You can actually enter the schoolbus!

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Dutchman
Gravedigger

Post by Dutchman »

I missed the schoolbus all together for some reason... maybe because I was chased by monsters from every direction? I'll pay more attention next time 8)
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn230/Ghoul68/banner_shh_4.png[/img]
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

bryan12112 wrote:
ControlFreak wrote:I missed both the police station and the school bus on my first playthrough. Yay me! :?
I was probably worse off than anyone else here during my first play through. I missed: convenience store, bus, police station, and EVERYTHING involving the Good+ side-quest (I just ran past everything and went straight to the boat, lol).

But I have a good excuse. I wasn't a Silent Hill fan at this point. I was just playing through the game to see what it was like. It wasn't until the infamous Lisa scene that it all started to click and I became obsessed with the game. After completing it, I immediately went back through and went for 100%.
Me too.
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

I found everything on my first playthrough because I'm awesome.

In the resort area, though, there's this diner that makes door-wiggly noises when you try to open it. It makes me very paranoid, because no other outside door does that...
Jack Frober
Gravedigger

Post by Jack Frober »

I found it too. Not the police station. Now that I'm replaying the game after so many years I plan on raiding that bitch as well.
This young man never had a bummer in some 33 LSD trips. Every one of them was a delight, everything under control. He needed only to snap his fingers and down he came, anytime. But on voyage 34 he finally met himself coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing.
adm1r
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by adm1r »

I think i found that second time i played the game.First time i didn't even seen the bus and i think the doors are little opened so that's why i checked in the first place.
Disfigurator
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Disfigurator »

I guess I mised Police station in first play-through and side quests during the next 3?!
Then I red guides to the sidequests and completed the game 100% in ~8 play-through's. I kind of like that you can miss these huge elements and be suprised every time you play the game. Great replay value.
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

It was one of the last things I discovered, but I have known about the bus probably since my 4th or 5th playthrough. Actually, it was mom that wanted to see if I could go in it- she was a schoolbus driver for many years. I didn't think I could, but I humored her. Sure enough...
SilentObserver
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentObserver »

I never found half of the things I needed in my first play through, but I did go into the schoolbus. I usually hit that on the way out of the school.

Took me forever to figure out that i could get some of that red liquid with the bottle tho.
Only some of my posts are serious.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

I'm pretty sure I found the bus on my first play through, only because I have the impulse to examine and explore every inch of sidewalk, alley, whatever. I try to find every health/bullet item so im not lacking them later.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
lost carol
Just Passing Through

Post by lost carol »

on my 2 playtrough i found out that if you examine Harrys car you will get a health drink
my cherished memories shattered by reality,there my shattered memories....
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Did you enter the jewelry shop? I found it in my 3rd playthrough
SpaceProg
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SpaceProg »

Jewelry shop? In SH1? Huh... I don't remember encountering that. The only jewelry shop I remember is in SH3, but my memory cheats sometimes.

I did discover the bus the first time, because of the aforementioned slightly opened door. I liked the detail of it, as well as the much welcomed save point inside. :)
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Just before you fall and fight the giant worm, you'll get ammo, a first aid kit and a notepad there... The jewelry shop is a part of Nowhere so I wonder what does it mean for Alessa...
SpaceProg
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SpaceProg »

Ohhhh, yeah now I know where you're talking about. Yep, I've been in there.
RedPyramid3223

Post by RedPyramid3223 »

I think Cheryl took the bus to Midwich, but a magic school bus, ya know cuz driving in silent hill with sudden road break offs might be hard with a normal bus
SpaceProg
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SpaceProg »

Riiiide the magic bus!

Silent Hill, the most bummer trip of all!
pyramidheadkiller007
Just Passing Through

Post by pyramidheadkiller007 »

I noticed the bus on my first time playing; it looked like a safe haven from those aannoying Groaners (dog monsters)
Mr.Webs
Just Passing Through

Post by Mr.Webs »

I had NO idea about that school bus on my first playthrough. I'll never forget the first time I saw Midwich. It was so evil looking, and so damn dark. My radio going off like crazy, the scampering of the dog paws. You can't jump in this game, but I'm almost positive I FORCED Harry to jump some bushes in order to get into the building faster. :wink:
In my restless dreams, I see that town....Silent Hill.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

I missed the schoolbus on my first playtrough, 2 times. One was when I was going inside the school, the other was when I was getting out. Crap.
sa413625
Just Passing Through

Post by sa413625 »

I found it by accident running away from a monster. It's too bad you can't drive that thing around.