am I really the only one that's able to piece this together?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Kenji
Historical Society Historian

Re: am I really the only one that's able to piece this toget

Post by Kenji »

Gotta give that theory props, though. It ignores what's inconvenient and twists everything toward its own ends (at this point, it's equally likely for Henry to be standing in line in a Seven-Eleven, imagining the whole game). However, it's a damn entertaining yarn.

I wouldn't be opposed to someone taking the game for a spin, with this in mind, for shits and giggles. Not one bit.

Is it what the developers had in mind? Certainly not. They certainly didn't trust our cognition and deduction this much in SH2 and 3, so why would The Room be so special?
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

Kenji wrote:It ignores what's inconvenient and twists everything toward its own ends (at this point, it's equally likely for Henry to be standing in line in a Seven-Eleven, imagining the whole game)
Agreed. It only takes proof of Henry's robotic personality and when neccessary: it deviates facts between 'that's what he said/did' and 'that's what Henry imagined he said/did' for its own purpose.
anni
Just Passing Through

Post by anni »

Thanks for posting it, Aura :)

The theory did have some interesting points, imho, but as it has been mentioned, it simply ignores a lot of facts that prove it wrong or twists them so they go along with it. There were also some plausible ideas for the motivations/origins behind some of the actions - just that they rather applied to Walter, not Henry.
Still, it was an interesting read.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, it's a fun theory. It'd make a good fanfic, but that's it.

It's still better than that "There are no alternate dimensions" afterbirth though.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

AuraTwilight wrote: Alright, it was requested, so I'll post it. Warning, TL;DR ensues like a motherfucker.
Wow, you weren't kidding, were you?

So, it's a nice theory, I guess. Too bad it goes IN DIRECT CONTRAVENTION OF WORD OF GOD!!! The creators authorized an OFFICIAL guide to the background of Silent Hill, called The Book of Lost Memories, which IN DETAIL describes how WALTER killed all those people, and why. This whole theory was clearly well-thought-out, but it's entirely unnecessary, as an existing explanation that makes MUCH more sense already exists. Thank you, origamifreak64, but your princess is in another castle.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>The creators authorized an OFFICIAL guide to the background of Silent Hill, called The Book of Lost Memories, which IN DETAIL describes how WALTER killed all those people<
Lost Memories: Silent Hill Chronicle doesn't cover SILENT HILL 4: THE ROOM at all.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^ Maybe he/she was talking about that "Translated Memories" site?
I wouldn't know because that site is by fans for fans. I don't think it's a thing Konami calls "official". . .
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

It is a translation of official Konami material. It isn't something a few guys just made up.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Much of the content on the Web site Translated Memories is not from the official guide Lost Memories: Silent Hill Chronicle. Things like "Another Crimson Tome" and "Victim Profiles" were on the now-defunct official SILENT HILL 4: THE ROOM Web site

>It isn't something a few guys just made up.<
True. However, some of the material in the "Victim Profiles" is entirely fabricated, notably the profiles for everyone after Joseph (whose name on the profile is actually only "J."). So all that information about Cynthia, Jasper, Andrew, Dick, Eileen and Henry is made up.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Oops, I meant "Translated Memories," not "Book of Lost Memories." My bad. :)
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

We should all say that something is in contravention of creator's intent from now on.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

"In Water" is the most appropriate ending to Silent Hill 2.
SilentRobert23
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentRobert23 »

alone in the town wrote:"In Water" is the most appropriate ending to Silent Hill 2.
Not true. The UFO endings are the true endings.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

^ This. They connect all the games.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

^No, MIRA connects the games. Dog Ending Is Best Ending. She abducted Travis, created Maria, and was revealed to be Cheryl Heather Mason's true form.
AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

l rather like aura's take on it. it makes sense at parts. l know if l killed someone (especially as gruesome as some of the kills were) l wouldn't want to remember it. that said, l think that walter was the only killer and some supernatural shiz was going on. l would probably eat my duke nukem forever hat if l thought it was a 'dream.'
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

That wasn't MY take on it, and I wasn't supporting the idea that Henry is a killer because it's fucking retarded.
AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

^oh! my bad. sorry. l guess once l got into the reading l forgot the intro. nice find, then?
BlackRose
Just Passing Through

Post by BlackRose »

AuraTwilight wrote:That wasn't MY take on it, and I wasn't supporting the idea that Henry is a killer because it's fucking retarded.
Wow. Rude much?
When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off."
Stephen King
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

BlackRose wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:That wasn't MY take on it, and I wasn't supporting the idea that Henry is a killer because it's fucking retarded.
Wow. Rude much?
Rude, but you've gotta admit, it's true. That idea is pretty retarded.