You can actually enter the schoolbus!

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Post by Son_of_Kauffman »

Jewelry shop? :shock: Damn, I missed that one completely. :oops:
Spetsnaz of the Interior Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia
Spetsnaz sil Vnutrenniye Voiska Ministerstva Vnutrennikh Del

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
Kaiza Killa
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Kaiza Killa »

GioGio wrote:I'm surprised so many did not know this.
When I play, I check and double check each and every door ect.
Me also but I somehow managed to miss the bus. No pun intended. :lol:

H+
"Everything above your neck's going to be a fine red mist" - Sniper (Team Fortress 2).
Web_Zombie
Just Passing Through

Post by Web_Zombie »

I can't even remember how I found out about the bus, it just sort of happened.

I missed it on my first playthrough though.
I smell the smelly smell of something that smells smelly...
Weyoun
Just Passing Through

Post by Weyoun »

I missed the bus when I was high-tailing it into the school but I found it afterwards (when the daylight returns).
I think I missed the jewelry shop on my first playthrough though. It's always a pleasure finding something new in a Silent Hill game. It's probably why I keep playing them over and over.
Web_Zombie
Just Passing Through

Post by Web_Zombie »

If my memory serves me right I found the bus after taking a wrong turn after fumbling through the streets in the dark.

I must've found the jewellery shop on another paythrough, I was too scared to explore the first time through.
unreadphilosophy
Historical Society Historian

Post by unreadphilosophy »

I didn't know you could enter the bus. Hell, I didn't even see the bus. :shock:

I have a lot of health drinks atm, so I don't have any reason to run back to Midwhich.
Web_Zombie
Just Passing Through

Post by Web_Zombie »

unreadphilosophy wrote:I didn't know you could enter the bus. Hell, I didn't even see the bus. :shock:

I have a lot of health drinks atm, so I don't have any reason to run back to Midwhich.
Even years after the game's release people are still finding out new things. That's pretty crafty for Team Silent, it just adds to the replay value.
Xerophan
Just Passing Through

Post by Xerophan »

Out of everything I've read on these forums, the fact that many people didn't know about the bus is the most surprising so far. Then again, I didn't even notice the bus myself until my second playthrough, but then I was like "Wow! A bus! I wonder if I can enter it. . . ."
2 Favorite Quotes:

"[color=#0000FF]I was weak. That’s why I needed you.... Needed someone to punish me for my sins.... But that’s all over now.... I know the truth.... Now it’s time to end this."[/color]--James Sunderland

[color=#BF0000]"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty....It's all the same once you're dead. And a corpse can't laugh."[/color]--Eddie
Damn It All
Just Passing Through

Post by Damn It All »

Funny, even though this was the first SH, I feel like it featured the most non linear game play out of the whole series (except for maybe SH2).
The Heart is heaven but the Mind is Hell. - Tom Waits
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

@Damn It All
I agree. This game is fun to explore, too. If only they had more space on the disc, they may have even added an extra location or two.
Every SH game since has seemed to be more and more linear (perhaps not SH4, I haven't really spent a lot of time exploring that one). Here's to hoping Shattered Memories will take after this one and make a nice open world to explore...
Damn It All
Just Passing Through

Post by Damn It All »

Ryoshockwave wrote:@Damn It All
I agree. This game is fun to explore, too. If only they had more space on the disc, they may have even added an extra location or two.
Every SH game since has seemed to be more and more linear (perhaps not SH4, I haven't really spent a lot of time exploring that one). Here's to hoping Shattered Memories will take after this one and make a nice open world to explore...
Yeah I hope so too. From what I heard though, its quite expansive so that'll be awesome.
The Heart is heaven but the Mind is Hell. - Tom Waits
Web_Zombie
Just Passing Through

Post by Web_Zombie »

I'd like to explore Origins sometime but damn them monsters! They're so hard to get away from because Travis is so slow.

Anyway, SH1 seemed to have a ton of easter eggs and intertextual references, it hasn't been matched in a game since I don't think. SH2/3 had some exploration value but nowhere near as much as SH1. If anything, that's one thing I'd like to see return in later games.
Weyoun
Just Passing Through

Post by Weyoun »

Web_Zombie wrote: Anyway, SH1 seemed to have a ton of easter eggs and intertextual references, it hasn't been matched in a game since I don't think. SH2/3 had some exploration value but nowhere near as much as SH1. If anything, that's one thing I'd like to see return in later games.
I agree. This is something that I sorely miss in the games. It's why I revisit SH1 & 2 more frequently than the others.
Disfigurator
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Disfigurator »

+1 indeed. I think I still have a lot to uncover in SH1 despite ~10 play-throughs
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

Haha you can enter it as many times anytime as you want, there's a save in there.
Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

This game had the largest amount of non-essential explorable content out of any of the Silent Hill titles. I love searching for those little secret/out-of-the-way/easily-overlooked locations in games. That is one of the reasons why this is my second favorite game in the series.

I probably would have missed the school-bus though, if I didn't learn about it from (this?) thread. I'm always running like hell at this point in the game, so I always went right past it. It's a very useful spot to know about. The interior of the bus makes me uneasy. I don't like all that broken glass around, and I still feel exposed when I am inside it, even though it is perfectly safe.
Lemex
Gravedigger

Post by Lemex »

I thought that entering: the school bus, the shop at the start, the fuel station, the police station; all these things was comman knowledge.