Dog key

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Spudrush
Just Passing Through

Dog key

Post by Spudrush »

can anybody tell me where the Dog key is? ive been told its near jacks in, but can someone elaborate?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

From the exit of Rosewater Park, walk straight across the street. There's a little fenced-in area that has an opening: the dog house will be right there.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Spudrush
Just Passing Through

Post by Spudrush »

yeh but, i looked there and i couldnt find it anywhere. its seriously hard to find cos the fog there is ridiculously thick an you cant see a thing. still thanks tho
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Then you probably haven't unlocked it. The fog isn't so bad that you can't see the dog house, I assure you; if you're in the right place, you'd see it. Upon completing the game previously, if you've unlocked it, you have to be sure that you've loaded the proper save file before you start a new game, otherwise it may not register the previous completion.

Maybe I'll re-post my Dog Key FAQ after so many years.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
rip
Just Passing Through

Post by rip »

For the dog ending you need to have completed the ''Rebirth'' ending or ''In water'', ''Maria'' and ''Leave'' endings. The dog house might not be showing up beacause you haven't met the requirements for it
Spudrush
Just Passing Through

Post by Spudrush »

Well, i have had the in water, leave and Rebirth endings, so i should be seeing it. i may just be missing it, ill have a look in a while and see if it was just my stupidity
agawa
Just Passing Through

Post by agawa »

the Adversary wrote: Upon completing the game previously, if you've unlocked it, you have to be sure that you've loaded the proper save file before you start a new game, otherwise it may not register the previous completion.
What do you mean by that? I also have all the non-joke endings, and can't seem to get the Dog Key. It's probably the same problem.
Thank you.
Scyron
Hope House Careworker

Post by Scyron »

If I'm not mistaken the Dog ending was an extra with the Greatest Hits version and Xbox version. So it may be that you don't have the correct version so it simply doesn't exist.
[img]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2263/scyronah6.gif[/img]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>the Dog ending was an extra with the Greatest Hits version and Xbox version.
Nope. The Dog ending is available on all versions; the UFO ending, however, is not.

>What do you mean by that?
After you complete the game, it kicks you back out to the main menu. Select LOAD. Then load the game you've just completed with the proper completion files on it. Then, after it kicks you back to the main menu, select NEW GAME.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
agawa
Just Passing Through

Post by agawa »

>What do you mean by that?
After you complete the game, it kicks you back out to the main menu. Select LOAD. Then load the game you've just completed with the proper completion files on it. Then, after it kicks you back to the main menu, select NEW GAME.[/quote]

Dangit, that might be my problem. My game files also don't think that I have finished all
four endings (they're listed as 1/4, 2/4, 1/4, and 2/4, despite all being different) which may
also have come from that. Thanks for the heads up.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

That's probably the problem then. Those 2/4 files are ones that were done properly. If you press left or right on the save screen, you can see what endings you've received on each save. If that save doesn't recognize all of the requirements--despite having obtained each ending--then it won't work; it has to be on the same file.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
rip
Just Passing Through

Post by rip »

That's why you should always use only ONE save slot for your games ;)

Keeps things real tidy and easy to keep track of
Spudrush
Just Passing Through

Post by Spudrush »

i do only have one save, and it says i have 3/4 completions... ill just get the maria endin and then try again
Spudrush
Just Passing Through

Post by Spudrush »

i have had all the normal endings and i still cant find it. can somebody tell me where i can find a map indicating where the key is? cos its either that or i need to go through the game again and redo it all.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

http://www.geocities.com/th765/doghouse.html
There ya go. These maps should work.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i have the dog key but i dont know if im supposed to use it somewhere. if i do where? :?
B5160-R
Historical Society Historian

Post by B5160-R »

You don't have to use it anywhere.
[ Un-Space Exploration - UE photo blog ]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

ok, thanks for letting me know. otherwise id be wondering around like a crazy person. :roll:
easteralex
Just Passing Through

Post by easteralex »

pyramid____head wrote:i have the dog key but i dont know if im supposed to use it somewhere. if i do where? :?
Use it on the Observation post(Whatever name that was)And then use the dog key you will have the dog ending(While I was browsing here my friend came and said type in Silent Hill in newground's search then it said "dog ending")And it seem's the dog was the one behind silent hill after all!
[img]http://upload8.postimage.org/176858_e0de4d4faf6070e030b51a7fadd6f281/james_mary.jpg[/img]
Flauros
Just Passing Through

Post by Flauros »

Dog ending = 2nd funniest ending in SH series

Funniest = UFO ending in SH3

"Silent Hill No Uta" is great...
"And God said, 'At the time of fullness, cleanse the world with my rage.'"

[img]http://img1.yoxio.com/img/107276.jpg[/img]