Richard's bloody underpants

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

pocket
Just Passing Through

Richard's bloody underpants

Post by pocket »

Earlier today, I was playing SH4, and I noticed that Richard has "bloody men's underwear" in the trashcan in his apartment.

Is this from skinning Mike? I'm not sure, because it seems like that happened a while ago.

It's not that big of a deal, I just wanted to see what you guys thought about it.
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Is that before or after he met with Walter? Because if it's after, I think it may just have something to do with the whole electrocution thing--I dunno, though. I doubt blood is a result of electrocution...
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

I think it's from the whole Skinned Mike thing.
Because you see this and it's in his room, right after you hear the tape.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

They are Mike's bloody underpants. During the incident (presumably around 15-20 years before the events of SH4) Richard threw away Mike's jeans and shirt out in the corridor, possibly forgetting the underpants inside his apartment. When Richard realized this afterwards, he simply chucked them into the trashcan.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Richard Braintree didn't literally "skin" Mike. He beat Mike up and stripped him of his clothes, left him naked in the hallway to embarrass him, to keep him away from Rachel, but he didn't pull a Boris "the manskinner" on Mike.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>Richard didn't literally "skin" Mike.
Who said he did?

I don't think any sane person here would believe that Richard skinned Mike for real, assuming that they've read about the incident.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

People frequently think so. pocket specifically asked, "is this from skinning Mike?"
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

Because he had to refer to something people could refer to. If he had simply asked "is this from the Mike incident?" it could mean anything to folks.

Nevermind. I'm not someones defender.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Braintree is kind of nuts too, only 'cause Mike bumped into him he shouted "Who do you think I am!?" and beated him? Geez.. He's one of my favorite characters in the SH series, but I wouldn't pick a fight with him.
Oh yeah, and I can see why he's angry all the time... Annoying kids living close to him? A guy who listens music in the max volume all the time next to him? If I was in his place I would go crazy too...
SH3girl32
Gravedigger

Post by SH3girl32 »

I wondered about that too. I didn't think about the "skinned Mike" thing though. I didn't really know what happened with that guy. Sounded like Richard killed someone cuz they were talking about a bag being big enough to put him in. Then there was some random drunk guy...so I got lost.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>Then there was some random drunk guy
The only drunk in SH4 was Andrew DeSalvo.

Other than that, some of the victims dealt with marijuana.
Sake
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Sake »

Jonipoon wrote:>Then there was some random drunk guy
The only drunk in SH4 was Andrew DeSalvo.
The drunk guy he's referring to is the man who was in the crowd outside Richard's apartment when he "skinned Mike". Richard was going to throw away Mike's clothes, but a lady took his pants to wrap her cat's body in, and a drunk man took the shirt.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>and a drunk man took the shirt.
The translation of Another Crimson Tome isn't trustworty. They could easily have misunderstood words.
Sake
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Sake »

That's unlikely. It wouldn't be surprising if it was a misinterpretation due to the fact that a single person was translating the Tome, but that's not the case. There's a full team who does the translating.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>It wouldn't be surprising if it was a misinterpretation due to the fact that a single person was translating the Tome, but that's not the case. There's a full team who does the translating.

Yes and no. There is a team, but only one of them worked on the Crimsom Tome.

Source: http://www.translatedmemories.com/about.html
Sake
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Sake »

Still, I'm sure it would have been fixed by now if that were the case. Thousands of people visit that site and surely some of them are experts when it comes to Japanese and would have E-mailed the translators, informing them of the mistake a long time ago.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

They haven't updated the site in years. . .
Xev

Post by Xev »

MMY wrote:Richard Braintree didn't literally "skin" Mike. He beat Mike up and stripped him of his clothes, left him naked in the hallway to embarrass him, to keep him away from Rachel, but he didn't pull a Boris "the manskinner" on Mike.
This might belong or has been discussed in another subject, but Im unclear about why Richard wanted to keep Mike away from Rachel. Can anyone respond?
pocket
Just Passing Through

Post by pocket »

starsail1929 wrote:
MMY wrote:Richard Braintree didn't literally "skin" Mike. He beat Mike up and stripped him of his clothes, left him naked in the hallway to embarrass him, to keep him away from Rachel, but he didn't pull a Boris "the manskinner" on Mike.
This might belong or has been discussed in another subject, but Im unclear about why Richard wanted to keep Mike away from Rachel. Can anyone respond?
I don't think he wanted to keep Mike away from Rachel.

I think he just wanted to beat Mike up.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

>The translation of Another Crimson Tome isn't trustworty. They could easily have misunderstood words.
Not really. There's an alcoholic addicted in the apartment building, you know.

>I don't think he wanted to keep Mike away from Rachel.
I think he just wanted to beat Mike up.
Or just "heal" his rage.