Silent Hill, according to Angela:

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>Because whenever they're meeting, it's usually because the other person's emotions, and thus Otherworld, is more powerful at the moment, drawing in others.

So James emotions isn't powerful.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I don't believe Angela's "world" takes precedence over James'—they are the same "world."

I haven't read what I wrote in years—and I don't feel like doing so now—but my point is if I mentioned the piston room as being a part of Angela's "world," I no longer believe as such: It, too, is James', just as the Ideal Father monster is representative of Mary and him.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

Ok, I understand if you don't feel like reading your post again, but your point back then was that they were separate realities colliding into each other.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Severeth
Gravedigger

Post by Severeth »

Very good theory -- and I agree with it.

I admit that on my first playthrough, I thought the room Angela was in (...202?) could've been her bedroom -- not that she lived in Blue Creek, but that it might've been a place where she felt at least relatively safe and was a place where she could reflect on her thoughts and contemplate suicide in peace.

It's a stretch, but I always feel this way whenever I play through. (Funnily enough, I played through that part of the game again only a couple of hours ago.)
I have a Youtube account where I sometimes post SH related videos. www.youtube.com/user/severeth

http://www.last.fm/user/Severeth
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

So James emotions isn't powerful.
Who said that? I'm just saying that Angela's are possibly more potent. Hell, whenever we see her, she's usually collapsed on the floor. Like MMY said, though, James does have an influence, like in the piston room.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Lecksi
Just Passing Through

Post by Lecksi »

It makes perfect sense..but..if you were Angela and in your depressing house, wouldn't you find it odd that some random guy you met in a CEMETERY is in your home interacting with you?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Honestly? I'd be more concerned with why my dad is alive again and why fucking everything is on fire.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Lecksi
Just Passing Through

Post by Lecksi »

Yeah I'd be a bit concerned about that too lol. But she met James a couple times along the way before he gets to the boss that is her "dad" so maybe she didn't even know her "dad" was alive until then? And as for the fire..she says "For me it's always like this" so she must be used to it.
Returbuliz
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Returbuliz »

Great theory, MMY.
totally agree.
Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die
Fantastic Mr Fox
Just Passing Through

Post by Fantastic Mr Fox »

It's a very interesting theory that I like very much. I do however have a question I'd like to ask. The door that leads to the piston room is actually the same colour as the walls that surround it, it appears white because it is papered over by newspapers. What is the significance this?

My own personal theory is that it is lots of copies of the same article that can be read on the bloody newspaper directly before entering the corridor that houses that door. I believe it signifies the loop that Angela appears to be stuck in, trapped within her own memories and guilt.
Shannen the Manic
Just Passing Through

Post by Shannen the Manic »

Thats a pretty complicated theory but also an interesting one. It makes sense.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

I think Angela is totally aware that she entered to the apartments building, but when James finds her in that room you can see that Angela is totally broken... I think she was following the same path than James until that room and she was shocked for find a room of her old house inside the building... (We can say the same about Eddie who also is in the same locations than James but finding random places from his mind like the football's player room and the fridge)

Since then Angela traveled to different locations like James but she always found more and more areas of her old house in random places and this made her lost her mind... The opening cutscene of Angela running in her home could be a similar situation than james going down through the holes, it could happen at the hotel before James find her by the last time...

I think James,.Angelaand Eddie see the same Silent Hill, but they see different creatures; they find the same locations sometimes and different locations in others (Maybe Eddie was in the high school building and Angela was at any place related with her father while James was at the hospital)... Anyway the town leaded them to the same final location (Labyrinth) for test them... Angela and James were lucky for survive the labyrinth anyway...
Nowh3re
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Nowh3re »

>Angela and James were lucky for survive the labyrinth anyway...
Eddie survived too. The Meat Locker isn't part of the Labyrinth. Eddie didn't survive the Abyss.
Of course it didn't happen.
Deadbolt
Just Passing Through

Post by Deadbolt »

I think James,.Angelaand Eddie see the same Silent Hill
You think wrong, then.
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

Eddie survived too. The Meat Locker isn't part of the Labyrinth. Eddie didn't survive the Abyss.
The labyrinth itself is in the abyss, no? It doesn't exist outside of it.
"Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."
[size=84]The Gospel of Thomas, logion 7.[/size]
Nowh3re
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Nowh3re »

>The labyrinth itself is in the abyss, no?
The Labyrinth is part of the Abyss.
Of course it didn't happen.
Silent One
Gravedigger

Post by Silent One »

Very interesting theory, but I have a hard time seeing the whole town somehow fit into angela's little house. Perhaps it's more Silent Hill at random sections connects to angela's house when James finds her instead of the whole town being her house.
Deathbywoodenplank
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Silent Hill, according to Angela:

Post by Deathbywoodenplank »

Very good points. I love reading theories surrounding Angela. She's so mysterious and tragic; it's just fascinating to me how much symbolism lies in her character alone.

Few flaws:
MMY wrote:the white house with white siding Angela is seen running through in the introduction
Considering this is scene is only in the intro, we can't be sure if it's technically valid, seeing as there are 2 or 3 other small scenes that didn't make the final product or were changed.

--

I find it a little hard to believe she would want to return home. Obviously she was in the graveyard to escape from her house
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
after she murdered her father
. If she fled to the graveyard to escape her crime, why would she return? I guess it would be to face her punishment, but she's so deep in denial and confusion about her sin that she can't comprehend what's happening to her.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath
the REAPER came today.
An ANGEL visited this gray path,
and took the CUBE away.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Considering this is scene is only in the intro, we can't be sure if it's technically valid, seeing as there are 2 or 3 other small scenes that didn't make the final product or were changed.
It's not that they're cutscenes; they're canonical, James just never sees them. They wouldn't be in the intro of the final game if they weren't relevant somehow. For example, Eddie and Laura infront of the van tells us that Eddie was Laura's ride to Silent Hill.
If she fled to the graveyard to escape her crime, why would she return? I guess it would be to face her punishment, but she's so deep in denial and confusion about her sin that she can't comprehend what's happening to her.
She might not have a choice.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Very interesting theory Tom.

That means Angela was always searching her mother inside her house, never leaving, checking rooms, basement, stairs. Boy, how boring. . .