The Missing Statue

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

The Necronoir
Cafe5to2 Waitress

The Missing Statue

Post by The Necronoir »

Just been playing through SH2 again over the past couple of days and I noticed something interesting at Rosewater Park. Along the foreshore section, just before you meet Maria for the first time, there's a pedastal set up on the embankment which is empty. After you meet Maria, further along, there is an identical pedastal with a statue of two strange figures without heads and with crossed arms or swords between them. It seems to me that this could be a subtle hint on the creator's part to suggest that Maria is a creation rather than a real person (as we later find out). As if the statue, or idol if you will, had come to life and stands now just a little further down the path, leaving the empty pedastal behind.

NB: Before the fundamentalists jump on this, bear in mind that I'm talking metaphorically and allegorically here. Not for an instant am I suggesting that Maria was literally a statue, or that specific statue before she was 'animated' or created. Although if raw material were needed for such a creation there are worse candidates.
Roub
Just Passing Through

Post by Roub »

Heh, I see were you're comming from. Good theory. Well thought out. :)
PH walks into a bar and asks the bartender,
"Have you seen my brother?"
The bartender asks,
"I don't know. What does he look like?"
There were no survivors.

[url=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5565174829411131440]My Silent Hill Video (Music may not be liked, you have been warned)[/url]
Tom133t
Just Passing Through

Post by Tom133t »

Makes sense to me.
*Gives you a cookie*
You deserve it.
[img]http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/6193/sh133t0ma.png[/img]
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Neat. It could also just be part of the background scenery.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
PaintxThisxRed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by PaintxThisxRed »

Tom133t wrote:Makes sense to me.
*Gives you a cookie*
You deserve it.
I agree. Good observation!
I'd take a fresh cookie right about now. yep.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/dumke/Cardia%20Stuff/Shark-Banner.gif[/img]NEW SONG UP!
The Necronoir
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The Necronoir »

Well, that went down much more smoothly than I expected! *enjoys cookie*

I'm also beginning to notice a link between Pyramid Head's appearances and suicidal thoughts on James' part. Think about it:

- Apartment appearance - just after James encounters Angela and tries to persuade her against suicide.
- Hospital rooftop appearance - immediately after James reads the diary of a patient who expresses suicidal thoughts.

That's as far as I am this play-through, but I'll certainly keep an eye on it to see if this link plays out all the way through. Without having a conclusive link at the moment, though, I'm tempted to suggest that Pyramid Head could appear at these moments in order to prevent James from taking the 'easy' way out of his torment. In other words James is forced to abandon and likely forget any thoughts of suicide when this external threat appears and trips him into survival mode.

EDIT: My God! With that post my SH Cash just landed on 666. :shock: Maybe I hit on something the powers of darkness don't want revealed. :twisted:
BriSamael
Just Passing Through

Post by BriSamael »

Yeah it makes sense that while James thinks PH is trying to kill him, he is there simply to show James how to live. Good theory, me likes :D
"Is everything that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?"
whiter4bbit
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by whiter4bbit »

I didn't notice the statue appearing... This game will never stop surprising me...
[img]http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/7426/room312sig5qn.jpg[/img]

[size=75][b]Along with you died joy.
All that remains is despair and a future of meaningless tomorrows.[/b][/size]
Bloody Mary
Just Passing Through

Post by Bloody Mary »

The Necronoir wrote:Well, that went down much more smoothly than I expected! *enjoys cookie*

I'm also beginning to notice a link between Pyramid Head's appearances and suicidal thoughts on James' part. Think about it:

- Apartment appearance - just after James encounters Angela and tries to persuade her against suicide.
- Hospital rooftop appearance - immediately after James reads the diary of a patient who expresses suicidal thoughts.

That's as far as I am this play-through, but I'll certainly keep an eye on it to see if this link plays out all the way through. Without having a conclusive link at the moment, though, I'm tempted to suggest that Pyramid Head could appear at these moments in order to prevent James from taking the 'easy' way out of his torment. In other words James is forced to abandon and likely forget any thoughts of suicide when this external threat appears and trips him into survival mode.

EDIT: My God! With that post my SH Cash just landed on 666. :shock: Maybe I hit on something the powers of darkness don't want revealed. :twisted:
P-head also makes his first appearance around the time James encounters the dead body thats laying in the reclining chair.
theshaman
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by theshaman »

the headless statues good be also in connection with pyramid head, as we never actually seen under is pyramid, also you said the statues have swords behijnd them.... I'll have to play the game again to observe these statues.. Ilike your therie though.. well thought bout :)
there are things known and unknown, in between is silent hill