Room 302 in Silent Hill 1?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

dizzy
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by dizzy »

St. Thomas wrote:
That's like asking if Homer Simpson & Richard Nixon are related.
i dont think so, their names are spelled and pronounced differently
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Exactly why it's the same thing if you'd pay attention.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
adamgnome
Just Passing Through

Post by adamgnome »

I remember reading about room 302 on some website before. It's a homage to an episode of The Twilight zone, I can't remember what happens but room 302 is the morgue, and some little girl or something has dreams about it.
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

PeachySakura24 wrote:I think this guy is saying, if I'm understanding correctly, that it is cool that there is a room 302 used in more than one Silent Hill game with some sort of significance to the plot, the a save point or Henry's apartment, etc.
Sure. there a million room 302's in the world, however it seems to be a recurring theme in Silent Hill. If memory serves me, doesn't James watch the video in room 302? It's been awhile. I think that is what the original poster was trying to say, not so much that the rooms are the same.
That's exactly what I meant. Not only is there a save spot in there, and the video that you play in there have a lot of plot significant.
[b]I'm constant now, and useful too.
I know my eyes cannot see through.[/b]
PeachySakura24
Historical Society Historian

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Yay, I understood you correctly, lol. Maybe someday they will explain the 302 connection. Why they seem to like that number souch.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>the video that you play in there have a lot of plot significant.
Please pay close attention: There is no 302 in Lakeview Hotel. The room number that James & Mary stayed in is room 312--the same room he watches the tape. Room 302 has never had any plot-significance in the series, save for the Silent Hill 4: The Room, so associating it with anything is futile.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

St. Thomas wrote:>the video that you play in there have a lot of plot significant.
Please pay close attention: There is no 302 in Lakeview Hotel. The room number that James & Mary stayed in is room 312--the same room he watches the tape. Room 302 has never had any plot-significance in the series, save for the Silent Hill 4: The Room, so associating it with anything is futile.
You need to replay Silent Hill one. She wasn't talking about Lakeview Hotel, she was talking about Room 302 in the Hospital is Silent Hill 1. You play a video in there, that has a lot of significant to Lisa and Alessa.
[b]I'm constant now, and useful too.
I know my eyes cannot see through.[/b]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Which still doesn't change the fact that it has little significance to the outcome or plot of the story.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Dark Sky
Just Passing Through

Post by Dark Sky »

Xigz wrote:You need to replay Silent Hill one. She wasn't talking about Lakeview Hotel, she was talking about Room 302 in the Hospital is Silent Hill 1. You play a video in there, that has a lot of significant to Lisa and Alessa.
But it doesn't really, though? I literally just played that bit just now and the tape's just static with the odd word. It doesn't tell you anything.

...unless I'm really really stupid.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Are you kidding me? The video has little significance to the plot? It only reveals Lisa's connection to Alessa. Oy.
Dark Sky
Just Passing Through

Post by Dark Sky »

PeachySakura24 wrote:Are you kidding me? The video has little significance to the plot? It only reveals Lisa's connection to Alessa. Oy.
Seriously? What am I doing wrong?! Do you have to do something to the video tape to "clean" it up or something? Because when I played it it was literally completely static with the odd word like "...all over....[bzz crackle]...over there...[bzz crackle]...elvis is alive..." etc. No mention of Alessa or Lisa or anything like that and you can't tell who's speaking and obviously there's no pictures...

In fact there's a lot less in the game than I remember there being about Alessa. I haven't played it for five or six years (when in actuality I watched my friend play it whilst I hid behind a cushion) so I've decided to replay it MYSELF and PROPERLY going over everything as carefully as possible, and I am really surprised at how little there is... (so far...just left the hospital).
Nurse Babz
My Bestsellers Clerk
Location: Is Florida considered the Dirty South or East Coast?

Post by Nurse Babz »

You find the tape in the hospital and watch it in Nowhere.
Last edited by Nurse Babz on 30 Sep 2006, edited 1 time in total.
There was a Dead RN here. It's alive now.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/6301/nbxmzw0.jpg[/img][/url]
Dark Sky
Just Passing Through

Post by Dark Sky »

Heh...yeah! Just completed it today. I'd forgotten that in Nowhere you get another opportunity to view the tape.

Silly ol' me.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Lol, it's ok. If memory serves me, you don't have to watch the tape the 2nd time, but don't quote me on that. But it's one of those things that make you go hmmmm. :D
Synthetic
Gravedigger

Post by Synthetic »

Lifetolifeless wrote:Plus: in passing, every apartment is the same. Mine's just like Henry's. It's tough to avoid.
You have a giant hole in your Bathroom?
[img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m154/Melvold/SyntheticSig.jpg[/img]
"You shouldn't wound what you can't kill"
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

If you have a giant hole in your bathroom, I am so coming to your house. It would fit in with the theme of my friend and I driving down a dark road the other night getting hit by random fog and the radio getting staticy. I told her if I saw a figure step out in the road, I was running it down, lol. But if I can top that with a hole in a bathroom, I'll grab some weapons and some other forum dwellars and we are off to your hose for a trip to Silent Hill!
Synthetic
Gravedigger

Post by Synthetic »

^ Invite me too, I know first aid.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

First aid is an important skill. It saves us time pickin up health drinks, which they always bother me anyway. Who in their right mind would pick up a random drink in a town riddled with monsters and actually drink it?
Synthetic
Gravedigger

Post by Synthetic »

^Good point, I also am also good at combat and have weapons, I'm in!
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Excellent! We have first aid, we have weapons(I also have a sword and some pointy shovels)...how about some people with martial arts training for melee combat? I have a limited knowledge of martial arts. What else will we need?