PH Is Walters dad? (Possible Spoilers!)

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

ILoveCarrots
Just Passing Through

PH Is Walters dad? (Possible Spoilers!)

Post by ILoveCarrots »

Okay, please don't be cruel on me, 'cause this is my first post. But I was playing Silent Hill 4 again today and I found this weird picture in the Apartment World 2nd time.
It was something drawn by Walter himself, and it looks like Pyramid Head.
Henry asks himself if this is Walters dad. Is it?
Someone should get the toiletpaper!
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Re: PH Is Walters dad? (Possible Spoilers!)

Post by stopped_clock »

ILoveCarrots wrote:Okay, please don't be cruel on me, 'cause this is my first post. But I was playing Silent Hill 4 again today and I found this weird picture in the Apartment World 2nd time.
It was something drawn by Walter himself, and it looks like Pyramid Head.
Henry asks himself if this is Walters dad. Is it?
You're asking if a manifestation of James's damaged psyche is Walter's father?

I don't remember the part of the game you are referring to but it's possible that it's a drawing of Jimmy Stone(?) who used to wear a red hood like those of the executioners of the cult (which PH is visually based on).

I doubt I've got the details right, but as a general answer to your question, PH is not Walter's dad.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
Travis

Post by Travis »

This thing was discussed numerous times in other topics.

It's not Pyramid Head in the drawing. It's that creature with a head shaped like a cone hanged from the ceiling in the same room. Link here It's at 0:18.
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

^Wow.. I didn't see that extra scene in my cutscene.
:(
Thanks for posting that!
ILoveCarrots
Just Passing Through

Post by ILoveCarrots »

Travis wrote:This thing was discussed numerous times in other topics.

It's not Pyramid Head in the drawing. It's that creature with a head shaped like a cone hanged from the ceiling in the same room. Link here It's at 0:18.
Then is that his dad? I mean, we know who Walter refers to with his "mother", room 302. But in a small part of the game, little Walter's calling for his dad, right?

(Really sorry for my crappy English, it's only my second language..)
Someone should get the toiletpaper!
Travis

Post by Travis »

angelofROOM302 wrote:^Wow.. I didn't see that extra scene in my cutscene.
:(
Thanks for posting that!
You're always welcome Angel. :wink:

ILoveCarrots wrote:Then is that his dad? I mean, we know who Walter refers to with his "mother", room 302. But in a small part of the game, little Walter's calling for his dad, right?
Well, this can't be his actual dad. It's just a manifestation created by his bad memories of his father. His father was the one who wanted to abandon him.

"Stupid little cry-baby."
"Hurry up. Get packed."

ILoveCarrots wrote:(Really sorry for my crappy English, it's only my second language..)
Please don't worry for such things. And they're not crappy at all. :wink:
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

>PH Is Walter's dad?
*face palm*

Hey Travis, about that link and this cone monster I always tought it was Joseph Schreiber, how do you know that this is a manifestation of his dad? There's any proof in the game? And I'm not talking about his quotes. I mean, the only "manifestation" of his dad in my view was that drawing with the head all fucked up...
11x20
Hope House Careworker

Post by 11x20 »

I think most people just connect the dots since the drawing has a big triangular (almost "beak-like" head) and the hanging demon has an identical beak head. I don't think there are any quotes or memos in the game that link them officially, though.
[url=http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=420479#420479/][img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn229/404errord/waltersig1.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5020211/1/Afterlife][ e x a m i n e ? ][/url] [url=http://11x20.deviantart.com/][dA][/url] [url=http://11x20.deviantart.com/gallery/#A-F-T-E-R-L-I-F-E][project page][/url]
Travis

Post by Travis »

Mephisto wrote:Hey Travis, about that link and this cone monster I always tought it was Joseph Schreiber, how do you know that this is a manifestation of his dad? There's any proof in the game? I mean, the only "manifestation" of his dad in my view was that drawing with the head all fucked up...
There's not any proof. But I think it's quite obvious since the drawing and the monster look so much alike.

granolabar wrote:I think most people just connect the dots since the drawing has a big triangular (almost "beak-like" head) and the hanging demon has an identical beak head. I don't think there are any quotes or memos in the game that link them officially, though.
Right. Simple common sense.
SHF

