Dahlia's 'vision' of God.

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Dahlia's 'vision' of God.

Post by Conjurer »

I used to think Dahlia was the only person to believe that the Order's God looked like Baphomet but after finding this memo in Silent Hill 3's Church Library, I began to think that perhaps she wasn't the only one...

There is no religion that has
remained unchanged from the
moment it was founded.
This one is no exception.

When this religion fell into the
hands of immigrants, it was deeply
influenced by their own original
Christian beliefs.

For example, the traditional
representatives of these primal
gods may be given the names and
descriptions of Christian angels.
Thus shared characteristics begin
to appear.

(There is also one rare example
of the chief deity, "Creator of
Paradise" or "Lord of Serpents
and Reeds", being dubbed with
a demon's name. Of course, this
was not done by believers, but
by their opponents.)

You notice the image of Baphomet in the book? The book mentions how religions change, so it could be possible the cult used to believe their God looked like Baphomet. Also, there are specific murals in the SH: 3 Church Basement that display hard-to-tell images of Baphomet but there's a possibility of these images simply being Claudia's/Alessa's memory or mental projection. So, what are your guys' thoughts?
Last edited by Conjurer on 28 Jul 2007, edited 3 times in total.
Nurse Babz
My Bestsellers Clerk
Location: Is Florida considered the Dirty South or East Coast?

Post by Nurse Babz »

Well a lot of people have certain views because of others' infulences so Dahlia could have been influenced by an older memeber.

It's not a long response to your post-but it's direct and more complex than the last one.
There was a Dead RN here. It's alive now.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/6301/nbxmzw0.jpg[/img][/url]
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

^ Thanks for your response regardless though..
Last edited by Conjurer on 28 Jul 2007, edited 1 time in total.
Squarehead
Gravedigger

Post by Squarehead »

Let me get this straight. If that guy in Ghostbusters would've been the cult leader, God would have looked like the Marshmallow Man? And if Kevin Smith had led the cult, it would've looked like
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Alanis Morrissette?
And if Trey Parker and Matt Stone... my god...
I can't believe i earned 10 Silent Hill cash for this.
Andros
Just Passing Through

Post by Andros »

I wonder what Kaufmann's vision of God would have been...
Pain strikes like lightning.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

Osmund Saddler wrote:
Dead RN wrote:Well a lot of people have certain views because of others' infulences so Dahlia could have been influenced by an older memeber.

It's not a long response to your post-but it's direct and more complex than the last one.
Thanks any way though. I'm sorry my last response was a little blunt but I hate it when people act like wise-asses. I'm starting to think that the Baphomet image was the Native Indians of Silent Hill's view of the Ancient Spirit of the land. I guess Dahlia wanted to stick with the old school view before immigrants came and Christianized it.
Since Baphomet itself is an image brought from Europe, I find that unlikely.
Figurine
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Figurine »

I don't know why, but this topic reminds me very much of this one, and about the religious aspects in another topic, and it reminds me of a very detailed topic that looks very similar to this one.

EDIT: Ty for the thanks guys! :D
(didn't wanna double post so i put that here, lol)
Last edited by Figurine on 24 Aug 2006, edited 2 times in total.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Thanks for the links, Figurine. (hooray for the search button!) I somehow managed to miss some of those topics the first time around. I especially like that last one. Now I'm even less confused about the nature of the cult and the gods. 8)
Shalott
Just Passing Through

Post by Shalott »

Thanks for the links, and I thought I was finished with SH1, you never stop finding interesting stuff about Silent Hill, thats why I love it, please someday if I die in some car accident I wish to wake up at Silent Hill :mrgreen:
Suil a ruin...
hollywood-01

Post by hollywood-01 »

Conjurer wrote:
Dead RN wrote:Well a lot of people have certain views because of others' infulences so Dahlia could have been influenced by an older memeber.

Thanks any way though. I'm sorry my last response was a little blunt but I hate it when people act like wise-asses. I'm starting to think that the Baphomet image was the Native Indians of Silent Hill's view of the Ancient Spirit of the land. I guess Dahlia wanted to stick with the old school view before immigrants came and Christianized it.
Isn’t Dahlia being controlled by the incubus, he is the one who made silent hill the way it is.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

No he isn't, Alessa is. Incubus doesn't even exist until Dahlia summons him. No one's controlling anyone here except for Alessa and the monsters she creates.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Rob Matter
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Rob Matter »

In ancient Israel the rival god to Yahweh, Baal, was actually a young, warrior, thunder god—exactly like Yahweh himself. Today, however, we know Baal as “Ba‘al Zebûb” – a demon. Baal was demonized precisely because he was a rival god.

I believe that real life story parallels the genealogy of gods in the world of Silent Hill.
Tears of...
Just Passing Through

Post by Tears of... »

"God?!....Are you sure you don't mean devil?" Heather asked
"Whichever you like...." Vincent replied

I'm not sure Dahlia really believe in her god, maybe she used this as a decoy for her and Kaufmann to sell more drugs like white claudia?
"Happy people can be sooo cruel, is it too hard to believe that happiness can be born from pain and suffering??"

"It's not ME....this whole town, its been invaded by the other world.......by a world of someone's nightmarish delusions come to life."

"Some people fear death,.....others pray for it."
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Dahlia believed in God. That much isn't a ruse.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

>I wonder what Kaufmann's vision of God would have been...

Kaufman didn't strike me as a religious person....more like he was there to make a deal w/ dahlia.....whatever it was....
User1-1
Just Passing Through

Post by User1-1 »

Dahlia posiibly believed in god because she was high on white claudia, or she actually believed in it, its hard to see
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Dahlia believed in God because she was high priestess of a religious sect. White Claudia had nothing to do with it.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

Wow, I forgot that I ever created this thread.. Anyway, I thought it would be relevant to introduce an explanation I've heard about this "image" Dahlia believes in. The idol is not of Dahlia's belief of the Lord of Serpents and Reeds but of the Yellow God, Lobsel Vith. Whether or not this would just be Dahlia's "personal" view or the entire cult's view of Lobsel Vith, I'm not really sure. In addition to the White Claudia drug, you can find "white powder" on the Baphomet altar which most people would probably presume to be the drug. It's also noted that this drug was used in religious ceremonies for the Native Indians; it's possible the Order also uses this drug for religious ceremonies too or just specific people like Dahlia.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>The idol is not of Dahlia's belief of [God] but of the Yellow God, Lobsel Vith.
Said it long before this thread too.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

I know and you've said it in other threads too but I don't care because, like I said before, I felt like bringing it up in this thread since it's relevent about the altar of Baphomet.