angela/Eddie and maybe even Laura would've mentioned the other character about seeing them.
It doesn't actually say or show (since you can't show) the event not happening. It's certainly possible that for the many hours and hours of play where you aren't with Angela, Eddie, or Laura, it's possible they intermingled.

It's also possible they didn't. It just seems like you really can't know one way or the other.
Last edited by Kilrahi on 08 Feb 2010, edited 1 time in total.
Starr
Just Passing Through

Post by Starr »

You're partly right, but like I said, if we didn't see them interact or mention one another about seeing them or talking to them, then we can assume that they never met.
Falconv1.0
Gravedigger

Post by Falconv1.0 »

You wondered why a character with no real connection to Eddie and Laura and didn't go where Eddie and Laura went didn't meet Eddie and Laura. Why? Why would you wonder why she never met two other characters? How does that make anything odd?
Your weaboo is showing
Starr
Just Passing Through

Post by Starr »

Umm, did I say it was odd? No, it was just a curious question. Get off my case.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

You're partly right, but like I said, if we didn't see them interact or mention one another about seeing them or talking to them, then we can assume that they never met.
No we can't. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Falconv1.0
Gravedigger

Post by Falconv1.0 »

Starr wrote:Umm, did I say it was odd? No, it was just a curious question. Get off my case.
Wondering why a character never meets another character infers you saw some kind of reason why they should.
Your weaboo is showing
redpyramid
Just Passing Through

Post by redpyramid »

i think like angela maria and mary (including pryamid head i guess) were all just spirits there trying to teach james a lesson and eddie was there for god knows why(probally to eat everything and make james starve to death lol jk) and laura i think was his reward or gift at the end(not like a rapist but as in having a child like he wanted or like mary wanted idk) thats my best guess.

:twisted: RedPyramid :twisted:
[color=red][b]User was deactivated for being underage.[/b][/color]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I have a hard time believing you're 29. . . .
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
redpyramid
Just Passing Through

Post by redpyramid »

lol im not dude...but i had to pick an age but i dont belive alot of ppl are the age they say that they are...and im sure my parents dont care if i look at pics of sh i mean they let me play it right? so wats different on a forum its just talking about it nothing bad lol its wat we see and witness in the world everyday as my mom and dad states...im actually 14 almost 15 though :)

:twisted: RedPyramid :twisted:
[color=red][b]User was deactivated for being underage.[/b][/color]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>im actually 14 almost 15 though
O.K. I just wanted to make sure. There's an age restriction at this forum.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.