Giant Air Screamers

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Giant Air Screamers

Post by Son_of_Kauffman »

In Hard mode I noticed that in the bridge area between Old and Central Silent Hill there are some air screamers that double the normal size of the others.Anyone noticed it too?
Spetsnaz of the Interior Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia
Spetsnaz sil Vnutrenniye Voiska Ministerstva Vnutrennikh Del

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Yep. There are also larger-than-normal versions of them in the [otherside].
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Loveless_Dogg
Historical Society Historian

Post by Loveless_Dogg »

Hmmm..I've never noticed this. :o :!: ....I have to play this game again sometime..
Value your failures more than your successes. Successes only last until someone screws them up. Failures are forever. She left...and...I'm lost.
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

They also call other air screamers to attack you.

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
ControlFreak
Subway Guard

Post by ControlFreak »

I can't say I've ever noticed before. :shock:
Moosefrenzy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Moosefrenzy »

I never played it on the hard mode, since I play a game once and it sorta loses the effect afterwards. But the air screamers were on of the toughest monsters to evade in the series. Being that there are larger ones, are they faster as well?
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Moosefrenzy wrote:I never played it on the hard mode, since I play a game once and it sorta loses the effect afterwards. But the air screamers were on of the toughest monsters to evade in the series. Being that there are larger ones, are they faster as well?
Yes, and they are lot harder to get down ´cause they travel with other little ones and send them to attack you.

Jeklinhyd
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Jeklinhyd »

I totaly forgot about that. It's been six years since I've played the game. All I can remember about the game was the whole backround story about the cult. I hardly remember anything about the gamplay.
"Never accept advice from a man wearing white pants," Michael J. Nelson
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

I´ve just noticed that if you hit one in the head they go down and fly in a clumsy way.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I kinda get the chills if you se one walking, they look like a type of dino :!:
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

I mean not walking, but hovering at ground level.

Fan from Silent Hill
Just Passing Through

Post by Fan from Silent Hill »

Yeah I remember, they're freakin' tough...
I specially remember those who get near you and then call for help!

Those can take up to 10 shots with the shotgun just to bring 'em down...
D90
Hope House Careworker

Post by D90 »

Just to clarify, we arent talking about Nightflutters here?
These are actual giant Air Screamers?
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Yes, and there are also giant night-flutters.

outlaw
Just Passing Through

Post by outlaw »

them things tottaly got me when i was goin through hard
heaven or hell ? lets rock!
The Necronoir
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The Necronoir »

The dogs also get a similar upgrade at the same point, and both of the larger versions have a mass of worms instead of their usual head.
Live the nightmare conceived by Adam Crowley:
[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9746/nightmarecreaturesiconwx0.png[/img]
D90
Hope House Careworker

Post by D90 »

No, thats a Wormhead, which is a different enemy.
The Air Screamers 'upgraded' form is the Nightflutter. That would be nothing to make a thread about.

Giant Air Screamers, eh? I'm gonna go look for em...If I cant find them, I'm coming back to flame and/or crack some heads.
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

They appear in East Old Silent Hill, the bridges and West Central Silent Hill.

D90
Hope House Careworker

Post by D90 »

[Reloads shotgun]

Its killin' time. :x

Aha, ahhhaha, ahh...man it felt lame even typing that.
Alessas-blood-brother
Just Passing Through

Post by Alessas-blood-brother »

I read somewhere that the airscreamers are derived form Alessas favorite storybook...I thought that was pretty interesting...
When your scared and hurt,for so long,your FEAR and PAIN turns to HATE,and your HATE BEGINS TO CHANGE THE WORLD.
-Alesse Gallespie