Giant Air Screamers

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

SteveSilent
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SteveSilent »

Alright, so I believe I found the supposed "giant" air screamers.
Here's the one I came across at the drawbridge.
Regular air screamer.
"Giant" air screamer.

I began attacking the "Giant" and it did indeed call for back up as I was then swarmed by another 4, smaller air screamers. I managed to kill them all so that I could size Harry up with them. What I found is what I've said before; the "giant" air screamer doesn't really appear to be much larger than the other ones, there is a slight wingspan difference, but whatever... I'll admit though, it is a cool little detail.
Last edited by SteveSilent on 30 Jul 2006, edited 4 times in total.
Yana
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Yana »

Yeah, they do look the same... :?
[url=http://iampaddy.com/spell/]Learn To Fucking Spell[/url]
F

Post by F »

St. Thomas wrote:I'm pretty sure all of this is answered in the topic-at-hand... but: they're only seen in the [otherside].
Pay attention to this quote above. They're not the ones depicted on the screenshots also above, and they're called Night Flutters, which are, as S.T. said, only seen in the otherside.
SteveSilent
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SteveSilent »

Son_of_Kauffman wrote:In Hard mode I noticed that in the bridge area between Old and Central Silent Hill there are some air screamers that double the normal size of the others.Anyone noticed it too?
St. Thomas wrote:Yep. There are also larger-than-normal versions of them in the [otherside].
F wrote:
St. Thomas wrote:I'm pretty sure all of this is answered in the topic-at-hand... but: they're only seen in the [otherside].
Pay attention to this quote above. They're not the ones depicted on the screenshots also above, and they're called Night Flutters, which are, as S.T. said, only seen in the otherside.
I am lost.

Nevermind.
Last edited by SteveSilent on 02 Aug 2006, edited 1 time in total.
Shorttail
Just Passing Through

Post by Shorttail »

Lost, but not gone.

Night Flutter: Air Screamer with black body, stronger wings, and worm covered head only seen in Otherside.
Giant Air Screamer: Air Screamer with slightly larger body that calls for help from other Air Screamers.

The best thing in life is yet to come
F

Post by F »

Um, nope. no giant Air Screamer; the "giant" here, as Tom and I am referring to are the Night Flutters and the Night Flutters only--or else Tom wouldn't have mentioned their exclusivity on the otherside.

And take it from me, I've played this thing over sixty times.
jason_the_one
Just Passing Through

Post by jason_the_one »

WHAT!? holy crap i've never noticed this before at ALL! IM GNA CHECK IT OUT!!
they look like monsters to you?
CryingInTheCorner
Just Passing Through

Post by CryingInTheCorner »

OK, I'm not really sure what a Night-Flutter is, and I am sort of a dictionary for SH monsters. :mrgreen: I have seen the Giant Air Screamers, and they are effing hard :P . And in response to Jimmy Stone(nice name!) it makes sense that they look like pterodactyls, since Alessa made them after reading "Lost World."
"When you see the almighty Pyramid Head... run like your nuts are on fire."
The Visionist
Just Passing Through

Post by The Visionist »

Since hard mode Midwich is kicking my ass, I'm sure the Giant Ass Suckers wil be just fine :roll: ....
Those giraffes you sold me, they won't mate. They just walk around, eating, and not mating. You sold me... queer giraffes. I want my money back. -Proximo, Gladiator
malee
Just Passing Through

Post by malee »

Son_of_Kauffman wrote:They also call other air screamers to attack you.
i've never noticed this,but i know rompers do the same thing too...they call night flutters to attack you.and they are the most powerful monsters in the game
Tears of...
Just Passing Through

Post by Tears of... »

Pteradactile..... :shock: i think that's the name of the dinosaur version of the air screamers. :D ........am I the only one that turns off the flashlight :shock: and runs like hell until I reach the saftey of the light house?? :lol:
"Happy people can be sooo cruel, is it too hard to believe that happiness can be born from pain and suffering??"

"It's not ME....this whole town, its been invaded by the other world.......by a world of someone's nightmarish delusions come to life."

"Some people fear death,.....others pray for it."
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Tears of... wrote:Pteradactile..... :shock: i think that's the name of the dinosaur version of the air screamers. :D ........am I the only one that turns off the flashlight :shock: and runs like hell until I reach the saftey of the light house?? :lol:
Yeah, i hate when the air screamers by the bridge in the central district part of SH.....you know right before you enter the hosiptal....all of those monkey men pounce you and the air screamers attack from the air.......they're soo scary :shock:
Spudrush
Just Passing Through

Post by Spudrush »

i dont think ive seen any of this. are you sure its true? cos i stop and fight every enemy i see and ive never seen one of those, flutters or screamers.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy.
SonOfSpardaDude
Just Passing Through

Post by SonOfSpardaDude »

Okay...Here's the grand list of creatures that are in Silent Hill:

Grey Children
Air Screamers
Giant Air Screamers
Dog Monsters
Monkey Men
Baby Ghosts
Child Ghosts
Nurses
Doctors
Teddy Bears
Parasites
Cockroaches
Bloodsuckers
Maggots
Lizard Boss
Larvae Boss
Moth Boss
Cybil Bennett
Alessa Gillespie
Samael

The "upgraded" versions of the monsters aren't listed because nearly every monster has one, so it's pointless.
[b][color=Red]The world was a sandbox for Man, made by God. But thou destruction of the world was not of God's, but of Man's desire to ever expand beyond over. And thus we cower within our guilt.[/color][/b]
Watchdog
Historical Society Historian

Post by Watchdog »

...And nearly all of the names are wrong. Prepare to be cursed out for listing "Samael" as one of them.
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Post by Son_of_Kauffman »

What´s up with the teddy bears thing? Are you refering to the mini school monster that was suppressed in the final game?
Spetsnaz of the Interior Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia
Spetsnaz sil Vnutrenniye Voiska Ministerstva Vnutrennikh Del

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
Dark-Dx
Just Passing Through

Post by Dark-Dx »

I didn't know about those. I want to see them tough. Some screens please? :(
Jim beam was yo dADDY
Just Passing Through

Post by Jim beam was yo dADDY »

I have never seen the giant skinless pteredons, or giant pelican loopking things either. The teddy bear is the thing that attacks kaufman, they are basically the babioes with butcher knifes polygon models re-skinned to be wickeder. There was only them and no babies in the school in european versions, but in most us versions they make the kaufman cameo and toward the end of the sewers the second time. They are brownish red with three huge claws that attack the same, they more or less have no head, just a neck with a weird moth on it.
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Post by Son_of_Kauffman »

Ah, the bigclaws. I thought you talked about the original Zombie kids that got scrapped in the final version.
Spetsnaz of the Interior Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia
Spetsnaz sil Vnutrenniye Voiska Ministerstva Vnutrennikh Del

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
crucifix
Historical Society Historian

Post by crucifix »

i think someone just got their pixel sense of proportion screwed up, because i've never seen a giant-sized "air screamer"/nightflutter either. speaking of nightflutters, those things are the most annoying fucking monsters of the entire silent hill series.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.