Rumor Hidden Ending?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Tears of...
Just Passing Through

Rumor Hidden Ending?

Post by Tears of... »

I heard that there used to be a hidden sub senerio in SH1 with Cybil Bennet being an alternate player (similar to what "Born from a wish" is in SH2).

Does anyone have any clues/theories as to why it was scrapped off almost entirely before the release of the original?? If I remember correctly, there were items such as glucose, distilled water, and an engine, boat wheel that could be examined but Harry says "I'll come back later", or "don't need it right now".

I've also seen people with PC editions of SH1 find unfished rooms in the school house (they unlock the cheat that lets you walk through walls and then they found unfinished rooms way off the school map)

Any ideas what could've been revealed in the supposed scrapped senerio? I wonder a lot :shock:
"Happy people can be sooo cruel, is it too hard to believe that happiness can be born from pain and suffering??"

"It's not ME....this whole town, its been invaded by the other world.......by a world of someone's nightmarish delusions come to life."

"Some people fear death,.....others pray for it."
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

I think it's just a rumor. Not true, never happened, yadda yadda - about as true as the "Ambulance/Save Lisa" ending.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Tears of...
Just Passing Through

Post by Tears of... »

Krist. wrote:I think it's just a rumor. Not true, never happened, yadda yadda - about as true as the "Ambulance/Save Lisa" ending.
I know the ambulance ending is fake, but I believe there was an intension to make cybil a payable chaacter, evidence ( lost rooms of midwich) kida led me to believe it, maybe if the remake the game they'll include it??
"Happy people can be sooo cruel, is it too hard to believe that happiness can be born from pain and suffering??"

"It's not ME....this whole town, its been invaded by the other world.......by a world of someone's nightmarish delusions come to life."

Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Y'know, I never heard of any lost rooms of Midwich.

You need the glucose for something at Midwich, don't you? You have to open that hand that's holding the medallion. It's been a little while since I last played this game.
Tears of...
Just Passing Through

Post by Tears of... »

Krist. wrote:Y'know, I never heard of any lost rooms of Midwich.

You need the glucose for something at Midwich, don't you? You have to open that hand that's holding the medallion. It's been a little while since I last played this game.
If I recall, you find some sort of acid to dissolve that hand madalion....I'll find the pictures and post them here if that's ok?? the lost rooms are quite interesting to check out

Rob Matter
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Rob Matter »

Last edited by Rob Matter on 23 Jul 2007, edited 1 time in total.
Tears of...
Just Passing Through

Post by Tears of... »

Rob Matter wrote:<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fupaVqshjm8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fupaVqshjm8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
what's this???? :shock:

Rob Matter
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Rob Matter »

I edited the post; I didn't realize HTML was disabled.
Tears of...
Just Passing Through

Post by Tears of... »

Not bad :D Sometime this week i'll post the pictures of harry mason in these empty rooms...they're soo creepy :mrgreen: .... :shock:

Knick Knack
Gravedigger

Post by Knick Knack »

Seeing as how a two-person thing was relatively popular with survival horror games - or so I'm assuming, seeing as how all the early Resident Evil games gave you the option to play as a man or a woman - I wouldn't be surprised if Cybil was originally meant to be a playable character.
I do agree that the distilled water and the glucose possibly were there for a reason in the original stages of the game, only because I find it very strange that Harry goes out of his way to comment on both of them, as if they were items he - or someone else, say a certain female cop? - was supposed to put to use later.
The Visionist
Just Passing Through

Post by The Visionist »

From PSM 43, March 99, with SH 70% complete, Toyama confirmed that SH is "Not a multiplayer title".

Any concept for a playable Cybil will have been scrapped early 99.
Those giraffes you sold me, they won't mate. They just walk around, eating, and not mating. You sold me... queer giraffes. I want my money back. -Proximo, Gladiator
Scanman22
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Scanman22 »

Yes. It has been stated that Cybil was going to be a playable character and Silent Hill 1 was going to be 2 disks just like Resident Evil 2 was. But, the idea was scrapped and Harry's mission was extended a bit.
- Member of the Order -
~ The Sect of Valtiel ~
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

>It has been stated that Cybil was going to be a playable character and Silent Hill 1 was going to be 2 disks just like Resident Evil 2 was.

Do you happen to have a link to your source?
Tears of...
Just Passing Through

Post by Tears of... »

that's awesome, too bad it didn't pull through though :(

Knick Knack
Gravedigger

Post by Knick Knack »

I wonder...since SH1 was originally meant to be a two-protagonist game, do you think the story for Cybil in the Silent Hill Play Novel is her original story, or at least similar to it? (I'm not sure if the same team did the SHPN, so I don't know if they would have had this information at the time.)
Tears of...
Just Passing Through

Post by Tears of... »

I think so....and it's only been released in Japan too...(all in japanese of course :D )...i need that translator

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I've heard about this many times, here's my interpretation of what I've heard about it:

SIXTH ENDING

This one remains rather shrouded. I've heard that if you meet these certain criteria you will receive a different secret ending other than the UFO.
1. Use only handweapons and no guns through the entire game :x .
2. Have under 13 or so saves, and probably no continues :x .
3. Beat it under a certain time, 2:30 I think :roll: .
4. Use only health drinks and no first-aid kits :shock: .

THE AMBULANCE AND THE BOAT

This is a truly far-fetched rumor :lol: , it's hardly even worth posting. Some one has said that he got the glucose and distilled water from the school Chemistry storeroom. These are among the ingredients needed to make a bomb. He claims he blew open the barrier to the hospital and found oil, which he used in the engine in the car garage where the gasoline is. He took the engine (Harry must be stronger thank he lets on) and put it in an ambulance, and took the ambulance around the town. If nothing else this person is imaginative. But don't believe it; I know enough about 3-d game engines to know that that just wouldn't work. Also, some people got suspicious at the boat, because if you check the steering wheel Harry says something like "No need to worry about this now," but worry about it later, some thought? Again, the 3d engine thing - it's a 3rd person game where you move a person around, not a car or a boat racing game. Well, it's funny in its absurdity at least.

I'm sure that there was a scenario meant for cybil benett to play (like the two players in Resident Evil 1 and 2)/ Konomi probably wanted to differentiate SH from other horror genres at the time :D Unfortunately, if there was one, it's gone for good :cry: but Tears of... you ought to get those pictures and post'em.....i want to see those lost rooms of midwich!!
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

I have honest to god never heard of any scrapped sub-scenario add-on in SH1 about Cybil. Are you sure you and Tears of... are not mistaking that for the scrapped Play Novel?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I'm sure..... :mrgreen:
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Okay. What's your source?