SH4 available digitally on Japanese PSN!

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

jdnation
Historical Society Historian

SH4 available digitally on Japanese PSN!

Post by jdnation »

The Japanese branch of Sony Computer Entertainment today revealed another new batch of PS2 Classics games: Full House Kiss, SEGA AGES 2500 Vol.23: SEGA Memorial Selection, Silent Hill 4: The Room, Sukusuku Inufuku and Warriors Orochi.

Silent Hill 4: The Room, the biggest name of the new PS2 Classics games, takes up the most space on the hard disk drive of the Playstation 3 with 3809 MB. It is followed by Warriors Orochi at 3462 MB, Full House Kiss at 2004 MB, Sukusuku Inufuku 571 at MB and finally SEGA AGES 2500 Vol.23: SEGA

http://www.examiner.com/article/hdd-spa ... 2-classics
Redsixer
Just Passing Through

Re: SH4 available digitally on Japanese PSN!

Post by Redsixer »

Not bad.Maybe i will buy this.How about PS3 upscale function?I dont know because i didnt play a PS2 game on the PS3 yet.Is the upscaling good or bad?
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

The upscaling leaves you with a noticeably stretched picture. If you set it to 'None', it fills the screen without stretching the picture and without losing too much screen like you would zooming in. It's not bad really.
I do hope SH4 comes to the US soln though. It would make up for it not being included in the HD Collection, plus I could be able to play it again.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Wow this is great news!
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

So has there been any information on whether or not this is coming to the US? I'm getting impatient. lol
The main reason I ask is because i'm contemplating on if I should spend the cash to get a Japanese PSN Card and buy it that way. I'd hate to do that and Sony announce that SH4 is coming for $10.

The game should really be on there already though considering all of the other games SCEA has put on PSN that are pathetic.
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

It's probably inevitable since if they already formatted it to work on the PS3 for Japanese players then they might as well so the same for other places, right? Though it probably shoots down the possibility of ever getting an HD remake.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
predxeno
Just Passing Through

Post by predxeno »

I can't wait for this game to come out in the US. I need it Now!!!
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

I hate how long they take to send them to other countries though. Seriously, it doesn't seem like it should be hard at all, and it's been a few months now with no word about it. Didn't Silent Hill do better here in the states in the first place? That seems like bad marketing decisions, though it wouldn't be the first time i'v seen it from Japan (which isn't excluding them, but under this circumstance I mention Japan specifically).

Hell, maybe Sony America doesn't think the game is worth having over here, even when they put up some really lame games in it's place since then and before. I guess that wouldn't explain other countries though.
Considering games like Parasite Eve 1 and 2 almost took a year to come over seas (atleast for America), maybe they are just being slow as all hell again.
predxeno
Just Passing Through

Post by predxeno »

This is stupid, I want the game NOW!!! Actually, I need it before March; that's when Spring Break starts for me at college and I leave my PS3 at home (you know, just to keep it away from all those sticky fingers in the dorm).

--------------

Out of curiosity, how likely is it that PSN will make a US release of SH 4 if it already had in Japan? What's the usual wait period between the 2 countries? Also, do you guys think things will go faster if we started a petition?

Mod Edit: Do not double post. Please use the edit function if you wish to add something - Fudgestix
fudgestix

Post by fudgestix »

^ There is already a petition a few topic s down from this, but doubt it will do any good.
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
Piramit Kafa
Just Passing Through

Post by Piramit Kafa »

It's so frustrating. I already have 3 different accounts and I don't wanna have to create a Japanese account or buy Japanese PSN cards. Hell I don't even know how or where to get one. How hard could it be to release it anywhere but Japan?
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.
predxeno
Just Passing Through

Post by predxeno »

Silent Fantasy wrote:I hate how long they take to send them to other countries though. Seriously, it doesn't seem like it should be hard at all, and it's been a few months now with no word about it. Didn't Silent Hill do better here in the states in the first place? That seems like bad marketing decisions, though it wouldn't be the first time i'v seen it from Japan (which isn't excluding them, but under this circumstance I mention Japan specifically).

Hell, maybe Sony America doesn't think the game is worth having over here, even when they put up some really lame games in it's place since then and before. I guess that wouldn't explain other countries though.
Considering games like Parasite Eve 1 and 2 almost took a year to come over seas (atleast for America), maybe they are just being slow as all hell again.
Is 1 year the longest we'll have to wait if they do decide to release it in the US?
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

If it takes longer than a year, then I would say they are not going to bother.
predxeno
Just Passing Through

Post by predxeno »

What with Sony's announcement of PS4, is it possible that they'll just skip a PS3 port of SH4 and just put it on PS4 instead (they did say that they were planning on building a PS Library where buyers can download from the PS Cloud)? I hope they don't do this as I'll be waiting for the PS4 to get cheaper (probably wait for the Slim version, which will most likely have extra features) before I buy it so I'll have to wait a very long time.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

I would say that the series in general is not of much concern to them. It's not exactly a blockbuster, and devs have it in their heads that nobody in the world(except Japan apparently) wants to play SH4 again.
I think I would rather them just keep having digital downloads as they have been anyway, because the cloud stuff doesn't seem reliable atall. So if they do go that route, I most likely will just get SH4 on PC. (if I can ever get the damn thing to work..)