Post by SHF »

walter never knew his dad n jimmy stone was his mentor until he killed him so no plus phead wasnt even real to begin with
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

Blarg. No Pyramid Head in 4. Theres a cone-faced body but no PH. And it's not his father.
I dreamed I lay in a dark valley and all around me were the titanic forms of archangels. I heard distant voices and I knew these supernatural warriors were chanting a litany...
"We are the Warriors at the End of Time. We are the lost, the last, the unkind. We are the Warriors on the Edge of Time and we're tired, we're tired... We're tired of making love..."
QuestionSleepZz
Gravedigger

Post by QuestionSleepZz »

What is that Cone man anyway? just scenery? :?:
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

I had assumed. Someone said it may be Joseph Schreiber's body, which could make sense, but I don't think so because the body twitches and sways and stuff, but Schreiber is a ghost victim, so his body cannot be inhabited by a soul, unless it is zombified. Plus theres a second cone-face on the spiral staircase, so there can't be 2 Josephs.

So yes, I think it's just scenery.
I dreamed I lay in a dark valley and all around me were the titanic forms of archangels. I heard distant voices and I knew these supernatural warriors were chanting a litany...
"We are the Warriors at the End of Time. We are the lost, the last, the unkind. We are the Warriors on the Edge of Time and we're tired, we're tired... We're tired of making love..."
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

They're representations of his father, much like the bodies strung up around the first game in robes are representations of Valtiel.
I once was lost, but am now profound.
Severeth
Gravedigger

Post by Severeth »

I find it really irritating when people just think anything triangular in Silent Hill is Pyramid Head. It's just a childs' drawning with a scribble/cone for a head. Pyramid Head didn't have a sissy little cone. He had a bigass triangle. A manly mans' triangle.
I have a Youtube account where I sometimes post SH related videos. www.youtube.com/user/severeth

http://www.last.fm/user/Severeth
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

They aren't drawings, they are like bodies with big cones on their faces that are strung up by their chest-skin, but otherwise you are totally right. Cone =\= Pyramid.
Severeth
Gravedigger

Post by Severeth »

I'm talking about the drawing on the floor. I'm pretty sure it's Walters' rendition of his dad (which I very much doubt he believed was Joseph). I think I just get sick of hearing all this false symbolism linking anything pointy with slanty sides to be Pyramid Head.

Like for example, the hole in Henrys wall (the one that looks into Eileen's bathroom). Somebody somehow made it look like a Pyramid and decided it was PH. I could understand a very small, hidden Easter egg, but not somewhere so obvious. PH has far too much symbolism/importance in Silent Hill to be an outright hinted Easter egg.
I have a Youtube account where I sometimes post SH related videos. www.youtube.com/user/severeth

rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

I'm convinced the Eileen-peep-hole PH is just like an ink-blot effect. If it's not then I'm surprised. The only other creature with clear connections to PH is the Butcher.

And why do so many people get confused about Walter's father? They actually show him in the game, and he looks nothing like Joseph Schreiber. He just looks like Walter. Granted it was like 20 to 30 years ago, and he would have aged substantially by now/then, but Joseph is a smart guy, I figure he would know if he left a baby in the room he was currently staying in, even if it was years ago.
Severeth
Gravedigger

Post by Severeth »

rm2kking wrote:I'm convinced the Eileen-peep-hole PH is just like an ink-blot effect. If it's not then I'm surprised. The only other creature with clear connections to PH is the Butcher.

And why do so many people get confused about Walter's father? They actually show him in the game, and he looks nothing like Joseph Schreiber. He just looks like Walter. Granted it was like 20 to 30 years ago, and he would have aged substantially by now/then, but Joseph is a smart guy, I figure he would know if he left a baby in the room he was currently staying in, even if it was years ago.
Exactly. I really don't know what the fascination is between Joseph and Walters' pappy. "OMG JOSEPH LIVES DERRRR. IT MEANS HES HIS DAD."

Yeah; and even then the Butcher and PH don't really have a great deal in common. Each are just humanoid monsters with big weapons and concealed faces.

rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

Severeth wrote:Yeah; and even then the Butcher and PH don't really have a great deal in common. Each are just humanoid monsters with big weapons and concealed faces.
It is obviously a manifestation of PH though, or formed from the same type of emotional negativity, which really is the same thing in Silent Hill.