Lisa's purpose in Silent Hill 1

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

F

Lisa's purpose in Silent Hill 1

Post by F »

Many people have theorized about this intriguing character from the first game in the Silent Hill series. Most people say she's a ghost and/or Alessa's creation. But that's not really the case.

She was, much like everyone in the town, thrown in the otherworld created by Alessa. However, there's no telling whether the real Silent Hill existed while Harrold experienced the foggy, deserted town and the nightmarish otherside.

In my opinion, Dahlia didn't have any control over either of the two "versions" of the town, although she could keep herself alive. It just happens that the foggy Silent Hill was part of Alessa's nightmare as the dark, bloody and rusty Silent Hill; as we know from Lost Memories, creatures such as the groaners (the dogs) were representative of Alessa's fear of dogs--my point being: the otherside is just merely a deeper foray into Alessa's nightmare.

Thus, the reasons for the existence of whoever existed during Harry's journey: Dahlia used her own powers to protect herself; Kaufmann was supposed to be punished; Cybil a mother figure (this is pure conjecture, but given the events that occurred in the game later on, you can consider that possibility, given that she was also an aid to Harry, which was deifinitely a father figure to Alessa, where she had mixed feelings about him: she wanted his help, yet at the same time she didn't want him to fulfill Dahlia's plans).

So, what about Lisa? As my good friend Burning Man suggested, she had quite a heavy burden to carry with or within herself on Silent Hill: she was the carrier of the Seal Of Metatron, the Virun VII Crest.

Evidences pointing to that are firstly, the absence of the seal's image on the hospital, and her definitive demise in the wake of the Flauros' weakening of Alessa's powers and secondly, if I may ask you a question, why exactly on SH3 Heather is reminded of her with the video when she checks out the sole existing image of the Seal in the entire game? I'll elaborate more on it later, but questions and opinions are welcome.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Astounding.
Glazarus
Historical Society Historian

Post by Glazarus »

The seal you investigate in Sh3 isn't the virun VII crest...

And for the two reality layers. The reason that beasts from Alessas world invade the Dahlia world is because she gets stronger because of Cheryl. Finally, Dahlias layer gets overlapped by the darkness, inwhich Dahlia herself gets dragged in. The only way to conquer Alessa is to use the flauros, which puts Alessas world into a fragmented memory, the "nowhere".
So, the beasts in Dahlias world is acctually the invading otherworld, due to Cheryl.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>The seal you investigate in Sh3 isn't the virun VII crest...
Yeah she does. F said it: why exactly on SH3 Heather is reminded of her with the video when she checks out the sole existing image of the Seal in the entire game?

When Heather examines the Virun VII Crest, as seen at the end of the mini-Labyrinth at Brookhaven Hospital, before walking through a door leading to the [otherside], a memory of Lisa Garland is triggered, and she comments how that particular Seal doesn't make her head hurt.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

oh, yeah, sorry... will the jury please take out the text about the crest frrom my last post. The rest is still not counterprooved... :mrgreen:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Very interesting.I believed that too,but I didn't put it into words like you did,F. I agree with all of it.
Biomechanical
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Biomechanical »

I thought she was just the nurse that took care of Alessa. Or does that make too much sense in itself?
[b][color=red]User is no longer active[/color][/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/biomechanical923/pulp.jpg[/img]
douche
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I thought she was just the nurse that took care of Alessa.
She was the nurse, before she was entrusted with the Virun VII Crest. Then she became what the audience sees in the game.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Biomechanical
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Biomechanical »

the Adversary wrote:Then she became what the audience sees in the game.
I'm an audience. I see her as a nurse still. Who entrusted her with the Virun VII crest? How and why? What happened to the other 6 Virun crests?
douche
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Who entrusted her with the Virun VII crest?
Read F's post. Who's responsible for spreading that seal all over town?

>What happened to the other 6 Virun crests?
There aren't seven crests: that's the name of it.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Biomechanical
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Biomechanical »

But I thought Lisa was helping Alessa, why would she keep the seal that would help the birth of the God from her?

Also, I wanted to add. I don't think Dahlia had any "powers" to protect her from the otherworld. I think that Alessa's nightmare couldn't harm Dahlia because part of the nightmare was CAUSED by Dahlia. There is a part of Alessa that is scared of her mother's cruelty, and this fear gave Dahlia a power to be untouchable by Alessa's creations.
douche
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>why would she keep the seal that would help the birth of the God from her?
The Virun VII Crest was used to dispel the birth of God by sealing off the town entirely, destroying it & God--and everything else.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Biomechanical
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Biomechanical »

This seems to be contradicting itself. Dahlia spread the seal around town. So now why would Dahlia be trying to dispel the birth of God?
douche
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Dahlia spread the seal around town.
Wrong. Alessa did. Dahlia says it herself: "I was shocked to realize the Talisman of Metraton was being used." And, of course, "This is beyond my control. Only you can stop it now. Have you not seen the crest all over town? ... It is the Mark of Samael. Don't let it be completed."

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Biomechanical
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Biomechanical »

I am willing to admit that none of this makes any sense.

"This is beyond my control. Only you can stop it now. Have you not seen the crest all over town? ... It is the Mark of Samael. Don't let it be completed."

Dahlia had her daughter impregnated with a God, then decided that she didnt want to go through with it?
douche
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Dahlia is trying to stop the Seal of Metatron from being completed. The reason why is because Alessa is the one creating the seal. By doing so, she hopes to prevent the God from being utilized in any sort of way, perhaps to the point of destroying it. Dahlia sure as hell doesn't want that happening, that's why she's desperate to have Harry introduce the Flauros into the equation, as it neutralizes Alessa and prevents the Seal from being completed.

Basically, things would be rosy if you just stood aside and let the seal be completed...
Biomechanical
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Biomechanical »

alone in the town wrote: Basically, things would be rosy if you just stood aside and let the seal be completed
the Adversary wrote: The Virun VII Crest was used to dispel the birth of God by sealing off the town entirely, destroying it & God--and everything else.
Things would be rosy if you let her seal off the town and destroy everything in it, including Harry?
douche
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Have you played Silent Hill 1 or 3?...

The Virun VII Crest was used by Alessa to prevent the birth of God, by sealing off the town and to destroy what was there. The Virun VII Crest is the same thing as the Seal/Talisman of Metatron, & the Mark of Samael: They're all the same thing.

God is not Samael is not God. God is God, Lord of Serpents & Reeds, Creator of Paradise, the Holy Mother.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Biomechanical wrote:
alone in the town wrote: Basically, things would be rosy if you just stood aside and let the seal be completed
the Adversary wrote: The Virun VII Crest was used to dispel the birth of God by sealing off the town entirely, destroying it & God--and everything else.
Things would be rosy if you let her seal off the town and destroy everything in it, including Harry?
Considering the alternative? You bet your ass.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Things would be rosy if you let her seal off the town and destroy everything in it?
For Alessa, yes. For Dahlia, no: thus Dahlia's use of Harry in making him utilize the Flauros, negating Alessa's conjuration of the Virun VII Crest, which--had it been completed--would've destroyed everything.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.