Regarding Alex's Badassery (spoilaz):

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Caim
Historical Society Historian

Regarding Alex's Badassery (spoilaz):

Post by Caim »

If Alex was indeed never in the army, and was instead in a mental ward the entire time he thought he was in conflict, how in all Hell is he so in-shape and proficient in combat?

Just a quick question.
Hannah
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hannah »

Alex was fairly fit when he was younger (from what we've seen) and it wouldn't be hard for him to keep that figure, he is only twenty two, after all. Of course, if a lot of time has passed between the accident (when he was, as far as we know, a teenager) to now (as he's an adult)... even though he was reported to be 'catatonic' for a period of time in the memos. Maybe he didn't eat? But lack of nutrition doesn't account for the superior reflexes and musculature and.... I don't know. I DON'T KNOW. I JUST DON'T KNOW. ;_; Every time someone asks a question this game makes less sense.

:cry:
¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? ¡Lárgate, cabrón!

Y'know what I don't hate?
Caim

Post by Caim »

Hahaha, oh man, I was thinking the exact same thing. The only explanation I can think of is the Neo approach: "Uh-oh, shit's going down. I better get awesome."
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Adrinaline perhaps? You know that adrenaline can help a mother to lift a car off her child when he or she is in danger. Perhaps Alex was in a high state of adrenaline and feared that something had happened to his brother, perhaps his mind produced such a powerful imagine subconsciously that Alex just jumped up, his adrenaline pumping, his heart also pumping.. it's entirely possible.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
Caim

Post by Caim »

Why is he the only Silent Hill protagonist to have such adrenaline? Besides, I don't see how adrenaline teaches you how to use a shotgun, and/or not dodge into battle blindly and die a horrible and bloody death but instead dodge and slash like, I dunno... a soldier. AND I would think that much adrenaline would give a mofo a heart attack.
A dead person can't write a letter... it's illegal.
dr bones
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by dr bones »

there is already a thread on this, and in it this was posted:
AuraTwilight wrote:Otherworld + "I think I'm a badass soldier" = He can kick monster ass as if he were a badass soldier.
makes sense to me.
"Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame."
"The lies and the mist are not they but I. You all know that I am One. Yes, and the One is I."
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

this is just my opinion I guess, but I don't think he was THAT "proficient in combat"
Caim

Post by Caim »

Was there another thread on this? Dang, I scrolled through the Homecoming Spoilers page and didn't see it... :(
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

I thought there was too, Caim.

I said in that thread that he could possibly be better in combat than regular characters as the result of an interest in the military, I believe.
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

Doo-glas wrote:this is just my opinion I guess, but I don't think he was THAT "proficient in combat"
I'm with you on that point, Douglas. He's not such a good fighter that I'm like "OMG wow, alex obviously had military training!" I mean shit, at least in the other games I could take out a dog when it was charging at me, when those Ferals start bookin' it, I can't get a shot in :wink:

He runs slow as fuck too, and can't even quick turn
Droo

Post by Droo »

Could someone direct me to a link for this duplicate thread? I don't want to lock this without a redirecting link.

For the record, I agree with AuraTwilight. Silent Hill makes real what you BELIEVE in. Alex believed he was a soldier, so in the Otherworld he became one.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

In the next Silent Hill game I want to play as a schizo who thinks that he/she is a pirate, or a helicopter.
The Hawk's Eye
Just Passing Through

Post by The Hawk's Eye »

Terminus wrote:In the next Silent Hill game I want to play as a schizo who thinks that he/she is a pirate, or a helicopter.
I would six (6) copies.

Anyway, none of what Alex does in Homecoming is really that amazing; he operates basic fire arms, he can swing a a blunt or bladed instrument with enough force to knock something down and he can duck and perform somersaults.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/3026/ultimatemofohawkeyeanimatedur5.gif[/img][/url]
Shepherd
Just Passing Through

Post by Shepherd »

It's crazy what you can learn from Combat flyers :P

Anyway he's not so awesome...He never dodges in the right direction :lol:
In my restless dreams...I see that town...
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Terminus wrote:In the next Silent Hill game I want to play as a schizo who thinks that he/she is a pirate, or a helicopter.
Wait, a guy who thinks he's a helicopter?

AWESOOOOOME.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

This isn't that hard. Alex was obviously interested in being a soldier hence he probably studied combat training or was even given lessons from his father Adam.

To tell you the truth, I did not think that Alex was that bad ass. His moves were pretty basic. A little imagination can go a long ways.
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
Droo

Post by Droo »

I don't knowabout you, but I can't handspring into a standing stance after being knocked down, or do rolling dodges on the fly. Neither can any of my average joe friends. Alex does display abilities that a normal guy would not possess.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
The Hawk's Eye
Just Passing Through

Post by The Hawk's Eye »

Droo wrote:I don't knowabout you, but I can't handspring into a standing stance after being knocked down, or do rolling dodges on the fly. Neither can any of my average joe friends. Alex does display abilities that a normal guy would not possess.
But I doubt this is stuff you would learn exclusively through military training. Alex does seem to possess skills above what a normal would be capable of, but if he really believed he was in the military while he was committed, then he probably did exercises and whatnot to keep in shape.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/3026/ultimatemofohawkeyeanimatedur5.gif[/img][/url]
Caim

Post by Caim »

But didn`t Alex have himself convinced that he was injured and wasn`t able to walk during his time at the hospital? I don't think he would be able to exercise much in a straight jacket or something anyways.

Then again, maybe he just pretended he was in a wheelchair and that's why he can't run worth crap.
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

Perhaps he trained as a child in order to please his father in some way...