Room 302 in Silent Hill 1?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

Great, I didn't know that, thank you. There are still people who says he's not, though. People can be very, very misleading.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Re: Room 302 in Silent Hill 1?

Post by Mis Krist. »

Rule of Rose wrote:
Xigz wrote:In the hospital there is a room with a save point and TV. When you save, you can see this is Room 302! As you know this is the same room number of Henry's apt. in Silent Hill 4. Inspiration? I just thought it was kind of a neat little detail that was worth posting.
I'm sure this thread is nearly dead by now, but the fact that SH was made in 1999 and SH4 was made in 2004 surely puts a strain on your theory that Team Silent were trying to hint us that SH4 was comming around and that this room was their inspiration.

Also, the fact that SH4 wasn't originally going to be part of the SH series also proves your point wrong that rm 302 was a hint that SH4 is comming.
SH4 was always going to be a part of the series - that's just a stupid rumor that people keep circulating to further stake their claim that SH4 is teh suck and doesn't belong as part of the series. Which is also stupid.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I thought I read somewhere official that The Room was going to be a totally separate game that they made into Silent Hill 4. Doesn't matter much to me as I kind of liked Silent Hill 4. I think the concept of a separate game that played like The Room would have been pretty awesome though. :)
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

I may or may not have pointed this out at some point in this thread, but the reason why this stood out to be was because the room contains an important plot point for the game.
[b]I'm constant now, and useful too.
I know my eyes cannot see through.[/b]
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

The room itself contains no important plot points. The version recreated by "nowhere" has a fairly important plot point as it reveals a bit about the relationship between Lisa and Alessa, but other than that, nothing drastic or terribly enlightening.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

PeachySakura24 wrote:I thought I read somewhere official that The Room was going to be a totally separate game that they made into Silent Hill 4. Doesn't matter much to me as I kind of liked Silent Hill 4. I think the concept of a separate game that played like The Room would have been pretty awesome though. :)
That's a negatory.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

Krist. wrote:
PeachySakura24 wrote:I thought I read somewhere official that The Room was going to be a totally separate game that they made into Silent Hill 4. Doesn't matter much to me as I kind of liked Silent Hill 4. I think the concept of a separate game that played like The Room would have been pretty awesome though. :)
That's a negatory.
Thanks Krist, I've been looking for that link everywhere.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Indeed, thank you muchly, Krist. :) I only really believed the rumor because of the lack of a UFO ending. :mrgreen:
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The developers included the items necessary to achieve a UFO ending, they just didn't include the triggers to actually see it.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

^I know. :) I saw the stuff posted here that was pulled from the discs. That made me sad, because I really do like those goofy endings. The only other thing I didn't like was the limited inventory system. You get used to not having to drop things off from the other games, so that was annoying. But other than that, I think SH4 was a nice change of pace, and I thought it was unique. It gave me the willies more than any other Silent Hill game when you were in first person mode in the apartment.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

I always believed it when people said SH4 was originally supposed to be another game because you can just FEEL the difference in atmosphere. It felt like they just took a bunch of SH references and threw them randomly into a totally different game.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>It felt like they just took a bunch of SH references and threw them randomly into a totally different game.

Well, every "randomly" threwed SH reference was intended in this case.
headkickrodeo
Just Passing Through

Post by headkickrodeo »

Well, they do mention the water prison and wish house and all in SH3, in this article in the hospital written by Joseph Schrieber....they started on this game right after SH2, which explains the Walter reference in near the apartment building.

Yes, it does feel totally different...more of a ghost story than usual. But in a lot of ways it reminded me of SH2 cause of how personal it was....as far as Walter goes, anyways. And, it was REALLY depressing towards the end. Yeah, I first played it expecting to hate it, but it really surprised me.
JRamirez35 wrote:I always believed it when people said SH4 was originally supposed to be another game because you can just FEEL the difference in atmosphere. It felt like they just took a bunch of SH references and threw them randomly into a totally different game.