most unfortunate character

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

who was the most unfortunate silent hill 4 character?

Joseph
11%
Cynthia
12%
Jasper
11%
Andrew
2%
Richard
10%
Eileen
20%
Henry
34%

Total votes: 279

Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>I voted Richard. He actually seemed like a capable guy and I liked him so I felt sorry for him.

Those who are aware of the backstory of The Room knows that Richard was despised by his neighbours for his short temper and peevish attitude. Not a capable guy if you ask me, so I'd say I did not feel sorry for that dickhead.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Nikkolas
Just Passing Through

Post by Nikkolas »

There's also his whole yelling and pointing guns at children.

Honestly, I feel sorriest for the animals in the one victim's pet shop. They didn't have a chance and their deaths were completely random. It's more proof that Walter wasn't very stable. At least in my opinion.
IncoherentMoron
Just Passing Through

Post by IncoherentMoron »

i actually think the most unfortunate one was walter, i mean those guys only die, only suffer for a couple of minutes or even seconds, but walter has suffered his whole life :(
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

In my opinon, it would be tied between Eileen and Henry. Eileen was nothing but nice to him, Henry just fell into the situation (most of the others "did" something to tick Walter off). Then, Jasper and Joseph. And finally, Cynthia, Richard and Andrew (wasn't really justified, but they all did something to him to hurt him in some way, shape or form).
Miette
Just Passing Through

Re: most unfortunate character

Post by Miette »

Well, none of them really deserved it... except for Andrew and Richard.

I think I feel the worst for Eileen, though. She genuinely cared about Walter for a moment, and gave him her doll just to make him happy, and she nearly gets beat to death for it.
If the children don't grow up, our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up.
SilentWren
Historical Society Historian

Post by SilentWren »

Henry. I didn't know any of the others well enough, and Eileen was lazy.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Uyrikeustek »

Cynthia. She was nice and just a normal girl with a whole life ahead of her. She didn't deserve to die. Especially like that. Just my opinion, though.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

Joseph.
He didn't even get the releash of death, he had to stay stuck in the otherworld version of room 302 for ever.
We are still here...
xbriannova
Just Passing Through

Post by xbriannova »

I voted Cynthia. Granted, she teased Walter in school, but, that was a mistake anyone could commit. She seemed like a good person after that where her character was concerned. I mean, she seems quite resourceful, and most importantly, selfless. She found an exit, remember? But instead of just leaving, she waited for Henry and notified him of the exit despite the dangers involved.

I know she had character flaws, being all slutty and stuff, but we all have flaws, right?

It's really unfortunate that she died, especially when she was trying to help another fellow victim, got killed for it and returned as a powerful ghost, the opposite of what she used to be.

The others?

Joseph Schreiber: Meh, he had a great deal of fighting chance- He survived for so long. He wasn't as unfortunate even though he lost in the end.

Richard Braintree: He had it coming to him, treating people that way.

Jasper Gein: He asked for it. If you want to see the devil, you'd definitely find him, and burning hell as well.

Andrew De Salvo: He asked for it. Got involved in the cult's affairs and didn't do anything to bring justice to it. Instead, he took up the job with complete glee.

Eileen Galvin: She's more than lucky. Little Walter came to her rescue, and Henry was with her throughout. I guess that's karma for you heh.

Henry Townshend: He's a fortunate guy, being the last of the twenty-one sacraments, he had plenty of time to figure out what's going on and how to react to situation, and how to fight it. He had Joseph guiding him, and the opportunity to protect Eileen, living on a long borrowed time.

Walter Sullivan: Damn, I think I should have voted for this guy but nevermind he's not even in the poll. He was cursed the second he was born to those idiot parents of his, then he was put into the cult's orphanage, suffered their abuse and became delusional as a result... What did he do in his previous life?
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

I almost picked Eileen, because of her injuries, but I typically think of happy endings as canon and Eileen looks pretty happy in those. I chose Andrew because he was one of the few characters I felt sorry for. Cynthia's last scene was done very well, but I don't feel that automatically means I should feel the most sorry for. As for Henry, he got to peep into a girl's bedroom, he's not the most unfortuanite.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Henry Townshend: He's a fortunate guy, being the last of the twenty-one sacraments, he had plenty of time to figure out what's going on and how to react to situation, and how to fight it. He had Joseph guiding him, and the opportunity to protect Eileen, living on a long borrowed time.
This. Thank you.
I don't know why Henry haves so many votes. Might be because he's the "character that you play with" (he's not the main character, let's face it).

. . .

