New HD Screenshots!

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

luispaulo53
Just Passing Through

New HD Screenshots!

Post by luispaulo53 »

Goodnight
Historical Society Historian

Post by Goodnight »

I think these have been posted before here, but they're great shots.
greenrizz
Just Passing Through

Post by greenrizz »

Nice :D graphics look awesome..cant wait to see the final product.
Thats what she said...
Amazonagent
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Amazonagent »

Goodnight wrote:I think these have been posted before here, but they're great shots.
They are better pics of the images that are in EGM without any of the copy on it so they are sorta new ;)
larcont
Just Passing Through

Post by larcont »

it looks great, i wanna play it right now i cant wait to play it.
Silent Hill fan from Colombia.

[img]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc250/larcont/CopiadelarcontFIX.jpg[/img]
Droo

Post by Droo »

The nurse looks a little like she's made out of plastic. It's that dreaded "shine effect" that plagues alot of the next-gen games.

I hope they fix that before it comes out. The one thing that ruined Condemned for me was how Ethan and all the other characters looked like they were covered in a thin layer of shellac.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

I don't know what to make of these monsters--I like the one in the picture of Alex holding the axe, and the one in the attic near that dressing mannequin, but at some of the others I'm just a little confused. The white thing with the curtain head, for instance. It looks cool but--wha? The nurse doesn't look as shiny or weird in the second shot of her in the bathroom, but still.. hoping she's got a point behind her besides being just a random sexy nurse.

I also LOVE that the telly in the back of one picture has static on it. Don't ask why, really, it's just such a little detail that makes me smile.

I think Alex looks too weird in that outfit, though. It's like he's a turtle in a too-big shell.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
BarbwireEmbrace
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by BarbwireEmbrace »

The monsters certainly look interesting.

The one with the penis like thing for a head, does it actually have nipples?!
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

I'm so not seeing a penis head, or nipples. D:
Great Knife
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Great Knife »

looks cool. The monster with the split banana peel looking head looks interesting.
Sad suffering. I knew him when, fair weather friend of mine. Try not to think, I merely blink. Hope to wish away the lies.... I....
swedish
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by swedish »

After looking at those screenshots, I sincerely hope that build is pre-Alpha. Dear Lord, kill it with AA. D:

And yeah, I hope they add a lot more detail to the models and textures. The game is one year away from release, so looks like they've got quite a bit of work to do in the visuals department.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/6124/maiwaifuit1.jpg[/img][/url]
luispaulo53
Just Passing Through

Post by luispaulo53 »

Anti-aliasing, HDR and depth of field and the game will look awesome! Well, and a bit of work on the game engine itself too :D

So far, so good.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Krist. wrote:I'm so not seeing a penis head, or nipples. D:
I almost just inhaled my Twizzler.

Alex's jacket just looks too big for him. Oh well, he looks better than RE5's Chris Redfield. His biceps are larger than his head.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Saourealis
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Saourealis »

Oh MAN.
Is it just me, or is that a poorly-rendered Robbie the Rabbit that the 'ickle boy is drawing in screenshot #1?
[quote="JuriDawn"]See, that's what Silent Hill's been missing: scantily clad bitches. Silent Hill 5 will feature an all-female cast of hyper-sexualized lifeguards and camp counselors stranded at Toluca lake. One of the puzzles will require that the player swap the characters' bathing suits, and you will be able to pursue a lesbian love story side-plot on Next Fear.[/quote]
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Sure looks like it.

It also looks like the nurse behind him is having a wardrobe malfunction. NIP SLIP!
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

They are completely ruining the Nurses. They ruined them in the movie and now it's carrying over to the games. Why the BIG BOOBS!? Don't get me wrong...not complaining but it's totally ruining the nurses effect. And rather then being frightening, I'm friggin checking them out. And the high heels too? I'm really not understand this sexy nurse concept, not at all. :evil:
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Houtakiboy
Just Passing Through

Can't wait for this, but....

Post by Houtakiboy »

....the pics have an unfinished quality to them. Really, if there is more spit and polish to the game before it is released, why would Konami risk damaging the new game's credibility by showing screenshots of it looking less than at its best?

After SH4TheRoom and Concemded, Im not ready for another melee-weapon intensive game. I want guns, guns and more guns.

Banana Head (which I think is what everyone will call that new foe) looks completely untextured and the sexy nurses have an unfinished look to them.

Hope that Konami cleans all this up before the release, otherwise Gamespot will eat it for dinner.

Please....lose the boobs and high heels on the nurses.
He who is not bold enough to be stared at from across the abyss,
is not bold enough to stare into it himself.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

HOW can you find the nurses totally sexy when you see their faces?

Look, I'm pretty sure it's MEANT to be one of those things that makes you feel sick and weird for finding it at all nice to look at.

SH2 nurses had a nice rack, didn't see anyone complaining there....
swedish
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by swedish »

LanceS133 wrote:They are completely ruining the Nurses. They ruined them in the movie and now it's carrying over to the games. Why the BIG BOOBS!? Don't get me wrong...not complaining but it's totally ruining the nurses effect. And rather then being frightening, I'm friggin checking them out. And the high heels too? I'm really not understand this sexy nurse concept, not at all. :evil:
That's the intended effect. The Nurses are supposed to appear sexy and lustful, but their warped faces are there to disturb players for finding a grotesque looking human so attractive.

Why are people complaining about the nurses looking sexy?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/6124/maiwaifuit1.jpg[/img][/url]
Aeonblade
Just Passing Through

Post by Aeonblade »

The bigger the tits, the better, though I thought these nurses didn't look bloodstained enough.