The Soundtrack

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

JOHNNYBEGOOD
Just Passing Through

The Soundtrack

Post by JOHNNYBEGOOD »

I'm listening to Cradle of Forest right now, and I'm surprised that no one has commented on how GOOD the soundtrack for Silent Hill 4 is. I mean, I've never played Silent Hill 4, so the game's flaws might have gotten in the way. Does anyone else share my sentiments?
[size=167]ಠ_ಠ[/size]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

That's because it's not very good.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Tamako
Just Passing Through

Post by Tamako »

I thought the soundtrack was good =/
Radical Dreamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Radical Dreamer »

There wasn't much of a soundtrack to begin with.

However, I think 4's got the best vocal tracks.
DarKerry
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by DarKerry »

I don't care for the "Last Mariachi" or whatever it's called, but it does have some good tracks. "Room of Angel" and "Cradel of Forest" being two. I personally like Cynthia's theme as well, not because of any fondess for Cynthia, but because I just like the music.
Animals are at their most fearsome when they are cornered and afraid...
der Morgenstern Czigany
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by der Morgenstern Czigany »

Fortunate Sleep- Noone Disturb Her Death, Melancholy Requiem, & Nightmarish Waltz are the only ones I kinda liked. Otherwise, I didn't think much of it. SH2 soundtrack I think is the best.
[img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/Isis-Osiris-Horus/RestlessDreams.jpg[/img]
[size=84]*Feel free to browse: http://www.youtube.com/89Winters .[/size]
ZeroVolumeHill

Post by ZeroVolumeHill »

The music when Cynthia dies is the best,all the others are boring.

SH2 soundtrack is still the best.

The best song in SH1 is in the Good+ ending.

SH3's best song is ofcourse the one in the intro.
Moosefrenzy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Moosefrenzy »

The soundtrack is much better than the game.
LanceS133
Historical Society Historian

Post by LanceS133 »

lol OUCH. I've only heard the soundtrack for SH3 and I like that one alot. I actually keep it in my car and listen to it when I'm driving at night. It's especially cool to drive in foggy weather with it on ;-)
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>The music when Cynthia dies is the best,all the others are boring.
"Room Of Angel" is probably the most boring song in the series. It's like "Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin, only worse: two parts for seven minutes.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Satoris
Just Passing Through

Post by Satoris »

I like all the soundtrack except for that DDR stuff. Room of Angel really helped set the tone for the game.
ZeroVolumeHill

Post by ZeroVolumeHill »

The Adversary wrote:>The music when Cynthia dies is the best,all the others are boring.
"Room Of Angel" is probably the most boring song in the series. It's like "Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin, only worse: two parts for seven minutes.
Hmm,strange.I thought that Room of Angel was every fans' most favourite SH4 song...Well,everyone has their own style/taste. :)
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

"Lost Carol" with "You're not here" immediatly following ftw :)
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Those are both from Silent Hill 3. If you, or anyone else, want to discuss your favorite songs, I recommend taking it to the "Favorite Everything" thread in SH: General Discussion.

There's also a thread that discusses this soundtrack specifically, in which I go into greater detail as to why I dislike it. Here it is. Here's one of 'em.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Tom's just an old salt that's hard to musically please.

Well, no.. I honestly really love SH4's soundtrack, for sentimental reasons (as it was my only comfort during a REALLY shitty time in my life for several months) and I don't have enough musical smarts to deem it brilliant or not. I go on my feelings--I feel that it's good, a really solid piece of a work, and thus I say that.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
ZeroVolumeHill

Post by ZeroVolumeHill »

Hmm,The Adversary does have a point though.I've read those two threads and he's right about the "repeat repeat repeat" part.The song is just TOO long,not enough variations.It does get boring.

Maybe if the song was made a little shorter or had some more interesting ideas/parts,it would have been better.

Bleh,SH4 has overall the most boring songs out of all SH's anyways.I just think Room of Angel stood out the most and it really does touch me emotionally.
Guitarman
Just Passing Through

Post by Guitarman »

I agree, the silent hill 4 has best soundtrack, man it's AWESOME! :twisted:
Look out world, I'm smockin' TNT and drinkin' Dynamite, So if you know what's good for you, get out of my way, here I come.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I aquiesce with The Adversary's reckoning of SH4's soundtrack. And also aquiesce with the points he made on the links he has provided.