Painting in the Prison

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Lost
Just Passing Through

Painting in the Prison

Post by Lost »

I noticed that there's a painting in the prison cafeteria. It's near the wall by the save point. Anyone know what it is? I couldn't make it out too well.
whiter4bbit
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by whiter4bbit »

Do you mean this one?

[img]http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/7426/room312sig5qn.jpg[/img]

[size=75][b]Along with you died joy.
All that remains is despair and a future of meaningless tomorrows.[/b][/size]
AnneMarie
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AnneMarie »

It's within itself, within itself, within itself...

Heh, that's actually my theory of existence :D
Oh, another blocked door... Oh, another blocked door... Oh, another blocked door... Oh, another blocked door................ Locked. F*** it.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

It's the prison's cafeteria.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
LSnow06
Just Passing Through

Post by LSnow06 »

You should see the paintings in the first prison cell. As you enter the prison go to the first door on your right, it's not locked and its safe. I'ved played this from easy to hard and had no problems looking at the pictures.
Lost
Just Passing Through

Post by Lost »

whiter4bbit wrote:Do you mean this one?

Yep, that's the one.
HammeringInMyHead

Post by HammeringInMyHead »

That's scary, I'm wondering the meaning of that painting, if it has any.
AnneMarie

Post by AnneMarie »

It's James not being able to see past (or through). He's trapped within his own dillusions. And because he's in the prison, there's no escape...
Oh, another blocked door... Oh, another blocked door... Oh, another blocked door... Oh, another blocked door................ Locked. F*** it.
Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Post by Silent Fantasy »

wow.thats deep.iv never gave the painting any thought. then again,iv never given anything in any of the games thought. :oops:
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
Squarehead
Gravedigger

Post by Squarehead »

AnneMarie wrote:It's within itself, within itself, within itself...

Heh, that's actually my theory of existence :D
Hey, thanks, didn't notice that the painting was inside the painting. Trapped in a neverending maze? A clue that James's suffering will never end? That is, if it really is the same painting. Are you sure?
I can't believe i earned 10 Silent Hill cash for this.
whiter4bbit
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by whiter4bbit »

You can also notice a person (James?) at the bottom-right corner of the picture, staring at the whole room and picture itself; seems like James looking into an infinite overview, exactly like an abyss.

> You should see the paintings in the first prison cell.

dr bones
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by dr bones »

whiter4bbit wrote:You can also notice a person (James?) at the bottom-right corner of the picture, staring at the whole room and picture itself; seems like James looking into an infinite overview, exactly like an abyss.

> You should see the paintings in the first prison cell.

okay..... now's as good a time as any to bring this up.....

it's my understanding that "burning man" is supposed to represent the Hotel burning down. But what is the "concert" looking one supposed to represent? and PLEASE, for the love of god what is that ridiculous "woman in flight" one supposed to mean?

i've been a silent hill fan since 1999, and i've religiously lurked around these forums almost daily (although i don't post much), but those two paintings coupled with the whole "Miriam K. -- Traitor" thing have eluded me for years. can anyone help give me some insight?
"Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame."
"The lies and the mist are not they but I. You all know that I am One. Yes, and the One is I."
Lacerate
Just Passing Through

Post by Lacerate »

whiter4bbit wrote:You can also notice a person (James?) at the bottom-right corner of the picture, staring at the whole room and picture itself; seems like James looking into an infinite overview, exactly like an abyss.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Actually...I think it looks like the guy Eddie killed there? I mean, he's in the same spot, position..everything...? If I'm right, then it's even weirder.
Not sure if I needed to spoiler that or not.
AnneMarie

Post by AnneMarie »

> seems like James looking into an infinite overview, exactly like an abyss.

Heh, that's how I was going to describe it, in my last post - great minds think alike, eh? 8)

> That is, if it really is the same painting. Are you sure?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure.

And thanks, I didn't notice the guy in the bottom right corner; I was too busy looking into the abyss :wink:
Holy_Assassin
Just Passing Through

Post by Holy_Assassin »

From what I see, I'm positive that the guy on the bottom-right corner of the first picture is the same as the corpse in the real world. Creepy.... But who is that anyway? :shock:
whiter4bbit
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by whiter4bbit »

Lacerate wrote:
Actually...I think it looks like the guy Eddie killed there? I mean, he's in the same spot, position..everything...? If I'm right, then it's even weirder.
Not sure if I needed to spoiler that or not.
You can se blood on the table - that makes me think the corpse is already there where it should be. The figure just looks like James standing on that side of the room, at present time (after Eddie "killed" (?) the guy and exit the room).

Lost
Just Passing Through

Post by Lost »

Wow, this is deep. But I also think it's the corpse on the table, not only because of the blood, but because he's wearing the saame blue jacket as the corpse.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

maybe it like an alternate silent hill?
Lacerate
Just Passing Through

Post by Lacerate »

whiter4bbit wrote:
You can see blood on the table - that makes me think the corpse is already there where it should be. The figure just looks like James standing on that side of the room, at present time (after Eddie "killed" (?) the guy and exit the room).
I understand where you're coming from, but I doubt it's James. It looks slumped over, which is what's making me assume it's the body...
Although, the more I look at it, the more I think it is him. It looks like it's wearing what James is wearing.....Possibly yet another meaning coinciding with the one with the TV in the first set of apartments? :D
AnneMarie

Post by AnneMarie »

> Possibly yet another meaning coinciding with the one with the TV in the first set of apartments?

No, that has more to do with the cutscene in the hotel room :)

I don't think that corpse is James.