most unfortunate character

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

who was the most unfortunate silent hill 4 character?

Joseph
11%
Cynthia
12%
Jasper
11%
Andrew
2%
Richard
10%
Eileen
20%
Henry
34%

Total votes: 279

KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Re: most unfortunate character

Post by KiramidHead »

^My impression of Joseph wasn't very good. The whole tone of his article was too holier than thou for me. That whole "show our children the true path" thing also made him come across as a bit of a zealot, IMO
Shacknasty
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Shacknasty »

It just seems like you're misinterpreting a simple comment meant to illustrate his concern for the community.
Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it. - Jules Renard
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

Richard, he died cause Walter misunderstood the meaning of the "Skinning of Mike"
Miette
Just Passing Through

Post by Miette »

redrum wrote:Richard, he died cause Walter misunderstood the meaning of the "Skinning of Mike"
Not just that. He was also mean to him when he saw him poking around the apartment when he was little. I think he pulled a gun out on him, in fact... I don't think you're too stable if you show that level of violence to a little kid who poses no actual threat.
If the children don't grow up, our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up.
Shacknasty
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Shacknasty »

Where do you get the idea he pulled a gun on Walter? It's not like he ever abused Walter or any kids as far as we know.
Last edited by Shacknasty on 18 Feb 2011, edited 2 times in total.
Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it. - Jules Renard
Miette
Just Passing Through

Post by Miette »

Guess I got something mixed around. But either way, Richard is completely nuts in my book. I'll quote from the SH Wiki: "The worst incident was when Mike, the resident of Room 301, bumped into Braintree's shoulder in the corridor of the apartment unintentionally. At the time Richard was even more moody than usual. He yelled, "Who do you think I am?" and dragged Mike by the collar of his shirt into his apartment, Room 207."

Yada yada, you all know what happens after that. I know Mike was kind of a freak and basically a stalker, but that's no reason to beat the crap out of a guy. What I'm getting at is that Richard isn't right in most of his actions.

But I know he was unjustifiably mean to Little Walter. Not necessarily trying to defend adult Walter in killing Richard, but... he wasn't what I would call a "good" person.
If the children don't grow up, our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up.
IamDemensentis
Just Passing Through

Post by IamDemensentis »

I'll say Richard. Sure, he did come off as a prick but I don't think anyone deserves to be electrocuted for that. Might have something to do with my fear of electric shocks.
Mannen i svart sprang, och revolvermannnen följde efter. - Det Mörka Tornet 1

Oh! Is it garbage day?!

"Ah! Global warming went up 10%, just as wanted!"
Aherd
Just Passing Through

Post by Aherd »

Sorry, I know its a very old thread, just thought to liven things up here a bit:D
I choose Henry, cause he's been getting all these smack from everyone throughout these years QQ
Last edited by Aherd on 15 Apr 2012, edited 1 time in total.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

I'm kinda surprised so many people think Henry was the most unfortunate character, considering that he and Eileen are the only characters with any chance of actually surviving the game. Hell, Henry is the only character that could conceivably get through the entire course of events without ever being seriously injured, but compared to people who've suffered various horrifically painful deaths, he's the most unfortunate? I think not.

I'm tempted to vote for Jasper, since he not only lost his two best friends to Walter during the Ten Hearts murder spree, but also burned to death, then kept burning after he was dead and ghostified. On the other hand, though, he did go looking for Walter, so his death wasn't quite so much "unfortunate" as "inevitable."
PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

Post by PoemOfTheLastMoment »

Eileen..She's the only person that was sympathetic towards Walter and she ends up becoming one of his victims.
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

None of the submitted options present my answer. For me, it's Walter.

First of all, both of his parents left the child because of him being an exorbitant financial baggage.

Secondly, instead of ending up in an orphanage, which is already a big misfortune for a child, he entered in a religious brainwashing organization that contains a fucking torture chamber in the middle of a damn lake.

Next, not enough that he's been tremendously traumatized by the cult's teaching, by that sick fuck Andrew and that a damn demon-like spirit sneaked in his mind, he had to experience the lies of the biggest bitch in Silent Hill, yes- Dahlia, that lead him to a yet bigger mess to the core of his psyche.

Finally, not to mention the extreme embarassments and obstacles followed in his life, he became a freaking mass serial killer, influenced by Valtiel's control mixed with his desperate will to wake up his loving mother, which is actually nothing else but a misinterpretation of the Holy Scriptures.

So, yes. Walter's the most unfortunate.
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

Hell, Henry is the only character that could conceivably get through the entire course of events without ever being seriously injured, but compared to people who've suffered various horrifically painful deaths, he's the most unfortunate? I think not.
Thank you. Someone needed to write a thing like that one more time. Someone who isn't me.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Yeah, I think a lot of people didn't really think the question all the way through. Sure, Henry's situation in and of itself could certainly be described as very unfortunate, but once you start comparing his experience to actual murder victims, there's no contest.

"Oh no! That poor lady was beaten to within an inch of her life and possibly possessed to an extent that she'll walk slowly toward a giant machine that will hack her to pieces! Perhaps while a part of her mind struggles to regain control of her hijacked body! Even if she survives this experience, she'll probably need tons of physical and psychological therapy! How brutal!"

"Oh no! That poor guy is being targeted by a dead serial killer just because he moved into this particular apartment! He's being forced to go to scary places and see scary things and monsters will try to hurt him! How. . . inconvenient."
Butcher Incarnate
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Butcher Incarnate »

I think it would have to be walter, poor fella thinks that his mom is an apartment, all thanks to dahlia and her brain washing.
When Death Comes, It Comes For All.
Lucignolo
Just Passing Through

Post by Lucignolo »

Henry for sure...locked in his own apartment...WTF!!??
Severeth
Gravedigger

Post by Severeth »

For me, it is a toss up between Eileen and Joseph.
I have a Youtube account where I sometimes post SH related videos. www.youtube.com/user/severeth

http://www.last.fm/user/Severeth