Richard in building world. [Most likely spoilers]

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Killer Raven

Richard in building world. [Most likely spoilers]

Post by Killer Raven »

I've always found it wierd as to why richard was set to die in a word that was nothing more than the places walter committed the first 10 hearts killings. Everyone else henry sees die is were they are for a reason:

Cynthia- Went to sleep in subway

Jasper- Most likely traveled to SH woods but also had a fasination with the cult.

Andrew- was a watchguard at the water prision

Eileen- was in the appartment building/got taken to hospital.

So why is it that Richard was in the building world? I've got some ideas of my own but i'd like to hear some of your ideas before sharing mine.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I discuss some of that here.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Killer Raven

Post by Killer Raven »

That talks about the building world, but not why we find Richard there.

I guess i'll just state part of my theory. AS anyone thats played would know, Richard was particularly mean to little walter. He seemed to pose the biggest threat for him to see her. He would always chase little walter away. Maybe Walter wanted richard to relive the horror of his past murders in a way.

I have more to input to the idea, but I don't know how to word it at the moment.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

You might have to read past the first page...
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Killer Raven

Post by Killer Raven »

I'm rather lazy you see, so i just skimmed the first page, i'll go back and read now.
The Necronoir
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The Necronoir »

I think you're confusing two points here- why people are in certain worlds, and where they die.

Cynthia - In Subway World / Dies in Subway
Jasper - In Forest World / Dies (?)
Andrew - In Prison World / Dies (?)
Richard - In Building World / Dies in Apartment

I don't think where these people appear necessarily has anything to do with themselves. Cynthia has no real connection to the subway as far as we know except that she happens to be there. Andrew on the other hand definitely has something to do with the Prison World but I doubt that's where he was or where he died. The way he was talking it was as if he hadn't been there in years (which is likely true). The fact that it is a dream world means that they don't necessarily have to be there, or have ever been there. Henry is proof of that. They are significant to Walter.
Live the nightmare conceived by Adam Crowley:
[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9746/nightmarecreaturesiconwx0.png[/img]
Killer Raven

Post by Killer Raven »

I never said richard died in the building world becuase that would be impossible, we all know a place like that could never exsist, i'm asking as to why his "dream" takes place there.
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Actually that place does exist. Walter didn't fabricate it out of nothing - it includes shops and homes of some of his victims - the pet shop, for instance, as well as the sports shop. Plus, it leads into the bar that Henry sees a billboard ad for outside his window. Clearly, it exists.

As for why, well, I don't think there's anything deeper behind it besides Team Silent needing us to progress further in the worlds. Richard falls out of the sky, remember - it's more than possible and likely that, after crawling through the hole in his apartment (which he does make mention of) he merely is deposited where Henry is. Being the Receiver of Wisdom, Henry would have to witness Richard's death.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Thats true. Also the building world placard is chaos, and richard seems quite chaotic and unstable, the guy "skinned" mike alive. And he ends up in his own apartment.
Killer Raven

Post by Killer Raven »

Krist. wrote:Actually that place does exist. Walter didn't fabricate it out of nothing - it includes shops and homes of some of his victims - the pet shop, for instance, as well as the sports shop. Plus, it leads into the bar that Henry sees a billboard ad for outside his window. Clearly, it exists.
I meant a place like that couldn't exsist in the real world, Therefore richard couldn't be found in the building world dead. read mine and The Necronoir's posts again.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>richard seems quite chaotic and unstable, the guy "skinned" mike alive.
No he didn't.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Killer Raven wrote:
Krist. wrote:Actually that place does exist. Walter didn't fabricate it out of nothing - it includes shops and homes of some of his victims - the pet shop, for instance, as well as the sports shop. Plus, it leads into the bar that Henry sees a billboard ad for outside his window. Clearly, it exists.
I meant a place like that couldn't exsist in the real world, Therefore richard couldn't be found in the building world dead. read mine and The Necronoir's posts again.
I don't have to do any such thing, actually, as it doesn't shed any further light on anything besides the speculations of two users. What would reading it again accomplish? since the rest of my post, the one you neglected to quote, deals with your question.

I believe it's stated that Richard is found in his apartment - much like when Henry dies in Game Overs: he's laying supine in bed. Richard, having crawled into a hole like Henry, was "dreaming" of the encounter in the building worlds.
Killer Raven

Post by Killer Raven »

I never said he wasn't found in his appartment, I get that he dies there.

Everyone else was were they were for a reason.

Cynthia- For on reason or another, she went to sleep in the subway, you see her stretching before she goes down the stairs.

Jasper- He had a fasination with the cult and was studying the stone. It's unknown whether he drove to the stone in the real world or not.

Andrew- Was a guard at the water prision, tourtured kids.

Richard- ????

Eileen- Was in appartment (Fell asleep?) And then was taken to the hospital.

Were they are in the dream world when they die has nothing to do with were they are found, unless they went to sleep in the place thier dream was. I've never questioned this.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Maybe you should read Krist.'s post again...

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Killer Raven

Post by Killer Raven »

I've read her post many times now, I get eveything she is saying....

I think it's somthing more than Richard simply being there. Evertone else was there for a reason, and Henry is trasported to were The victims are. Richard was in the building world for a reason, just as everyone else was "There" for a reason.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Well, praytell, what's this reason? Feel free to share it to us as you've shot down every other idea :P
Killer Raven

Post by Killer Raven »

I never meant to shoot down every other idea...

I've given the reason for all the others, and i think i may have an idea for richard. Considering The theme of his sacrifice is "Chaos" It seems to suit the building world rather well. A place of pure chaos, random hallways and buildings connected in an impossible fashion. It also fits richard well, as he was rather unstable. Now, what really is the building word? I see it more as Walter recolecting all his past mureders, and how it's all winded down to these last few murders, Thus the perfect place to host the murder before his "Favorite one".. Victim 20121.

Again, sorry if it seemed like I shot down every other idea..
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

It's chaotic because it's a dream--that was their intent. If you'd read my topic, I mention that numerous times.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Ahh, okay. That makes sense, too, actually. Interesting idea.

Oh, and I wasn't seriously implying you were shooting down ideas. Hence, the teasing smiley. Sorry that I didn't convey the joke well enough :\
Killer Raven

Post by Killer Raven »

I'm to used to the other forums I went too. Couldn't tell what anyone meant. :?