Is it worth playing again?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Manok
Just Passing Through

Is it worth playing again?

Post by Manok »

I remember. Liking this game before, but currently my Xbox has been collecting dust for a few years, and am just considering finding it for another platform. any suggestions? Should I just hook my Xbox up to my old tv and play it that way? Or is it available cheap someplace reliable?
teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: Is it worth playing again?

Post by teosoleil »

Sure. If you have it for xbox already, you probably don't need to look for other copies for different systems, unless you'd like to try out the HD Colle--never mind.

A runthrough just for nostalgia always feels great. :)
MistahJ
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MistahJ »

I'd definitely say it's worth it, especially if you are going for a ending you've never gotten before. Also, it's fun to notice things you may not have noticed before :).
"The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

(somethinglacking on Discord)
otto2302
Just Passing Through

Post by otto2302 »

I feel that Silent Hill is one of the only horror game franchises that actually preserves their re-play value quite extraordinarily well. For me SH4 is the worst part of the early four Silent Hills as game-play wise, and about an week ago I finished it the third(?) time (after about four years break). I feel that the enemies in SH4 are quite pain in the arse, and they create an distressing and agonizing feel when playing, and I'm not sure if I like it. I don't feel like in previous games that I have fair amount of time to investigate places and such. Also Walter breathing in my neck when visiting worlds second time is just annoying.

But this thread isn't about my feels of Silent Hill 4 but if it retains re-play value, and I'd say yes. It is actually pretty cool to investigate and search Henry's apartment after every world when things change there (like Henry's comments on the pictures on the walls etc)., hauntings are awesome, the game is actually quite short, and the diaries in this game are actually pretty good read.

For example I played the first four (1-3 + Code Veronica) Resident Evils last year, and I wouldn't go back now, except maybe for the first / second one. Third was just too stressing and CV had horrible motion blur graphics for PS2 which made my head ache, although the story was great. The point is that those, awesome, pioneers of horror gaming haven't retained their re-play value as good as the first few Silent Hills. Silent Hill 1 is still very enjoyable PS1 game, and second and third ones are just amazing master pieces for PS2. The Room divides alot of opinions but I still would say that it is a good game and worth playing over and over again annually, and belongs to the first four original Silent Hills proudly.

Peace.
Artstation

"It comes from nowhere to awaken the man with pyramid helmet to his mission".
DawnBraz
Just Passing Through

Post by DawnBraz »

I think so, definitely. What I love about SH games, is you discover something new every time you play, and SH4 is no exception. I admit SH4 can be very irritating to navigate through, which makes re-playing the game feel a chore at times. But, I think it's worth completing the game at least twice. I guarantee you will find something you didn't notice the first time around.
Its Gone Now
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Its Gone Now »

DEFINITELY worth playing again.

Even the graphics still hold up rather well.

I was very disappointed that it was not included in the HD collection but never mind.