Walters comeback

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>It's not a comic book, it's a science book you can find in Midwich's library.
It's called "The Monster Lurks."

>Because most areas we visit are related to Walter's childhood
That means Walter's memories from childhood effect the [otherside]'s appearance, not that Walter as a child is responsible.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's not a comic book, it's a science book you can find in Midwich's library.
You're thinking of "The Monster Lurks." "Monster Within" is a comic book, I think.
No it hasn't...
Two bodies HAVE merged before. Alessa and Cheryl. Boom. Pwned.
Because most areas we visit are related to Walter's childhood, a few with his adolescent and adult years. Some walls, objects and doors appear way off from the real thing, like the giant door in the generator room, in the round prison level, the giant mother stones, South Ashfield Heights's environment..
That doesn't mean Little Wally was actually the one creating the areas.
Which is exactly my point; it's not like he returns to his "original-original" body, the dead one, or anything.
Who the FUCK cares? It doesn't matter, it's not relevant, and you're the only one making an issue of this.
How does this explain dark Walter's disappearance and vice-versa? When you go back to the ex-sealed room, the corpse is missing. I don't know, I still think the idea of corpses fusing together and appearing as half of itself seems kind of "incoherent" to me; I've tried imagining it, but I just can't do it without ridiculously stretching *shrug*, maybe there's something vital no one's mentioned yet..?
Or you're working from the entirely wrong paradigm.

AGAIN.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

~Two bodies HAVE merged before. Alessa and Cheryl. Boom. Pwned.
No they didn't; Cheryl was restored to her former self, presumably after making contact with Alessa's astral projection. In the end, they don't merge, they become god; that's different.

~It doesn't matter, it's not relevant, and you're the only one making an issue of this.
So, your saying anything that makes your explanations illogical and mine logical are irrelevant? Okay then..
[url=http://www.gaikokujin-talent.com/profile/voice/monica_horgan/monica_horgan_cm01.mp3]Silent Hill Insurance[/url]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

No they didn't; Cheryl was restored to her former self, presumably after making contact with Alessa's astral projection. In the end, they don't merge, they become god; that's different.
Two beings becoming one, all the same. You're just arguing semantics, now.
So, your saying anything that makes your explanations illogical and mine logical are irrelevant? Okay then..
Arguing over the "original-original" body is a moot issue and you know it. You're just grasping at straws because you don't like the theory. It's basically "Here's my conclusion. What facts can I find in my ass to support it?"

In other words, Creationism.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

>No they didn't; Cheryl was restored to her former self, presumably after making contact with Alessa's astral projection. In the end, they don't merge, they become god; that's different.

I'd hate to parrot Aura here but... That's just semantics, really: Cheryl was restored to her former self--which was Alessa. So, technically, she and Alessa rejoined like smooshing Play-Do together, and Cheryl's no longer floating around in her half, Alessa in hers. Their halves are a whole.

And Cheryl and Alessa were merged prior to the God ever appearing--Dahlia points specifically to the unconscious forms, and then later does that bright light appear and you're face to face with [a] God.

>How does this explain dark Walter's disappearance and vice-versa? When you go back to the ex-sealed room, the corpse is missing. I don't know, I still think the idea of corpses fusing together and appearing as half of itself seems kind of "incoherent" to me; I've tried imagining it, but I just can't do it without ridiculously stretching *shrug*, maybe there's something vital no one's mentioned yet..?

Well it explains it because that's where he went and what he became. The body on the 'cross' I always considered a husk, a shell--the soul and the consciousness inside it was whisked away long ago, and in all honesty, I never thought much of that body's disappearance besides a "Wtf that's creepy" moment.

If I had to explain its disappearance, I'd suggest that it was no longer necessary for that body to remain there--I honestly don't think the body COULD have stayed there without someone smelling it, could you? So logically it must exist only in its little niche between realities, between Walter's world and Henry's original one, but that it was an illusion--physical and present, yeah, but still a husk & shell.

Going on that, the body is only in Room 302 of Walter's world, not Henry's. I'd also suggest that during the penultimate hour of Walter's Sacraments, with Eileen and Henry being the only ones left alive (and to kill) the body "sank" beneath that gross murky thing and transformed into that hulking mass. Don't ask me to explain how, because really, that's like asking how Alessa and Cheryl fused, and how they could transform themselves into God. I can't go into a physical, detailed, bit by bit description, nor could many other people save for the developers, and they ain't talking.

As to why it transformed--again, the penultimate hour, Walter being at the peak of his power. I can't imagine it being difficult for the "soul" Walter that goes off wandering and killing to be able to perform bad juju on his corpse. Hell, I'd even go so far as to say that some soul and consciousness was returned to that corpse, and then I'd dare to mention that maybe guilt and suffering made it all cranky, but then I'm just reaching and going all out and I don't feel like doing that. Not so much. It's early.

Clearly, this transformation bit is a theory--it's highly possible he never transformed at all, but the corpse was restored to that tumescent gross guy beneath it all.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Radical Dreamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Radical Dreamer »

I'd also suggest that during the penultimate hour of Walter's Sacraments, with Eileen and Henry being the only ones left alive (and to kill) the body "sank" beneath that gross murky thing and transformed into that hulking mass.

