Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
The Adversary
RESPECT

Re: Over 1 million downloads!

Post by The Adversary »

999,000 complaints about it not being Silent Hill enough!
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Droo

Post by Droo »

To which I say "did people actually get to the Otherworld sequence at the end? SH AF."
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Lives in the mirror"
Ww_Andi_
Just Passing Through

Post by Ww_Andi_ »

I loved my playthrough. And I'm glad its getting so many downloads.

Now if someone could get the silent hill fb group I'm in to stop being so toxic that would be great lol

on note of the otherworld in this game i loved the gradual progression of it!
Droo

Post by Droo »

I think you'll find this is the only major SH group that isn't toxic. I don't even bother with any others besides a small group of Ascension fans I'm in.
Lives in the mirror"
Ww_Andi_
Just Passing Through

Post by Ww_Andi_ »

Its so bad... There are some good ppl in the fb group, but there's so many bad or entitled takes that take it way too far.

I used to frequent this site so much back in the day, at least games are coming back and there's more to discuss.
Chris Sunderland
Historical Society Historian

Post by Chris Sunderland »

Droo wrote: 11 Feb 2024 I think you'll find this is the only major SH group that isn't toxic. I don't even bother with any others besides a small group of Ascension fans I'm in.
Reddit/YouTube especially are unbearable sometimes. At least here people are open minded abit. The high traffic of other sites comes with a price, though I'd love this place to be what it was 15/ 20 years ago.

TSM has reached 2 million downloads btw. Really proud of Hexadrive on this one and I'm still shocked Konami gave it away.
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/2iqehhj.jpg[/img]
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I feel like the internet in general has just devolved into this awful mess of extreme takes. Everything is either outstanding or terrible with no in-between. There's no nuance in discussions. Media literacy is non-existent for a large amount of people. The number of times I've seen people complain about "plot holes" that are just a case of the story not explicitly spelling out every detail and trusting the audience to make some inferences is exhausting. I used to love going online to discuss my favorite stuff - whether it be movies, video games, books, etc. - but now it's just awful outside of niche communities like this forum.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Chris Sunderland wrote: 12 Feb 2024TSM has reached 2 million downloads btw. Really proud of Hexadrive on this one and I'm still shocked Konami gave it away.
Yup. 2 million now.
https://twitter.com/silenthill_jp/statu ... 6272398740

I believe Konami wanted to recapture the hype of PT, and Sony as well, which would explain the PS5 exclusivity.

There are probably a range of ideas packed into it which Konami wants to get feedback on. So I think fans should let them know what works, and especially what doesn't.

I also think Hexadrive want to make a SH game, many there being big fans of the originals, so this is a test for them as well.
Droo

Post by Droo »

How do the downloads of this compare to, say, the sales of Downpour?
Lives in the mirror"
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Droo wrote: 12 Feb 2024 How do the downloads of this compare to, say, the sales of Downpour?
It's hard to know, but by VG Chartz's estimates, probably around 800,000 worldwide for PS3/360, though certainly after discounts, and not including digital sales.

Anyway, can't really compare it with a free download.

A more apples to apples comparison is P.T. which made over 1 million downloads in 2 weeks. Although, initially, nobody knew it had anything to do with Silent Hill for a week.

Only Sony and Konami know how well P.T. did, but it did well enough for them to do The Short Message.
Chris Sunderland

Post by Chris Sunderland »

leftshoe18 wrote: 12 Feb 2024 I feel like the internet in general has just devolved into this awful mess of extreme takes. Everything is either outstanding or terrible with no in-between. There's no nuance in discussions. Media literacy is non-existent for a large amount of people. The number of times I've seen people complain about "plot holes" that are just a case of the story not explicitly spelling out every detail and trusting the audience to make some inferences is exhausting. I used to love going online to discuss my favorite stuff - whether it be movies, video games, books, etc. - but now it's just awful outside of niche communities like this forum.
It's all hot takes as far as the eyes can see. Places like Reddit and YouTube don't have a sense of community like here, but places like this get ignored because they aren't a big social media platform. You used to have to find your people on the web and you'd get to know people and want to have discourse on subjects you like. It seems we've moved away from that sadly for the most part.
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/2iqehhj.jpg[/img]