Death scenes

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

aj4x94
Historical Society Historian

Death scenes

Post by aj4x94 »

When I first heard about the game in an EGM magazine, the developers said that you would be able to die in more "interesting" ways. Can anyone who has the game tell me if this is true?
Suika Ibuki
Just Passing Through

Post by Suika Ibuki »

There is graphic gore.

For example:
If you don't resist when you get the Robbie doll in the beginning level, Alex's arm is ripped out and he dies on the floor with a bloody arm stump.

So yeah, expect faces of death vids like RE4.
[img]http://www.ms.pestermom.com/zomg/sig.jpg[/img]
Laser is not difficult.
syntheticlung
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by syntheticlung »

Nooo. why did Double helix resort to such low tactics, Silent Hill is better than that.
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

Yeah. It's really ridiculous that there are actual death scenes! I for one loved the fact that you just fell on the ground in the other games! Totally realistic, and there was no need for an update! [/sarcasm] :roll:

Seriously, you're just getting fucking ridiculous. Basically everyone has told you told you to hold off on your baseless bitching, now why don't you actually do it?
I once was lost, but am now profound.
Hannah
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hannah »

Get off your high horse, dear. He's allowed to express his opinion on this matter. There's no rule in the forums that says you can't bitch.

I don't approve of the Resident Evil-ization this game has gone through... but the 'zomg FOUNTAINS OF BLOOD' death scenes don't bother me. At least not at the moment.

At least he doesn't get his head chainsawed off, right? :)
¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? ¡Lárgate, cabrón!

Y'know what I don't hate?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Gore? IN MY SILENT HILL? Hell naw, I don't want to see gruesome deaths, I just wanna see teh corpseses lolololol.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

I have no problem with gore. I have a problem with the developers going out of their way to introduce t3h wacky blood fountain deaths.
Bishop Sasarai

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

Blood fountain deaths are awesome. From fatalities in MK to regular deaths in Vandal Hearts, I've loved the gore. I say bring it on.

Just falling on the ground, that's lame. At least have a blood spurt. Or more. Something like the blood that used to be in every DBZ episode until they foolishly decided to take all of it out post-Frieza.
"In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer
--
Proud member of the Asiatic hordes. SEANZ.
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

Yeah, I really like the "fatalities" and the crazy ways you can let Alex die. There's defiantly a Re4 influence.
SethSunderland
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SethSunderland »

Hey, you still die by falling over with Smogs and such.

But honestly, did you want alex to stick his arm in the hole, not resist, and then just fall over and die with his arm intact? No I didn't think so.
[img]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5484/sethsunderlandnewdigjr5.jpg[/img]
Meeks
Just Passing Through

Post by Meeks »

I like the new upgraded death scenes, a game like SH needed death scenes more than RE in my opinion. The monsters in SH just seem to be like more violent, so Im into the new gore and crap for the scenes.
swedish
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by swedish »

I side with syntheticlung on violence. Gore shouldn't be something strange to the franchise, but I just get the impression that DH is forcing us to watch so much gruesome stuff.

I have no quips about going over the top with gore, but it seems out of place. I don't like being reminded of Saw or other generic American horror flicks when I'm playing Silent Hill.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/6124/maiwaifuit1.jpg[/img][/url]
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Well it's not anymore gory than sh2 when PH kept spearing Maria.. Well it might be considering that they cut away everytime it happened. Of course the Japanese alway's have had a thing against violence in their video games.

Now I dont see a problem with the voilence.. actually it does kind of fit. In this game, from what I've heard you're fighting actual people, I haven't played it yet, but that's something that I heard.

So it stands to reason that there will be slightly more gore and blood than in previous entires. Simply because you're fighting living breathing things, as well as a few things that aren't living and breathing.

Now sh3 was quite gory for an sh game in my opinion.. I mean things were spewing blood in that game. And you could actually crank up how much blood they shed when you killed the creatures in that game.

So I do not see a problem with there being blood and gore in this game.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
syntheticlung
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by syntheticlung »

swedish wrote:I side with syntheticlung on violence. Gore shouldn't be something strange to the franchise, but I just get the impression that DH is forcing us to watch so much gruesome stuff.

I have no quips about going over the top with gore, but it seems out of place. I don't like being reminded of Saw or other generic American horror flicks when I'm playing Silent Hill.
Jesus Christ!... Do my eyes deceive me? :D
I think I need to go have a lie down.
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

"I side with syntheticlung on violence. Gore shouldn't be something strange to the franchise, but I just get the impression that DH is forcing us to watch so much gruesome stuff.

I have no quips about going over the top with gore, but it seems out of place."

My sentiments exactly
l33tspaniard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by l33tspaniard »

I think the lack of violence in the other games was out of place. For me, the prospect of possibly dying a gruesome death makes SH all the more frightening

Besides, at least Alex doesn't die like Henry...
aj4x94

Post by aj4x94 »

I actually don't have a big problem with being able to die gruesome deaths. I thought it was kind of strange that James just falls over and screams when I got hit with PH's Great Knife. As long as it doesn't say Fatality on the screen when it happens.
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark
Heart of Shadows
Just Passing Through

Post by Heart of Shadows »

You guys know there is like one death scene in silent hill 2 right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrcPBGignzI

I got the same death scene a little while ago and thats how I learned about it.
aj4x94

Post by aj4x94 »

Aw man! I'm JUST past that part too!
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark
Heart of Shadows
Just Passing Through

Post by Heart of Shadows »

Its funny he died the same way I did.