As to why it transformed--again, the penultimate hour, Walter being at the peak of his power.
Might I offer a suggestion?

Walter's body is being used by the God as a vessel, which is why it disappears and becomes that giant hulking mass you have to stick those spears into. That's Walter's original flesh; horribly transfigured as the God claims it as it's own, corporeal form. Which explains why he has to separate himself from his flesh in order to complete the ritual.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

See my response to your idea in the other thread, in which you also posted this.
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

Krist., not sure if I'm understanding you, but I wasn't trying to imply that I disagreed that the giant, monster was Walter's original body; I mean, he did the same thing to the apartment room and complex as well..

I was pondering the relevance of the crucifixed Walter's disappearance, with the other, living Walters's disappearance.

Anyway, Alessa's situation's nothing like Walter's; they never "physically" merged, not to mention, weren't dead either. Corpses merging together and appearing as only half of it's original self doesn't really make sense to me, even in the other world, which I don't think was involved anyway. With that, I simply just made the connection with the adult, psychopathic Walter persona relentlessly stalking Eileen and Henry around with being the "dark" side of Walter that was created from the split before. It's the only logical thing I can think of; at least it proves that I've been thinking for myself instead of waiting for The Adversary to tell me about his own theory.
[url=http://www.gaikokujin-talent.com/profile/voice/monica_horgan/monica_horgan_cm01.mp3]Silent Hill Insurance[/url]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Oh, burn.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Anyway, Alessa's situation's nothing like Walter's; they never "physically" merged
Yea they did.
weren't dead either.
Doesn't matter. You're the only person who doesn't think so.
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

Completely different . . . . . .
..it's not like "half of Alessa" emerges from the light; there's nothing to suggest Walter's corpses merge together and appear as only "half of itself" as the final product and it's not like it's happened before anyway; it's possible that the corpses might not even have to reunite anyway, since the crucifixed Walter's apparently the "true body". So yea, I still see no reason to buy such an illogical concept.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I still fail to see what's so illogical about it.
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

As if two corpses "merging together" wasn't enough . . . . . . they appear as half of its self. How is that not illogical?
Radical Dreamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

A thought occurred to me. One of the assumptions I see in the whole "two Walter's" theory that doesn't sit well with me is the idea that if one half of the soul dies the other half remains alive. The various incarnations of the two Walter's theories suggest this is the case with Walter. But how does that explain lil' Walter dying at the same time adult Walter dies? If an innocent Walter can die yet still be carried off by a guilty Walter, shouldn't little innocent Walter have survived big guilty Walter's death?
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

>But how does that explain lil' Walter dying at the same time adult Walter dies?

Because Walter's True Form died, ergo, all his other forms die.

To elaborate: If you weakened the True Form that adult Walter was thus restored to mortality. You could kill him. The mortality of that adult Walter also was the mortality of the child Walter--they're all connected to the same life force, really. You need to use the umbilical cord on the True Form, then assault it with spears of the last 8 Sacraments. In doing that, you paralyze that form and are able to go to work on the adult one--he croaks, little Walter croaks.

See it as this, if you will:

Walter's True Form is the main power source of Adult Walter. Adult Walter is the main power source of little Walter (from whom I personally believe he split at some point in the game, but was not a life of his own), so what happenes to the True Form happens to adult Walter happens to little Walter--True Form is made mortal, so too with the other forms. Adult Walter is physically assaulted and killed, so too with little Walter.

And again:

Walter's True Form
\
\
Adult Walter, as an extension.

From Adult Walter, he has his own extension:
\
\
Little Walter.
Radical Dreamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Then how does baby Heather survive Alessa's final death? Isn't little Heather still a product of Alessa's power?
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

That wasn't Alessa at the end of SH1 [the woman in white]. That was God. Alessa wouldn't be stupid enough to create a baby she would later try to kill, especially if it had the foetus of God inside it. So that leaves God being the one who created it, and God being the only one in that room who wanted It to be able to come back.
Radical Dreamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Alessa wouldn't be stupid enough to create a baby she would later try to kill, especially if it had the foetus of God inside it.
I wouldn't be so sure about that...

Sorry to be vague, but it pertains to certain events I'm not sure that you want to know about yet...
So that leaves God being the one who created it, and God being the only one in that room who wanted It to be able to come back.
Even still the infant survives after the God and Alessa both die.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Well, I am sure about that, because until I hear otherwise concrete & factually, I'm going with the sensible belief that Alessa hated God. SH3 goes all out to make reference to this, to Alessa's wish for death and God's end, and I'm really not going to be told, vaguely, otherwise about it. Sorry. So unless SH0 wants to contradict concrete facts provided in SH3, that's their problem. Not mine.

God can't die, though... God fades away. The true essence of God, do you really think it'd just lay down and croak so easily? All gone and destroyed? I don't think so. You can kill the physical shell of God but you really can't kill It itself--so it's not odd that Heather survives. Not to mention she's her own independent life form FROM God.

Not to mention: what does that have to do with Walter? Walter had no essence of God within him in the slightest. So, yeah.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>it pertains to certain events I'm not sure that you want to know about yet...
If it involves Silent Hill: Origins, then it occurs in an "alternate reality," similar to the Silent Hill film.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.