Alex' Diary

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

nobody
My Bestsellers Clerk

Alex' Diary

Post by nobody »

No thread bout this yet?

Konami released Alex' Diary on its site www.alex-shepherd.com. The diary is a 43mb PDF data and filled with different things about SHH and the other parts.
the direct download link is: Here

little spoiler: the diary may contain when each game took place.

have fun with the diary.

peace
there's comfort in silence
Loveless_Dogg
Historical Society Historian

Post by Loveless_Dogg »

I didn't know that......Thanks, I'll check it out.
Value your failures more than your successes. Successes only last until someone screws them up. Failures are forever. She left...and...I'm lost.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Hm. So if we take this diary seriously, then it canonizes the Smile Ending, lends credibility the theory that there are no actual Gods in Silent Hill and the theory that Mary is related to the Shepherds, (unfortunately) acknowledges Travis...
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Is this the same diary from the old Silent Hill: Homecoming Web site? 'cuz I have that one and I can't get this download to work.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
nobody
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nobody »

no it's not. but i can't upload it for you, my connection is too slow.
silenced angel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by silenced angel »

same happens to me, cannot get past the first screen, is there another way to get it?
nanook in heaven...
Yana
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Yana »

I've uploaded it for your viewing pleasure guys. ;)

www.trancingitup.com/shh_diary_ashepherd_206.pdf
[url=http://iampaddy.com/spell/]Learn To Fucking Spell[/url]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The file itself won't work for me, regardless of where I download it from.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Update your PDF software then. Adobe Acrobat 10 is what they advise using.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Lostkitsune
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Lostkitsune »

This is pretty cool but does this confirm that...
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Mary and Alex are related?
nobody
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nobody »

MMY wrote:The file itself won't work for me, regardless of where I download it from.
well, it's nothing special at all.
the only thing that might be of interest to you is the dates for the single games told in the doc.
This is pretty cool but does this confirm that...
nope.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Update your PDF software then.
I did. Still won't work.

Can someone transcribe this, or save the file as a .doc—something? I'd like to know what else they fucked w/. . . .

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Lostkitsune

Post by Lostkitsune »

MMY wrote:>Update your PDF software then.
I did. Still won't work.

Can someone transcribe this, or save the file as a .doc—something? I'd like to know what else they fucked w/. . . .
I could type out the whole thing after I get out of class in about two hours if you like?
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

I could type out the whole thing after I get out of class in about two hours if you like?
No need, I got it covered... Sort of:

At the start it’s nothing much. Alex decides to re-write the events which had happened to him so he could cope… or something.

Alex talks about joining the army (lol) and how his life was soooo hard yous guys.

He says Josh is thirteen years younger then him, and how his parents immediately lost interest in him. Before Josh, apparently Adam wanted Alex to become a solider, but thought of Alex as weak and lazy, after Josh’s birth, he lost interest in him completely.

Also Alex has a video tape of his nightmare (lol).

He talks some more about his nightmares and his desire to return to SG to see if anything’s wrong. He writes about no one coming to visit him, and about escaping from hospital.

He says he was dropped off to SG by a trucker named Travis Grady, he comes home, notices that the place is empty.

Mayor Sam Bartlett – Loves alcohol more then his people (who doesn’t?). Bartletts founded SG along with Alex’s great-great-grandfather

Doctor Martin Fitch – Town doctor, his ancestors also founded the town with the Shepherds, Batletts and Holloways, his kid is gay for dolls.

Judge Margaret Holloway – Judge, two daughters, is (you guessed it) yet another member of the four fucking founding families. Adam dislikes the Holloways apparently… goddamn matriarch…

The fog has apparently rolled from the lake. Josh and Alex really liked spending their time there during the summer. Adam didn’t let the boys enter the water, or go to Silent Hill.

Alex angsts some more. He also mentions that the hospital from his dream was St. Alchemilla hospital, one of two hospitals located in SH. He knows of a rumor that a trucker and a man named Harry Mason experienced bad shit there.

He kind of noticed the monsters at this point. Lucky his been in the military (lulz).

Bugs suck, and he thinks he loves Elle, his childhood friend, who is down to earth kind of gal, who doesn’t care about her family legacy, and is like, totally headstrong.

Wheeler – Adams friend. Believes all kinds of conspiracy theories. He knows(?) a police woman from Braham who disappeared 20 years a go.

More on monsters, mom is an emotional wreck, monsters are attracted to light, use light blows first, and the finish em off with a strong blow.

Now for the “good” parts:

Adam told him all about SH, it all started during the seventies, when Silent Hill chaned from a peaceful resort town into something evil.

