The Bodies In Silent Hill

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

Really?
Sun - SH3 OST wrote:God made time and divided it into day and night
God outlined the road to salvation and gave people joy
And God took endless time away from the people
God created beings to lead people in obedience to her

The red God Xuchlibara
The yellow God Lobsil Vith
Many Gods and Angels
Finally God set out to create paradise
Where people would be happy by just being there
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

When you're immortal, time has no meaning, is how I always read that.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

Yes but according to that, God did more than just giving people death. Which was your original claim.
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

Is God from Silent Hill 3 any different in purpose than God from Silent Hill 1? Maybe God's intentions can change depending on the person who births it. Alessa was angry and wanted death, so God likewise gave death to all in its path. Claudia wanted salvation and Paradise, so maybe God in that instance wouldn't have gone around blindly killing everyone.
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by stopped_clock »

AuraTwilight wrote:When you're immortal, time has no meaning, is how I always read that.

The paintings in the church in 3 tell us that before god the world was chaos, without time, without light, without joy. God created time, brought order to chaos, seperated light from darkness, and generally went about doing stuff to make people happy, and they all thought she was the mutts nuts.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

In Sun they're speaking of the first time their God came.
Sun wrote:But there God's strength ran out and she collapsed
All the world's people grieved this unfortunate event
Yet God breathed her last
She returned to the dust promising to come again

So God hasn't been lost
We must offer her prayers and not forget our faith
We wait in hope for the day
When the path to paradise will be opened
So Dahlia and Claudia are essentially trying to bring God back. Its my understanding that their sects see God differently? (Correct me if I'm remembering incorrectly). Dahlia spoke of Paradise and salvation, just as Claudia did.
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

Dahlia and Claudia were in the same sect, I thought...the Sect of the Holy Woman.

Dahlia's interpretation of Paradise is very different from Claudia's interpretation of Paradise. That's kind of the point of Vincent's little speech at the end of SH3, when he argues the utter futility of The Order's beliefs.
AlessaChevalier
Just Passing Through

Post by AlessaChevalier »

>Is God from Silent Hill 3 any different in purpose than God from Silent Hill 1?
The God that is summoned in the series is always the same God. Not entirely sure about SH1 but in SH3 it is known that the Order's idea of salvation was for God to come and kill everyone, sending them to paradise, I think. But it does explain why God in SH1 first action was to kill. My opinion is that this has been the belief of the Order near or before the time it was established and that their strong faith "salvation" staying constant over the course of at least 150 years made God's purpose for existing fixed and unchangeable. It also comes down to my belief that the "Otherworld" has always existed before the land was populated by the Native Americans, causing it to remain in a sense "blank." When the natives came, there beliefs influenced the Otherworld. They believed that the strange things that happened there were because of the "Great Spirit." These events kept happening and the faith of the natives grew, increasing the Otherworld's power until the point where there faith became so strong that their god was manifested into an actual entity. The colonist arrived and experienced the Otherworld for themselves. They turned to the natives for answers and the God became known to the colonist. The power of the land convinced the colonist that this is actually the work of God and merged their Catholic faith with the native's faith creating the Order, and at some point in its development the influences of other religions like Shintoism and Buddhism were taken and placed into their own faith thus explaining why there are so many religious ideas that do not stem from Christianity like the shrine in the Green Lion and all the artifacts and names on the doors you find in Nowhere in SH1.

EDIT:
PS: Dahlia said salvation ONLY in the English translation. Makes you think huh?

Another EDIT:
This thread should shed light on the sects' views on God http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopi ... sc&start=0[/url]
I know it's a long read but keep going because MMY's views change half-way through and things get more detailed. Basically you'll understand when you get to the end of page 3.
Last edited by AlessaChevalier on 03 Apr 2009, edited 2 times in total.
When I become the voice of reason, you know reason is in deep $%*#ing trouble.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I don't really change my beliefs halfway through—I stay consistent w/ that one. Well, I guess I do asseverate my change on -----> What I've vacillated most on is whether or not Valtiel is the red god, Xuchilbara. No longer do I believe they are the same.

Reading through the entire topic is a good idea, anyway, b/c I so fuckin' rock I rule.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AlessaChevalier
Just Passing Through

Post by AlessaChevalier »

True, I was just making sure they don't stop reading before seeing you changed a view. It's just that after you revived the topic, eventually everything about the gods and the different image's of God came into the open.
When I become the voice of reason, you know reason is in deep $%*#ing trouble.
phix95
Just Passing Through

Post by phix95 »

DamienPales wrote:Based on this whole discussion, I'm pretty 50/50 on whether it was Dahlia or Alessa who offed Cybil.

If it was Dahlia, and I'm still leaning in that direction, she just knocked Cybil out and summoned the parasite inside of her while she was unconscious. And I don't think she used the wheelchair for transportation, it was just at the merry-go-round and Dahlia left her there.

If it was Alessa, then it was Alessa. I'd like it more if Alessa was the one who did it, but I don't see why Alessa would wait until that particular point in the game to get rid of Cybil. She could've just knocked Cybil out at any time, couldn't she? Especially when Cybil saw her before she crossed the street toward the lake before she meets up with Harry at the antique shop.
But wouldn't Dahlia realize that once Cybil has the parasite, she would probably try to kill Harry? And doesn't Dahlia need Harry to get to Alessa?
Droo

Post by Droo »

It can't be Dahlia. At least she didn't conjure the parasite. She doesn't have this sort of power.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

You could ask the same question if you assume Alessa did it too.

Though, it seems that whoever knocked Cybil out put her in a rather out-of-the-way location where Harry couldn't just run into her. You see Cybil sitting on a wheelchair in the merry-go-round, so she seems to have been placed there purposely. Whoever did it wasn't counting on Harry venturing into that place.

Though maybe, just maybe, Dahlia was hoping Harry would use the Aglaophotis on Cybil so that he would basically destroy the last remaining Aglaophotis supply left. Assuming she knows Harry has it.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

You could ask the same question if you assume Alessa did it too.
You're of course assuming that Alessa has absolute control over her monsters, and even if she did, it's within her interests to have Harry and Cybil Fight. Either way she gets more time to complete the Seal, and if Harry wins, Cybil's eliminated. if Harry loses, she can probably regenerate him back in the cafe or something or, if Alessa's side is dominant, leave him dead.
Though, it seems that whoever knocked Cybil out put her in a rather out-of-the-way location where Harry couldn't just run into her. You see Cybil sitting on a wheelchair in the merry-go-round, so she seems to have been placed there purposely. Whoever did it wasn't counting on Harry venturing into that place.
Or a random wheelchair was just there and Cybil took a seat while waiting for her opponent.
Though maybe, just maybe, Dahlia was hoping Harry would use the Aglaophotis on Cybil so that he would basically destroy the last remaining Aglaophotis supply left. Assuming she knows Harry has it.
There's no way Dahlia could've known. She was pretty surprised when Kauffman brought some.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]