Giant Air Screamers

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

The Necronoir
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The Necronoir »

There are many theories. That's one of them, and you can see such a creature drawn somewhere in the game (can't recall exactly where). Another possible influence is the bird in the hospital, and I think AC Doyle's Lost World is also mentioned somewhere (probably in Lost Memories).
Live the nightmare conceived by Adam Crowley:
[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9746/nightmarecreaturesiconwx0.png[/img]
Alessas-blood-brother
Just Passing Through

Post by Alessas-blood-brother »

Thats cool...I like the thought of the characters love for stories affects whats around them...but your theories are good too...
When your scared and hurt,for so long,your FEAR and PAIN turns to HATE,and your HATE BEGINS TO CHANGE THE WORLD.
-Alesse Gallespie
D90
Hope House Careworker

Post by D90 »

Yes its one of Alessas 'memories' or more accurately 'imaginings' about the Lost World.
As the Split-Lizard is imagined from that Fairy Tale

EDIT: Btw dude, I'm pretty sure that quote you've got in your sig is said by that little she-devil-child thingy, which isnt Alessa
Alessas-blood-brother
Just Passing Through

where you talking to me when you said"EDIT: Btw dude, I'm pretty sure that quote you've got in your sig is said by that little she-devil-child thingy, which isnt Alessa"
Because I like to think its memory of Alessa(you fight her in silenthill 3 on the carosel)in childform...
When your scared and hurt,for so long,your FEAR and PAIN turns to HATE,and your HATE BEGINS TO CHANGE THE WORLD.
-Alesse Gallespie
D90
Hope House Careworker

Post by D90 »

Oh is that what its from?
I know what Memory Of Alessa is, I wouldnt call it little-girl-she-devil-thing.

I thought it was from the girl in the film, where she's by the hospital bed, explaining stuff to Rose? I wouldn't want to call her the Dark One, because some could argue that -when Christabella says that- she is referring to Alessa, the 'witch', rather than this entity which they probably dont know exists.
Alessas-blood-brother
Just Passing Through

???ok you win,if your being hatefull I can take a hint....................................
-Alesse Gallespie
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>There are many theories.
That's not really a theory: It's a fact that the Air Screamers were derived from Alessa's favorite novel, The Lost World.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Ricochet
Just Passing Through

Post by Ricochet »

Back on topic!

Can someone take a screenshot of these so-called Giant Air Screamers? I've played the game on all difficulties and never seem them.
Like one who, on a lonely road,
Doth walk in fear and dread,
And, having once turned round, walks on,
And turns no more his head;
Because he knows a frightful fiend
Doth close behind him tread.
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Post by Son_of_Kauffman »

Well, you are blind beacuse they are huge.
Spetsnaz of the Interior Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia
Spetsnaz sil Vnutrenniye Voiska Ministerstva Vnutrennikh Del

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
Silamai
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Silamai »

I was too busy running away to notice huge bird things. I kinda want a screenshot too.
[url=http://www.last.fm/user/Silamai/?chartstyle=Forums2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/Forums2/oartists/Silamai.gif[/img][/url]
Doorstop_Idol
Just Passing Through

Post by Doorstop_Idol »

Well a screenshot would be awesome, just to see them. But at the very least its an incentive to play this game once again just to see...so that's something!
[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d55/doorstop_idol/doorstopidolsigxs6.png[/img]
*Thanks so much to XxMAGGOTxX for this awesome sig!*

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
-Gandhi
Mr.Death
Just Passing Through

Post by Mr.Death »

Yes,and I kill them all.I go hunting for those things in general.
The death cannot die....
Heather_Mason
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Heather_Mason »

Yeah, I remember them all too well...I also remember how much they annoyed me, flying by out of nowhere and hitting you, and you nto being able to hit them, because they fly off too quickly.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/fass007/h_sig.jpg[/img]
SteveSilent
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SteveSilent »

This all sounds like a hoax to me.. I played both regular hard and next fear hard modes, visited Eastern Old Silent Hill, the bridge and Western Central, and I didn't come across anything larger than the average air screamer on either mode.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Well, you've missed them.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SteveSilent
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SteveSilent »

Honestly though.. Is this a joke?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

No, it's not a joke. I wouldn't have posted that I've seen them if it were.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SteveSilent
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SteveSilent »

Do they only appear in dark Silent Hill, or in misty too?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I'm pretty sure all of this is answered in the topic-at-hand... but: they're only seen in the [otherside].

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SteveSilent
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SteveSilent »

Well I've done a lot of searching to try and take a screenshot and it was to no avail.. A screenshot would be much appreciated.