Crack In the Wall?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

MariaRising
Gravedigger

Crack In the Wall?

Post by MariaRising »

Every time I play, when I come back to the apartment
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
right after seeing Eileen with Little Walter after she was attacked
after the end of the apartment world, there's a crack in the wall to the right of the lamp near the peephole. Henry comments "What's this...?" (It's smaller than the 'stain' that you use the Succubus Talisman on) After the hospital world has been completed it disappears on its own not to be seen again. Has anyone else seen this or know what it does?
Last edited by MariaRising on 23 Apr 2010, edited 4 times in total.
Kerrigan
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Kerrigan »

I know that in the nightmare version of the apartment, that's what you examine in order to trigger a cutscene...

I've always thought it had to do with

Joseph.

Creepy... It looks like a face.
SHF
Historical Society Historian

Post by SHF »

can u post a picc up?
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

Here's a pic of the face/crack in the wall of the alternate apartment, Kerrigan:

And here's a pic of the crack I'm talking about:

It looks like they're both in the same place

I apologize for the bluriness :oops:
Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Axel_98 »

IDK who it is but I think its just the apartment morphing as it does throughout the game. I imagine its Joseph though if anyone
~The Bird of Hermes is My Name; Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame~
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Interesting. I just started a new playthrough, and I'm dying on the 2nd Forest World.
Daisukenojo
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Daisukenojo »

I'm gonna check this out on my new play through as well
It took me a while to see the face in the second picture :|
[quote="Catch22"]Wait, wasn't the guy in the trailer wearing a shirt? You know who else wore a shirt? Hitler.

Hitler confirmed as SH6 protagonist.[/quote]
SHF

Post by SHF »

oh that? it means a haunting is gonna happen.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Daisukenojo
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Daisukenojo »

^Really? wow
[quote="Catch22"]Wait, wasn't the guy in the trailer wearing a shirt? You know who else wore a shirt? Hitler.

Hitler confirmed as SH6 protagonist.[/quote]
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

It's probably those "flower hauntings". You know, the ones with poison or whatever they are.
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

I thought it was the repersentation of the Nightmare World not only having the further ability to have possession over Henry's apartment but it moving over into Eileen's apartment and hers being pulled into the world also, after all when you find her when she's attacked it's her actual apartment, not a horror version of Walter's world.
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

This is usually the first place that Joseph comes to visit. It will happen in every playthrough.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^Are you talking about the ghost that appears? That's Jimmy Stone. Not Joseph Schreiber.

@carneeval: If that was really going on then we would see the same crackings close to Henry's bathroom/bedroom/where Walter's corpse is and it would affect Mike's apartment as well.
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

I don't think the cracks never show up anyplace else, I'll take a look later (thank goodness I save so many times through the game lol). Now that I think of it, the cracks seem to show up in almost the exact same place as the face in the beginning, the haunting where that ghost is trying to come out of the wall, and the wiggling red cracks haunting (or whatever they're called...). Now I'm thinking that maybe it's a sign that the apartment is getting weaker and getting ready to be haunted... And that particular area is a popular 'hosting' place for hauntings... I can't recall any other part of the apartment that hosts more than one haunting in exactly the same place.
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

@Mephisto
Walter chooses where the possession in the apartment spreads. Mike doesn't matter what so ever. The things that happen within the apartment are like a domain, whatever he wants to spread does and whatever doesn't stays until
21 Sacraments ending when the 'Holy Mother' begins wiping out affecting everyone in the apartment complex and probably causing an Apocalypse.
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
Midori-chan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Midori-chan »

MariaRising wrote:Here's a pic of the face/crack in the wall of the alternate apartment, Kerrigan:

And here's a pic of the crack I'm talking about:

It looks like they're both in the same place

I apologize for the bluriness :oops:
It looks like a face to me. It could be that as Henry 'receives wisdom' the spot gets clearer and clearer until it resembles a face.
probably Joseph's
[url=http://myanimelist.net/profile/Midori-tan/]Profile[/url]\\[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Midori-tan]My Anime List[/url]\\[url=http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Midori-tan]My Manga List[/url]