DOWNPOUR Xray puzzle without vibrate?! [solved]

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

fudgestix

DOWNPOUR Xray puzzle without vibrate?! [solved]

Post by fudgestix »

Does anyone know how I can get the key out of the stupid screamer without the vibrate function?

I haven't seen any need to update my old controller as it works fine, and I don't want to have to get a new one just for the sake of this bit of the game.

Any ideas?!

Edit:

Well, solved my own question. I just routed around until it was really screaming and I managed to grab it.
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Re: DOWNPOUR Xray puzzle without vibrate?! [solved]

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

I had the same problem. My original controller is working just fine as well so I haven't bothered to buy a duel shock either. Before I realised the monster actually reacted when Murphy is close to the key I was just sort of moving around and pressing X at random. :?
I hope it's the only puzzle that requires duel shock... -_-
acet19
Just Passing Through

Post by acet19 »

Could somone help me with this puzzle I've been searching him for about half an hour now and still can't find the key. I could have sworn I got it before I turned it off, but I don't think it was saved and the Xray machine still shows the key inside but not matter how long I search I can't find it ???
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

acet19 wrote:Could somone help me with this puzzle I've been searching him for about half an hour now and still can't find the key. I could have sworn I got it before I turned it off, but I don't think it was saved and the Xray machine still shows the key inside but not matter how long I search I can't find it ???
Like I said directly above your post; the monster reacts the closer to you are to finding the key. Instead of lying there, it'll twitch or writhe. The closer you are to the key, the more it reacts/moves.
acet19
Just Passing Through

Post by acet19 »

That's why I posted my question, because what you were describing wasn't working and the monster was reacting somewhat the whole time, yet nothing was found.
I got it now though regardless, thank you :D