Obsidian Goblet

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Obsidian Goblet

Post by Xigz »

What is the use of the Obsidian Goblet? Does it tie into the cult? I know what it does, cult wise, but what does it do, for you.
[b]I'm constant now, and useful too.
I know my eyes cannot see through.[/b]
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

It does nothing for me.

It's used in ceremonies, most notably the Rebirth and the Ritual of Holy Assumption.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Icarus
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Icarus »

Krist. wrote:It does nothing for me.

It's used in ceremonies, most notably the Rebirth and the Ritual of Holy Assumption.

The first one means like bringing back the dead... But what about the second one?
I felt [i][b]infinite[/b][/i].
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

In order, they're for ressurecting the dead and performing the 21 Sacraments.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

I don't think it's for the 21 Sacraments.. Walter used the goblet
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
when he propped himself up in Henry's backroom of the apartment. So that leads me to believe that the goblet was needed for the ritual that would allow Walter to make his Kingdom
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
theshaman
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by theshaman »

Krist. wrote:I don't think it's for the 21 Sacraments.. Walter used the goblet
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
when he propped himself up in Henry's backroom of the apartment. So that leads me to believe that the goblet was needed for the ritual that would allow Walter to make his Kingdom

yea that would make alot of sense.. It gave him the power to create the other world.. I like that idea actually... so its powerful obviously
there are things known and unknown, in between is silent hill
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Or Walter used it to resurrect himself, as part of the Crimson Ceremony.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
theshaman
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by theshaman »

If he did use it to resserect himself.. It was not in human form.. he could only roam the otherworld that he created.. Both theories are quite similar..
there are things known and unknown, in between is silent hill
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

He resurrected his other self--the one that committed suicide in prison--so that he may be whole again. Otherwise he wouldn't have been able to perform the Ritual of the Holy Liberation.

Though it doesn't matter what you believe, because The Order's Bible explicitly states one must "Gather forth the White Oil, the Black Cup and the Blood of the Ten Sinners."
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The Holy Assumpion is merely part of the 21 Sacraments though, isn't it?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
angry_man
Just Passing Through

Re: Obsidian Goblet

Post by angry_man »

Xigz wrote:What is the use of the Obsidian Goblet? Does it tie into the cult? I know what it does, cult wise, but what does it do, for you.
Ermph, first sorry for ressurecting an old topic, but.. I saw somewhere that you have to get the Obsidian Goblet White Charisma, or something... and something else (sorry I forgot) to do the rebirth ending, sounds like a load of shit but yeah.
[color=red]This user is no longer angry. I mean active. Sorry, ah...[/color]
fafner87
Gravedigger

Post by fafner87 »

There's plenty of other posts about this.

In order to get the rebirth ending, you need the White Chrism, the Obsidian Goblet, and the Book of the Crimson Ceremony (which you can find in the reading room of the hotel after you watch the tape).
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/fafner87/SilentHillsigbyAric.jpg[/img]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

And the Book of Lost Memory.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
angry_man
Just Passing Through

Post by angry_man »

St. Thomas wrote:And the Book of Lost Memory.
I thought there was only a crimson book... not 4 items. Ohwell, I guess thats why I never got the rebirth ending.
[color=red]This user is no longer angry. I mean active. Sorry, ah...[/color]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

That would probably explain it...

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Arielis
Just Passing Through

Post by Arielis »

Obsidian was used by the Aztecs/Mayans, in their ceremonies, rituals, and even their daily lives. It's very important tool to them. (One noteable practice they used it for is blood letting)
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

So you can't do anything with the goblet and whit chrism in the game correct? They only allow you to get the rebirth ending?
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

Yes. W/ the Crimson Ceremony & Lost Memories books.
[url=http://www.gaikokujin-talent.com/profile/voice/monica_horgan/monica_horgan_cm01.mp3]Silent Hill Insurance[/url]
Monobrow
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Monobrow »

I have thought it was he may have "committed suicide" and split himself maybe like Alessa may have split herself with Cheryl...except in Walter's case, there's no newborn baby, and the split specifics are a gray area. After the split, and after the authorities thought that Walter was dead, his other self dug his body up, hair and nails grown longer after death etc...dragged the corpse to the apartment storeroom, tied the body to that whatever the hell it was, performed the ritual (which uses the items) and resurrected himself to only finish the job and kill himself as a whole, in order to gain the powers to create his otherworld, and to supernatually kill the rest of his victims with much more ease...

I also think that maybe Walter may have experienced some sort of Silent Hill 2-ish guilt trip while in the jail, after killing the two children...which would explain him talking about the red devil and being tormented etc... and could also explain why James sees Walter's grave in SH2...maybe this implies that Walter went through his own little abyss and failed....just like Angela and Eddie...

This is all just conceptual though...I haven't had much time to think too much about SH4 as much as I would wish.
No one wins...It's a war of man.
Automatic13
Just Passing Through

Post by Automatic13 »

^ I like the idea of that