In your opinion, which victim is the scariest?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Dr-G0nz0
Just Passing Through

Re: In your opinion, which victim is the scariest?

Post by Dr-G0nz0 »

Cynthia for me, without a doubt. lol Richard is a close second, becuase the way he moved was terrifying.
"Oh, you think darkness is your ally. You merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING! " -Bane
SilentWren
Historical Society Historian

Post by SilentWren »

I wasted enough life on Richard during my first play through to NEVER be without a silver bullet and a sword when I'm going to his beautiful free fall.

I've seen MORE than enough of his cool design for one lifetime. I nail that sucka' the second he drops. FUCK RICHARD. Scariest AND most annoying ghost...
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
CerealKiller
Just Passing Through

Post by CerealKiller »

Jasper creeped me out alot but Cynthia was the scariest. The way she crawled was just freaky. I hated Andrew because he was so annoying.
Dr-G0nz0
Just Passing Through

Post by Dr-G0nz0 »

SilentWren wrote:I wasted enough life on Richard during my first play through to NEVER be without a silver bullet and a sword when I'm going to his beautiful free fall.

I've seen MORE than enough of his cool design for one lifetime. I nail that sucka' the second he drops. FUCK RICHARD. Scariest AND most annoying ghost...

Haha one of the downfalls of playing it so many times; you gain a tactic and use it immediately, which then makes the game that little bit less scary. I always nip the bud on Cynthia straight away, because she just follows you!! X0
"Oh, you think darkness is your ally. You merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING! " -Bane
xyinparadise
Just Passing Through

Post by xyinparadise »

Cynthia, she's just creepy! the way she crawls >.<
HA BISKY!!!
Homie
Just Passing Through

Post by Homie »

hard to choose, maybe cynthia.
!!! "Tribute to SILENT HILL" !!! Fansoundtrack OUT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAqUCimHF1c
shfreak235
Just Passing Through

Post by shfreak235 »

"I was ready to chuck it and go back to the prison to get the sword out of Andrew."

Shee-it, I did!
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

Dr-G0nz0 wrote:
SilentWren wrote:I wasted enough life on Richard during my first play through to NEVER be without a silver bullet and a sword when I'm going to his beautiful free fall.

Haha one of the downfalls of playing it so many times; you gain a tactic and use it immediately, which then makes the game that little bit less scary.
Yeah....unfortunately. :x But I still really like 4, though. (Hey, remember back when forum goers considered that blasphemy?) :lol:

Just to jump on the bandwagon>>Yeah, Cynthia's design was pretty fucking creepy. But freaky jerky movement and teleportation are more of a mind fuck than freaky slithering and hair lassoing, imho.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
AngelValtiel
Just Passing Through

Post by AngelValtiel »

I found Andrew to be the most intimidating, but Cynthia is definitely the creepiest.
Oyakata
Just Passing Through

Re:

Post by Oyakata »

Faded.Memories wrote:Cynthia was SOOOO annoying! We (my roomie and I) Found it nearly impossibl to use the sword on her...so because of that our first play through we had to put up with her chasing us through the subway. We screamed every time we heard the noise of the ghost creeping up on us lol.

Richard's death scared the crap out of me. And when he disappears/reappears....just...no. Spooky city.
>.< I so agree about the Richard part... I still jump every time it happens... o.o I even got a chill thinking about him. But I get what you mean about Cynthia lol.
harrymason3456
Just Passing Through

Post by harrymason3456 »

Richard and twin heads were the scariest
I understand now,it's time to end this nightmare - James Sunderland
Xerophan
Just Passing Through

Post by Xerophan »

Cynthia was most definitely the scariest 'ghost' victim for me. People here say she reminds them of The Grudge. However, while I find that film to be pretty creepy, she reminds me more of the girl from The Ring, who, in my opinion, is way more scary than the girl from The Grudge.
On the other hand, victim(s) 7/8 might be a little scarier than Cynthia to me, though not by much. In addition to me having a fear of children-based monsters/demons/otherscaryentities, the way they stand there and point and whisper at you is unsettling.
I didn't find Richard to be scary at all. Of course, that could be because in all of my playthroughs I automatically downed him with a Sword of Obedience, so I never really got to experience his presence more than a few seconds.
All the ghosts in the Apartment World freaked me out in healthy proportions because of the tight spaces you have to run around them. I remember in one room there was an old lady ghost (I think? It's been a while...) and the room was very small, so even she frightened me quite a bit.
2 Favorite Quotes:

"[color=#0000FF]I was weak. That’s why I needed you.... Needed someone to punish me for my sins.... But that’s all over now.... I know the truth.... Now it’s time to end this."[/color]--James Sunderland

[color=#BF0000]"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty....It's all the same once you're dead. And a corpse can't laugh."[/color]--Eddie
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Cynthia. She looked like the Ring girl, who I think is scary.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Violent Corpse
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Violent Corpse »

Cynthia hands down.
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

Richard wins, but Cynthia was a close second. Richard creeped me the hell out because you weren't safe anywhere, he would literally pop up right by you sometimes. I remember being in one room and being all like "ok this room's safe let me get some of these golf clubs then im goi-WHAT THE SHIT IS HAPPENING!" The way he moved was weird. Richard had one of my favorite designs. Cynthia was pretty damn creepy too though, i've always been creeped out by the long black hair ghost type of thing. And the way she moved on the ground didn't help, it was like impossible to pin her.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

^She is easily the most difficult ghost to pin, though Jasper was kinda close.

I think my love of J/K-horror movies allowed me to build up a "creepy, long-hair ghost woman" immunity, so I just sorta thought she looked odd and I was mostly threatening to so Sweeney Todd on her if she didn't get her hair off me. DeSalvo was another annoying as shit ghost. Fuckin' barrel roll'd me to death on several occasions. I never thought I'd say, but yeah--plus the toadstool things liked to pop up right the fuck under Henry as I am running to pin DeSalvo so he has time to recover and float away to recharge his barrel roll.

Richard did keep me on my toes, just because like Springs said, he can pop up right next you vs. having to claw through the walls like the other ghosts, but other than that, he didn't scare me.

Actually Jasper set me on edge the most. I was scared to set Henry on fire and the fact that he gurgles the entire time made him sound like he was in so much pain. Freaked me out. Don't like being near him. >.>'
eeks
Just Passing Through

Post by eeks »

I personally found Cynthia much scarier in that little teaser they had back before the game was released. She was still the scariest I suppose, followed by Richard.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

The teaser/trailer made her way more scarier than she was. Once she actually started tapping Henry in a hairball, it got a little hammy.
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

I think if cynthia breathed and moved the way she did in the official trailer it would of made her a lot creepier. Hell why didn't they use that creepy breathing somewhere in the game anyway?
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Good question. I haven't the slightest. She would've been a lot creepier in that fashion. I wonder if they didn't think it would be a little too J-horror-esque. One thing the older SH games did, was take influence but not directly copy film. The fact that she gulps or whatever she does the entire time she's pinned is weird, but not in the spoooooooky way.