What is the method of sacrificing the 21th victim?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Re: What is the method of sacrificing the 21th victim?

Post by AuraTwilight »

Unfortunately, she passed away in 2008. Otherwise I'd probably be emailing her.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
chounokoe
Just Passing Through

Post by chounokoe »

AuraTwilight wrote:Unfortunately, she passed away in 2008. Otherwise I'd probably be emailing her.
That really is too bad.
But thanks for the input nonetheless. I'll try asking a friend if he can ask one of the priests at the shrine he's working at. You don't really get the idea to ask something like that at all unless you get some outside input.

Btw. little Billy is a sinner after all: He stole the volleyball from the sporting goods store :twisted:
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

chounokoe wrote:Wouldn't it have been mentioned that he had carved the number "11121" in his foot before dying?
Have you thought that maybe the number was not carved yet
chounokoe wrote:With the information the game gives us, it is just unlikely that Walter killed himself in prison, because that would have ended the ritual prematurely.
No it wouldn't, because the ritual of the Holy Assumption could still be done. In fact, it was done after his death. Walter dying first is a part of the ritual.
chounokoe wrote: No, I actually didn't. "Inorganic" is one of the 'official' translations of mukiteki (ç„¡æ©Ÿçš„) carried in a dictionary, the other is "unorganized" in the sense of 'not belonging to a greater body, or possessing properties of an organized unit'.
I was actually referencing your translations in general, although you did now intrigue me with the muhiteki thing.
chounokoe
Just Passing Through

Post by chounokoe »

mikefile wrote:No it wouldn't, because the ritual of the Holy Assumption could still be done. In fact, it was done after his death. Walter dying first is a part of the ritual.
That is why I have such a problem with the translation of SH4, because it left out a very important line of a very important document.

The Second Revelation

And the Lord said, together with the White Oil
and the lifeblood from Ten Hearts,
offer up your own blood as well.
By doing so you will
attain Liberation
from the shackles of flesh
and attain the powers of the second world.

Only if he offers up his own blood together with the rest can he create his Otherworld and become a ghostlike entity himself.

The SH4 Kôshiki Guide also says that:
On the lowest level of the Otherword, becoming something that almost appears to be a monster, his true body is concealed. His human form is nothing but a mere shadow.

He couldn't have become a ghost and be freed from the flesh before the Ritual of Assumption (or Liberation as it is called in the original script). Now there are only two options to go from here, either the translator was told to omit the line because the writer saw too many problems with that plot himself (though that begs the question why it is included in the Japanese script) or the translator simply decided on a whim that it isn't important.
I was actually referencing your translations in general, although you did now intrigue me with the muhiteki thing.
Considering that one term, I am waiting for a friend to reply, then we can see about that one. About my translation-style in general, you are free to message me outside of this thread and I can explain to you some parts in details. Here it would just go beyond what this thread is actually about.
Though I find it funny how you just need to be the first person to release a translation on the internet and your right, everybody after that is just trolling the effort :roll:
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

chounkoe wrote:He couldn't have become a ghost and be freed from the flesh before the Ritual of Assumption (or Liberation as it is called in the original script).

But he didn't. He first killed himself, and then the other half took his body and performed the ritual of Liberation that freed him from the bonds of flesh and blood.