I don't know if I said it before (probably did) but the most unfortunate is Joseph, imo.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Here's my thoughts. Joseph stuck his nose where it didn't belong, Cynthia was a real bitch, Jasper & friends screwed around with the occult, Andrew was an abusive dick, Richard was an asshole. They were doomed by their behavior. Henry did nothing, but not much really happened to him specifically, so he got off easy. I vote Eileen, She was singled out by ol' Walt simply because she showed some kindness to him. That really makes her the most unfortunate. She did nothing wrong but act like a good person.
Dr-G0nz0
Just Passing Through

Post by Dr-G0nz0 »

Without a doubt, Henry has to have had the most misfortune. He was just the guy in the wrong place at the wrong time. lol I hope I don't end up living in a haunted apartment anytime soon. :P Although, Eileen was caught up in it too, but she had a purpose in the plot Walter had.

I have no sympathy on any of the other Sacriments, though, because they were all part of what happened to Walter as a child.
"Oh, you think darkness is your ally. You merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING! " -Bane
Dr-G0nz0
Just Passing Through

Post by Dr-G0nz0 »

Miette wrote:Well, none of them really deserved it... except for Andrew and Richard.

I think I feel the worst for Eileen, though. She genuinely cared about Walter for a moment, and gave him her doll just to make him happy, and she nearly gets beat to death for it.
What about Cynthia? She bullied Walter. Laughing at him, etc. I think I'd have abit of beef with her if she did that to me. :P lol Tbh I think she deserved it just as much as Andrew or Richard.
"Oh, you think darkness is your ally. You merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING! " -Bane
liuqingquan
Just Passing Through

Post by liuqingquan »

Cynthia
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

Dr-G0nz0 wrote:
Miette wrote:Well, none of them really deserved it... except for Andrew and Richard.

What about Cynthia? She bullied Walter. Laughing at him, etc. I think I'd have abit of beef with her if she did that to me. :P lol Tbh I think she deserved it just as much as Andrew or Richard.
Huh? All Cynthia did was laugh at him. Andrew tormented him, and beat him (if I remember correctly), and it's hinted that he may have had something to do with disappearances of some of Walter's friends. What he did and what she did are definitely not of the same page. Richard deserved it more than Cynthia too (but not as much as Andrew).

I'm divided between Henry and Eileen, and perhaps Cynthia and Joseph.
Henry was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time. He had no previous contact with Walter at all. He was just unlucky.
Eileen was simply chosen because she had been kind to a stranger who looked as though he needed some human companionship.
Cynthia might have hurt Walter when she laughed at him, but she was young and stupid. Not something worth being butchered for.
Joseph...well, I just felt sorry for him. *shrugs*
Miette
Just Passing Through

Post by Miette »

Dr-G0nz0 wrote:What about Cynthia? She bullied Walter. Laughing at him, etc. I think I'd have abit of beef with her if she did that to me. :P lol Tbh I think she deserved it just as much as Andrew or Richard.
Ehh... Cynthia had a right to talk to him like she did. Walter -did- kind of stalk her. In his mind, it wasn't stalking, but it was. I forget how long he said he'd been watching her, but it had been years. I would have reacted worse than she did, really. I know Walter meant well at the time, but how he acted wasn't acceptable.
If the children don't grow up, our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I don't see how brutal verbal abuse was justified by that. No matter the circumstances, Cynthia was still being a little bitch.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

KiramidHead wrote:I don't see how brutal verbal abuse was justified by that. No matter the circumstances, Cynthia was still being a little bitch.
Which just shows why it's not good to verbally abuse people. Laura from SH2 is a little bitch but I feel totally sorry for her.

However, I sometimes wonder whether or not Claudia really thought she was doing the greater good. She said she was, but I think maybe she might've known what she was doing was wrong, or she might not have been so accepting of the idea of death and going to Hell. I think she may have felt like she deserved death and punishment, just like Angela.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
Shacknasty
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Shacknasty »

All Cynthia did was pick on him which certainly isn't worthy of killing her over. Richard was a bit of an asshole, but he was also a no nonsense kind of guy. He could have been nicer to kids in general, but it's not like he abused any of them including Walter. Certainly not a person worthy of getting murdered for anything he did. That guy he beat up was a perverted stalker harassing a girl already in a relationship and it's not like he seriously injured the guy. More like he publicly embarrassed him by roughing him up and stripping him naked. Yeah, he had a gun on him often, but at least unlike the other person in the apt (the guy living in the room with all the gun replicas) he didn't shoot and kill another person's cat just because he didn't like living next to a person who had one.

Or hell, at least Richard didn't shoot anybody period for that matter.

The ones I would have less sympathy toward would be the cult members who were killed, Andrew, and of course Walter. Yeah, Walter was delusional and had a crappy childhood but at the end of the day he was still a murderer regardless.

Joseph may have been "sticking his nose in things", but he did it for the sake of common good, not to fulfill his own curiosity. Hence, his investigation into Wish House that we learned about in SH3. Jasper was more nosy for his own sake, but still not a reason for somebody to murder him.

Henry and Eileen need no mention since they obviously had no despicable motives at all.
Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it. - Jules Renard