Incubator/Incubus? [Spoilers for SH1, SH3 and SH4]

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Incubator/Incubus? [Spoilers for SH1, SH3 and SH4]

Post by Conjurer »

Probably the one of the most confusing concepts in SH1, the transfiguration of Incubator to Incubus. So I will attempt to create a theory that places some sense around this ordeal. Please correct me if I'm wrong with facts that would overlap this idea...

I believe Alessa is partially responsible for the seed placement. why do I think this? Because in all the other games, the person-summoning-the-god's vision of god is projected.

Claudia=Alessa

Walter=Room 302

I also think the the Incubator/Incubus transfiguration is based on the idea of Metatron and Samael as once being the same being. I'm not sure if this is relevant to the thread but maybe it is. Perhaps Dahlia and Alessa's images of god was placed into one fetus. I just think it's odd how in every other game, the one who places the seed/image in seed has their image of god incarnated, while in SH1, that doesn't immediately happen, so, how I interpret it, Alessa is partially responsible for placing the fetus herself.
[url=http://www.gaikokujin-talent.com/profile/voice/monica_horgan/monica_horgan_cm01.mp3]Silent Hill Insurance[/url]
B5160-R
Historical Society Historian

Post by B5160-R »

I don't think the game raises any doubt that Alessa was against the whole ordeal.

Alessa had - as most people - an idea of God, the God tapped into that vision/thought/idea and manifested itself accordingly.
[ Un-Space Exploration - UE photo blog ]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Alessa is partially responsible for placing the fetus herself.
This directly contradicts the game. The Immolation Ritual is what impregnates Alessa with the god-fetus--as per the belief of The Sect of the Holy Woman. Upon performing the ceremony, Alessa "splits," creating Cheryl on the side of the road for the Mason's to find. She clearly has no desire for god to be born--otherwise Cheryl would never have been made.

Secondly: Alessa knew of the Incubus' appearance. (Of course, I believe that the yellow god, Lobsel Vith, looks like Incubus, but the Incubus from Silent Hill 1 is not Lobsel Vith.) Heather tells us that she used to pray at an altar, and that she'd seen the Halo of the Sun before at this altar: she's talking about Dahlia's, behind Green Lion's Antiques. On that altar is in the image of Incubus.

So. Alessa has been lead to believe that God is a Holy Woman in White--as depicted in the ending & in the Chapel's stain'd-glass window--and she prayed to an image of the Incubus--whom I believe was actually them praying to Lobsel Vith, the yellow god.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

i think the manifestation of it might be based on the person responsible, but i don't think alessa was at all responsible.
ImageImage
Camhacks & stuff: SH1 | SH2 | SH3 | SH4 | SHSM | FaceBook | YouTube
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

I know what I said about Alessa being partially responsible for placing a god seed inside herself is kind of stupid but it just doesn't make sense to me.

Every other game, the one placing the seed [or in Claudia case, the seed activater], their vision of god is always materialized.
B5160-R wrote:I don't think the game raises any doubt that Alessa was against the whole ordeal.

Alessa had - as most people - an idea of God, the God tapped into that vision/thought/idea and manifested itself accordingly.
So your saying that maybe Alessa had an influence over the image projection of god? Well....it would make sense...

The god projected still has some characteristics of the god Dahlia wanted to summon, it still tried to cause nothing but destruction and shot laughting attacks, the differences are Alessa's image of god is incarnated, the attacks are a tad weaker and the lightining is yellow/white, more pure looking [I guess?].
[url=http://www.gaikokujin-talent.com/profile/voice/monica_horgan/monica_horgan_cm01.mp3]Silent Hill Insurance[/url]
Squarehead
Gravedigger

Post by Squarehead »

This is Silent Hill 1 forum. If you are going to spoil any other game than SH1 (SH3 for example) then please warn us that you are going to do so beforehand.
I can't believe i earned 10 Silent Hill cash for this.
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

Squarehead wrote:This is Silent Hill 1 forum. If you are going to spoil any other game than SH1 (SH3 for example) then please warn us that you are going to do so beforehand.
I did.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

You did tag it, yes, but in the future if you plan to talk about more than one game, could you please say which game you're going to spoil? Just to make it easier for those who haven't played the game--that way it's their own fault if they read a topic that has SH1 and SH3 spoilers.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

I fail to see how SH4 falls into this, In SH4 was the 21 Sacraments the 3rd attempt at birthing the god?
[b]I'm constant now, and useful too.
I know my eyes cannot see through.[/b]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

That the audience is aware of, yes.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

Then why did Walter want to do that? His goal was the find his mom, not birth The God, or did he think The God was his mother?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

No, his goal was to birth God. When he was a child he was led to believe that he'd be birthing his Mother, but as he grew older, he realized he'd be duped into believe that--that he would birth God. So he used it against The Order, and ultimately destroyed it.

This is discussed in numerous topics in the SH4 section. Please look for it there.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

Ok, thanks.
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

Could it be logical to say God takes the form of what the Holy Women perceives it to be?

Alessa = Incubator

Heather = Some Valtiel-blob looking thing

Claudia = Alessa
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Heather wasn't birthing the God, though. She was aborting it, hence a weak, helpless fetus that can't care for itself.

Though I guess you could say that her perception of the Order's God was that of a fraud. A weak, helpless, spineless bug that extorts others for it's own survival. And infection that should be purged.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]