Most useful weapons in Silent Hill 4

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Joseph
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Most useful weapons in Silent Hill 4

Post by Joseph »

I absolutely adored Eileen's bitchy handbag hits :D
I always chose the bat for Harry.
http://twitter.com/quieterworlds
Forget it, Jake. This is Chinatown.
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

clips wrote:i did like the revolver with the silver bullet to take down certain boss ghosts of the game...it really came in handy when i had to fight that one ghost that hovered above you rolling around in the air, within the tower level.
Would that happen to be Andrew DeSalvo? 'Cause I couldn't stop laughing right after he started to get up, looking like he was grinning and reminding me too much of the Marshmallow monster from Ghostbusters and I just shoot him with a single silver bullet and impale him with a sword of obedience.

Edit: Added quote
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

Shadow wrote:Would that happen to be Andrew DeSalvo? 'Cause I couldn't stop laughing right after he started to get up, looking like he was grinning and reminding me too much of the Marshmallow monster from Ghostbusters and I just shoot him with a single silver bullet and impale him with a sword of obedience.

Yup...that's him... :mrgreen:
Kaiza Killa
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Kaiza Killa »

It is unfortunate that I still cannot play this game, even though I have finished it before, as my copy of this game no longer works. It is the only installment of the series that I have already played that I am desperate to play again.

By memory, I remember the chainsaw being quite useful, not to mention the revolver. But I played it long ago so there is probably a beautiful weapon that I am overlooking.

H+
"Everything above your neck's going to be a fine red mist" - Sniper (Team Fortress 2).
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

The Axe is great. Particularly with the collisions glitch that makes you "neigh" unhittable while swinging it.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
ss4gogeta0
Just Passing Through

Post by ss4gogeta0 »

helldescent wrote:
ss4gogeta0 wrote:i might just do a half wine bottle, half paper cutter run... just to see what happens?
do that and tell us what happens. maybe it will be surprising.
ZOMG the paper cutter sucks... almost got ass raped by half the ghosts, had to use many continues on wall boss and took decades to kill walter... im glad i was gunning for 21 sacraments ending...
"Must one Born from Adam, Return to Adam?" - Kaowru Nagisa
"Come Adam's Dark Shadow, Searvent of the Lillim"- Kaowru Nagisa
shfreak235
Just Passing Through

Post by shfreak235 »

id say the axe for henrey, chain for eileen. i just wanna say the chainsaw is cool but overall impracticl and slow.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Uyrikeustek »

Definitely the axe. I think it was the rusty axe that was used. I just loved how Henry swung it. It looked hilarious and was useful for knocking the enemies down.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

Axe hands down. The game can be kind've a pain in the ass sometimes (damn you Subway escalator...) up until you get the axe. For some reason you get like 3 weapons in that level too.

The axe is blatant hacks for its charge up ability. If you time it right you can pretty much never get hit with it. It does quite a bit of damage too.
Apatheria
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Apatheria »

Oh, the axe, hands down. It was quick and powerful, and not to mention, it had the best looking charged-up attack in the game.
Kerrigan
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Kerrigan »

Uyrikeustek wrote:It looked hilarious and was useful for knocking the enemies down.
Apparently the pipe's charge-up-attack animation was way more hilarious, once upon a time.
Keiko
Just Passing Through

Post by Keiko »

My favorite set of weapons is:
Paper Cutting Knife (Toadstools, Patients, Walter)
Pickaxe replaced later by Spade in Building World 2nd time because I didn't find it earlier (everything else)
And chain for Eileen cuz I missed the Nightstick.
And final boss fight:
That strongest gold club, Richard's Revolver, 2x Revolver Bullets, Ampoule, Nutrition Drink
Sorry for my bad english...
Goodnight
Historical Society Historian

Post by Goodnight »

Do the Swords of Obedience count? They are extremely useful!

I like Eileen's chain and the various Golf Clubs for Henry (fragility aside). Those clubs pack a hell of a punch. The axe is also a fantastic weapon.
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

Rusty axe. I like to think it was the one used on Billy and Miriam, so I usually finish Walter off with it.

Like with the emergency hammer in the original Silent Hill, all the anxiety stops once I get my hands on the rust axe.

As for Eileen, she's better of with no weapons. That way, she doesn't take much damage and generally stays out of my axe's way while I am killing Walters Freudian abominations.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

On my last playthrough I used the rusty axe quite a bit and it became my favorite.

Also, I found Eileen completely necessary if you wish to take out Cynthia or Richard without using a silver bullet.

Once in a while, it's also really fun to use the shovels charge move, especially on dogs.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I used the aluminum bat all game because I assumed the axe sucked. Apparently I have to go back and play using the rusty axe.

I hate giving Eileen weapons. She just goes and gets stuck in a room infested with enemies. It's quite annoying.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Has anyone here even tried using the shovel?
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

I never even found the damn thing. Someone asked me the other day where it was and I don't think I have ever come across it. I even made a point once to pick up everything I saw and I never came across it.

I always use the pipe until I get the ax. I don't even really take risks. My first couple playthroughs I tried to use the gun everywhere but w/ such limited space and ammo, the game basically forces you to pick a melee weapon to use for the most part. I also tried to use the Pickax of Despair and while it is a one-hit kill weapon, timing is everything.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

helldescent wrote:Has anyone here even tried using the shovel?
It's okay, but it's quickly surmounted by the axe. In the same stage, even.

The Paper Cutter is actually the best weapon. It's quick and features third-strike invincibility (unless you're just too slow).
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

helldescent wrote:Has anyone here even tried using the shovel?
It's kinda slow and it does a normal amount of damage. What is kickass about this weapon is it's finishing move (against the dogs, that is). Apart from that, it's nothin' really amusing.