Ernest and Brookhaven

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Ernest and Brookhaven

Post by FatalFrame »

I just played through the game again and a thought occurred to me. What if Ernest Baldwin was not the director as has been theorized but maybe an inmate there? The memo on Joseph Barkin sounds an awful lot like what he went through. Also, the diary on the rooftop sounded to me in the same tone.
Any thoughts or opinions?
Are you ready to begin your trip to the Otherside
Death is an old friend of mine
Kuna_phi
Just Passing Through

Post by Kuna_phi »

I could be wrong but I think the diary on the rooftop is Mary`s........
oh no..I`m all alone with friends ;_;
Numboy
Gravedigger

Post by Numboy »

the dairy on the rooftop has already been discused... in some topic... if i remember is from one of the patient's

EDIT: Look for it in Here
[img]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6431/sigop2rt1.gif[/img]
Thanks to HammeringInMyHead for Re-Master this Sig... Awesome..
FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FatalFrame »

That's my point. Maybe it is Ernest's and he was a patient there and not the director.
Jetsetlemming
Gravedigger

Post by Jetsetlemming »

It's possible, he could have went insane from his daughter's death, but then all the research on the ressurrection ceremony is in the Baldwin mansion, and not in Brookhaven. I think it's clear that his permanent residence was the mansion, and not a padded cell up the street.
It’s being invaded by the Otherworld. By a world of someone’s
nightmarish delusions come to life.
-Harry Mason
FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FatalFrame »

That's true. I just have a hard time buying that he was the director, I guess.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Ernest knows James. Ernest experienced the Abyss. The Director's Office is where the note is. The note is about the Abyss, addressing James personally. Ernest is the former Director. Laurence Monneret is the current director.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Ferguson
Just Passing Through

Post by Ferguson »

Laurence Monneret? Never heard of him before; I would appreciate if someone here could tell me about him.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Discovered by my partner in Cryme, Laguu11, the nameplate on the director's desk reads LAURENCE MONNERET. There's a topic mentioning him somewhere--I recommend the Search Button.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FatalFrame »

Just because he knows James doesn't suggest to me that he was the director of Brookhaven, past or present.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

There's more to it than that, ya know. . . . Evidently not, you seem'd to've not read it.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FatalFrame »

If you're talking about what you wrote on the subject then yes, I did read it. Going from the game itself Ernest's name is not mentioned anywhere in connection with it.
Jetsetlemming
Gravedigger

Post by Jetsetlemming »

So is there any evidence he's the director, and not just a doctor, besides the map and key being found in the director's office? Like you said: The nameplate on the desk is entirely different than Ernest Baldwin.
-Harry Mason
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

And I'm not claiming he's the current director--evidently no one's paying attention to that, despite having stated it in this very thread.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Jetsetlemming
Gravedigger

Post by Jetsetlemming »

I know, I know. I was asking, what makes you think he specifically was a director of the hospital, past or present, rather than a doctor or psychiatrist there? Personally, I wouldn't imagine the director of the hospital directly interacting with a mental patient. I'm sceptical, but not saying you're wrong. Just asking what other evidence is there pointing to him being the past director, that's all.
-Harry Mason
FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FatalFrame »

a doctor or psychiatrist there
I agree with you that maybe he was a doctor or something. I just played it again last night and there was no mention of him anywhere as a director.
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

No you wont find that info directly like with most things you can just assume sticking to the game events. Wheter he was director or common doctor or even fooking nurse makes no diffrence. After his child died he shut himself at his house(maybe even commited suicide and Maria talks with his ghost) and quit that job for good leaving nothing more than couple of letter for James about the Abyss
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

There isn't any mention of him at all in "Letter From Silent Heaven." What's your point?

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Jetsetlemming
Gravedigger

Post by Jetsetlemming »

"After his child died he shut himself at his house(maybe even commited suicide and Maria talks with his ghost) "
He worked for years after his daughter died to try and track down info and relics involved in the resurrection ritual, and died before Maria finds her way into the Baldwin mansion. It's POSSIBLE he killed himself, but very unlikely, because up to that point he had the goal of resurrecting his daughter, and after his death he still believed in that goal. Maria indeed interacts with his ghost.
-Harry Mason