Silent Hill 2: Director's Cut censored?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Glaciaruz
Just Passing Through

Silent Hill 2: Director's Cut censored?

Post by Glaciaruz »

hey everybody.
i have been searching for Silent Hill 2: Director's cut for ps2 for a very long time and finally i have found a seller. but he says that the manual and the text on the cover is in german and therefore i hesitate a little to buy it since i know that Germany Censores almost anything that's a little violent and since Silent Hill 2 is a very violent and disturbing game - with sexual undertones - then it would be very strange if they haven't censored the game.
but do you guys know anything about that? i don't wanna buy it if it is censored!

another thing is that i'm also wondering about the European version of Silent Hill 4, because of the twin monster sounds - they make growls in the game instead of the baby whines they did in the trailers. is that because of censorship?

best regards
Glaciaruz[/list]
Scarlet
Historical Society Historian

Post by Scarlet »

Although I cannot assure you, I don't think that Silent Hill was censored in Germany. That would be weird since there are European countries worse than Germany that released the game uncensored.
But, as I said, I cannot be 100% sure.
Squarehead
Gravedigger

Post by Squarehead »

"That would be weird since there are European countries worse than Germany that released the game uncensored. "
Worse European countries? Which ones are worse? I've always thought Germany was pretty bad in this regard. Sorry, a bit off the topic again.

Anyways, i think that the in game sounds and the ones in the videos of Silent Hill 4 generally don't match.
I can't believe i earned 10 Silent Hill cash for this.
Fullofhate87
Just Passing Through

Post by Fullofhate87 »

The twin victims didn't have the baby whines in any version. Although they should have... that woulda definitely upped the scare factor.
History is made by those who say "No."
themudgopher
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by themudgopher »

tell me more about this director's cut.
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/themudgopher/sig.jpg[/img]
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

There's nothing really more to tell. It's exactly the same as the Restless Dreams US version. Nothing in the DC is different from the SH2 games with the included Maria sub-scenario.

You could have found all this out online, or in a Quicklinks thread.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Arthemesic

Post by Arthemesic »

Fullofhate87 wrote:The twin victims didn't have the baby whines in any version. Although they should have... that woulda definitely upped the scare factor.
And where do you face Twin Victims in Silent Hill 2?
Victory Of The Soul, Triumph Over Ordeal
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

The original post addresses the issue of the Doublehead's noises being changed.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.