judging via the interwebs, do Silent Hill fans ruin the project before it has a chance?

It's true: Bloober Team is remaking Silent Hill 2. Talk about it in here to keep Remake talk separate from the original!

Moderator: Moderators

Chris Sunderland
Historical Society Historian

judging via the interwebs, do Silent Hill fans ruin the project before it has a chance?

Post by Chris Sunderland »

I've seen a lot of discourse claiming that everything is wrong about the trailer for the remake and while it's A)expected knowing how passionate our fambase is for these games,2 in particular. B) Good to be cautious, never over hype yourself unless Team Silent themselves got back together.C)Konami fucked with us with Homecoming and Downpour and 10 years of nothing. I just feel that maybe just mabe we should give them a chance. Bloober might not have a perfect track record but it took From soft 20 years to get to Demons Souls with a less than perfect set of games. Also fans have to realize that these remakes are reimagineings of the concepts of the original. Team Silent themselves were the black sheep of Konami untill they were able to blossom.The point is to capture the story, atmosphere and horror of the game it's remaking while adding modern controls, graphics and sounds. It's never going to be a 1:1 because that's not what is going to move copies. It's a tough balance to capture but you can reinterpret SH2 or any games through a modern lense with the right team. Over analyzing ever tiny differences to a remake of a 20 years old game in a 10 year dormant franchise is okay but realize that it may have a good reason for being different. I just hate seeing fans after 10 years of begging for something, hell anything look at the project with nothing but contempt. If you say without a doubt your going to hate it, you no doubt will. Be open minded and maybe at the very least the remake can be appreciated as a half decent reimagine of SH2 that gives a new generation a way to play one of the best games ever made. If it sucks then we can burn Konami and bloober team to the ground.

Btw this isn't a comment on anyone here. I've been pleasantly surprised by you guys and I've been reminded why I love to come here. YouTube on the other hand.....goddamn.😛😅🤣🤣
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/2iqehhj.jpg[/img]
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Re: judging via the interwebs, do Silent Hill fans ruin the project before it has a chance?

Post by leftshoe18 »

The people online complaining about video games make up such a small percentage of the general video gamer population. There will definitely be people who have made up their minds that the game is going to suck before it comes out but it will definitely not ruin the game before it has a chance for the vast majority of people.
Droo

Re: judging via the interwebs, do Silent Hill fans ruin the project before it has a chance?

Post by Droo »

Already being discussed here: https://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=26915

Please take this conversation there. Thanks! :)
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"