In your opinion, which victim is the scariest?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Kenji
Historical Society Historian

Post by Kenji »

Agent of God wrote:
mimee wrote:The fat guy. . .roll attack you
That was the annoying part.
Fungo asks you to do a barrel roll.

Anyway, Richard was by far the most interesting ghost. I actually kept him around 'til the second Apartment stretch just so I could keep watching him. Jasper was pretty good, too. Hell, he was better than when he was alive... :?

All of the ghosts were scarier in the initial trailer, especially Richard and Cynthia.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Jasper scares me quite a bit to be honest because I am terrified of fire, and that horrible gasping gurgling noise he makes freaks the hell out of me!
Rleopard77
Just Passing Through

Post by Rleopard77 »

Victim 7/8 probably scared me the most. Though Jaspers quest for chocolate milk nearly made me turn my game off from fright.
Sweetness I was only joking when I said I'd like to smash every tooth in your head.
Skylerness
Just Passing Through

Post by Skylerness »

Jasper was definitely the scariest. :(
Cynthia and the fat guy were so annoying.
What the hell?
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

Even tho cynthia was a bit cliche`-ish with the hair *thinks of the the ring*, i thought she was one of the scariest, along with jasper....richard to me was the most annoying with his disappearing act...
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

That's how those particular ghosts look in Japanese horror (I forget their name -- they're not yuurei, I don't think?), so if anything Cynthia was just fitting in nicely with the Sadako (i.e., Samara) trope.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

I thought Cynthia and Richard were the scariest for me... Cynthia in first place and Richard a close second
Kaiza Killa
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Kaiza Killa »

Mr.FLOOT wrote:Jasper scares me quite a bit to be honest because I am terrified of fire, and that horrible gasping gurgling noise he makes freaks the hell out of me!
I have not played this game for a very long time, but by memory, this is exactly how I felt. I remember finding this part the most fearsome. Especially seeing him burn through a fence, or a wall.

H+
"Everything above your neck's going to be a fine red mist" - Sniper (Team Fortress 2).
Evil Rage42
Just Passing Through

Re: In your opinion, which victim is the scariest?

Post by Evil Rage42 »

Cynthia is the creepiest but guy in building world is awesome!
Mumbler
Just Passing Through

Post by Mumbler »

The Twins, no doubt (if they count, not being ghosts). They freak me out so badly, just...the colours, the textures, the faces...x-x I still have to turn the volume down whenever I know they're around.

Cynthia was meh, Jasper was annoying but amusing, Andrew was kind of hilarious, Richard was COOL I mean seriously hardcore the way he sped up and then slowed down to a crawl, like time was warped for him.
Squarehead
Gravedigger

Post by Squarehead »

Gotta say Richard Braintree was pretty scary too... then he unfortunately got murdered.
I can't believe i earned 10 Silent Hill cash for this.
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

If we're referring to the Victims we see get killed on screen, then I would have to say Richard.

But other than him I would have to say the Twin Baby Victims. Only SH could come up with such a twisted design for an enemy. I wish they squealed like in the trailer though :P
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
Mumbler
Just Passing Through

Post by Mumbler »

Fevered Dream wrote:If we're referring to the Victims we see get killed on screen, then I would have to say Richard.

But other than him I would have to say the Twin Baby Victims. Only SH could come up with such a twisted design for an enemy. I wish they squealed like in the trailer though :P
IF THEY SQUEALED LIKE THAT I WOULD NEVER TURN UP THE VOLUME, EVER. D:
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Uyrikeustek »

Definitely the 2 headed baby ghost. I forget who the victims are, but that thing always scares the shit out of me.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
Mumbler
Just Passing Through

Post by Mumbler »

Uyrikeustek wrote:Definitely the 2 headed baby ghost. I forget who the victims are, but that thing always scares the shit out of me.
Billy and Miriam Locaine, two little kids and HE CHOPPED THEM UP WITH AN AXE. That boy Walter has some issues.
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

Squarehead wrote:Gotta say Richard Braintree was pretty scary too... then he unfortunately got murdered.
LOL. So true.

Richard. He really freaks me out. Cynthia is scary at first, but I feel like she pops up so often (assuming you do not pin her) that she becomes annoying rather than creepy.
shfreak235
Just Passing Through

Post by shfreak235 »

not nessisarily(or however the hell you spell that) a creepy ghost, but because the fat guy is the hardest to kill, he is pretty scary.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Goodnight wrote:
Squarehead wrote:Gotta say Richard Braintree was pretty scary too... then he unfortunately got murdered.
LOL. So true.

Richard. He really freaks me out. Cynthia is scary at first, but I feel like she pops up so often (assuming you do not pin her) that she becomes annoying rather than creepy.
Pinning her is quite difficult too (He'd already tried pinning her twice up to this point).
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

Psychologically, Billy and Miriam are probably the most disturbing. Too bad they didn't make that noise from the trailer. On that note, I'm glad other people agree that the trailer was a lot better than the game itself. I love SH4 but I was disappointed as hell. To this day it still kinda pisses me off.

Continuing on topic, I found Richard's ghost to be the scariest. I love his weird warping fast-forward/rewind motions. Looks like he's glitched out or lagging hah.

Jasper made some pretty rough noises too.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

Cynthia was the only scary one to me. The video where you encounter her was one of the only creepy parts in the game.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.