Some trucker dude felt it first-hand, He was caught in a hellish world and was forced to confront his past.

In 198*smudged* Harry went on a vacation to SH with his daughter Cheryl. Before they reached their destination, they had a car-crash. When Harry came to, Cheryl was gone. He went to look for her, only to meet an occult sect called “Order”

Their leader, Dahlia Gillespie wanted to conjure up a demonic entity of Silent Hill. (I thought Dahlia was just a priestess, who was considered a fanatic by the rest of the Order, who considered her views to border on Heretic. Since when was she a leader?)

Ten years later, in 199*smudged, but looks like a nine* James received a letter from SH, it was from his wife who died more then three tears earlier(lol). He came to SH to meet her at their “special place”.

Since then, James was never heard from again. Also, as Alex points out: “Oh yes, and his wife’s name was Mary Shepherd-Sunderland, was she related to me?”

In 200*looks like it was a zero once, but had a five re-writen over it* The order was looking for Cheryl Mason, since Harry suspected this, they moved to a safer place, but they were tracked down. Harry killed one of the cultists, but was acquitted in court.

Claudia Wolf a leader of the sect at the time (Okay, wasn’t Claudia like, only twenty-five during the Portland murder case, also wasn’t she just a mere nun?) did not let up. She, like Dahlia, wanted to conjure the “mighty godlike demon”.

He talks about Lake-side park some more and there is also a quote taken directly from Lost Memories. You know, the one from the SH2 section which speaks of the natives who called SH a “Place of Still Spirits”.

The Order started kidnapping people in order to brain-wash them (wish house). He again mentions how dahlia tried to conjure the god of her fanatical sect with the help of her daughter, but failed miserably, as did Claudia Wolf, later on.

Ritual murders, executed by Walter Sullivan, killed the last priests of the Order. Since then, the Order no longer existed.

He explains the cults symbol, the Halo of the Sun, and its symbolism. Three inner circles representing past, present and the future, while the two external symbols represent charity and resurrection.

He says the order believes in “Holly Mother” and explains that the god is often depicted as a female.

He says Silent Hill was built on the holly ground and wonders if the location posses supernatural powers.

“As expected, a life is Silent Hill is much more common place then some have heard, and the “Great Evil”, “the Order” that is sought, originates from the same abyss, from which all religions originate: no part darker, then the fanatical heads of the followers themselves.”

There! That’s it. Not much really.
Last edited by Arsonist on 18 Feb 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Lostkitsune

Post by Lostkitsune »

Oh nicely done Arsonist, I have to wonder how true some of those facts are or not, such as Alex hearing things about Travis,Harry,James,Heather etc.
Loveless_Dogg

Post by Loveless_Dogg »

Arsonist wrote:his kid is gay for dolls.
LOL
MMY wrote:Can someone transcribe this, or save the file as a .doc—something? I'd like to know what else they fucked w/. . . .
Some of the timeline is similar to your own but I haven't really looked too closely at this one.
Value your failures more than your successes. Successes only last until someone screws them up. Failures are forever. She left...and...I'm lost.
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

Oh nicely done Arsonist, I have to wonder how true some of those facts are or not, such as Alex hearing things about Travis,Harry,James,Heather etc.
Thanks.

Yeah, the diary itself makes no sense, seeing as how Alex couldn’t know any of it. It just seems to be a game guid of a sorts, which tries not to spoil Homecoming, or previous games.

***Spoilers for SH2 and SHH***
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Mary dying three years a go, Alex being a solider. Both completely bogus informations
Also, the timeline is a bit weird. If SH2 happened in 1999, then SH4 happened in 2009. If the Portland murder case happened in 2000/2005, then SH3 happened in 2005/2010. just doesn’t make sense.

Also, as I pointed out. I’m pretty sure that Dahlia and Claudia weren’t leaders of the Order.

And not every sect calls god "Holy mother" only the Holy Mother sect does.

Also, thank you Nobody, for finding this.
nobody
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nobody »

You're welcome Arsonist.

Some numbers are a bit smugged, but it's definitely 1983 for Silent Hill 1. It's a three, i'm sure of it.

Silent Hill 2 "ten years later" -> 1993 Silent Hill 3 -> 2000 Silent Hill 4 -> 2003.

that's what i recognize. whatever
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

You may be right. It’s hard to tell.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Silent Hill 4: The Room officially occurs in 2001. Silent Hill 2, May 14, 1991. Silent Hill occurs April 20, 1980. Silent Hill 3, spring 1997.

They fail. Hard.

>I’m pretty sure that Dahlia and Claudia weren’t leaders of the Order.
Dahlia wasn't. Claudia was the head priestess of the sect of the Holy Woman for awhile.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.