James Actor - Luke Roberts

It's true: Bloober Team is remaking Silent Hill 2. Talk about it in here to keep Remake talk separate from the original!

Moderator: Moderators

jdnation
Historical Society Historian

James Actor - Luke Roberts

Post by jdnation »

"Luke Roberts is a celebrated English actor whose first job out of LAMDA was in an episode of Band of Brothers directed by Tom Hanks. Luke is perhaps best known as the lead and producer of the US procedural crime series Ransom. The show ran for three seasons and followed a team of crisis negotiators who travel the globe to help multinational corporations and government agencies with complex negotiations and conflict resolution. Prior to Ransom, Luke played the much loved character, Joseph Byrne in the medical drama Holby City as well as the twin sword wielding Ser Arthur Dayne in HBO's Game of Thrones. He also starred as villainous Woodes Rogers in the third and forth seasons of Black Sails. Luke's most recent roles include Thomas Wayne in The Batman and mysterious traveller, Joe Allen, in the forthcoming Netflix horror anthology, Guillermo Del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities."

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1074361/

Image in Silent hill 2 mo-cap
https://www.instagram.com/p/CeKLvXoPiPQ/
aj4x94

Re: James Actor - Luke Roberts

Post by aj4x94 »

Damn, JD's always quick on the latest scoop.

I always love seeing motion capture behind the scenes.
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark
WhiteHarbor
Just Passing Through

Post by WhiteHarbor »

One thing I like is that the voice actor is very much trying to maintain the tone of the original James voice actor. Because what I hated about the HD collection was that the tone in which he was saying the things did not even come close to James's tone. In this one it's the same intonation with a different voice and I really appreciate that so much.
Formerly known as MrCaliche
Writer of Silent Hill: Memories of Age
Now publishing a horror serial per chapters named "White Harbor" inspired by Silent Hill, HP Lovecraft and Stephen King: https://www.patreon.com/WhiteHarbor
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Nice spot!

I had no problem with Troy Baker's James but yeah, what we've seen/heard thus far feels right.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Chris Sunderland

Post by Chris Sunderland »

WhiteHarbor wrote: 23 Oct 2022 One thing I like is that the voice actor is very much trying to maintain the tone of the original James voice actor. Because what I hated about the HD collection was that the tone in which he was saying the things did not even come close to James's tone. In this one it's the same intonation with a different voice and I really appreciate that so much.
This! Absolutely! Troy was, and I say this as a huge fan of Joel from The Last Of Us, doing his own things and it doesn't work. The thing I loved about James is he is a regular person(well for the most part). Troy did that AAA Hollywood thing that works in most games but not Silent Hill. My hope is they manage to capture that awkward dialog that awkward people have. It's hard to capture how people really talk because it can alot of times come off as just being poor mocap acting. SH2 I feel voice acting works well, I believe I
Unintentionally . However this isn't going to be a 1:1 remake and changes are inevitable, If the story and subtext are maintained that's what's important.
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/2iqehhj.jpg[/img]