Rendering Problem on SH2 PC

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Ticker
Just Passing Through

Rendering Problem on SH2 PC

Post by Ticker »

I'll start off by saying I'm running with an integrated chipset. I'm almost positive that this is the source of my problems but I thought I'd ask just to be sure.

I started playing SH2 and everything was working great (and with the highest settings even!) until I took some damage and I entered the inventory screen to check my health.

The area for my status is occupied by a screenshot of my current location. I wasn't too bothered by this because whenever my health was low the screenshot would have a red tint. Not to mention you get the onscreen warning when it's dangerously low.

My real problem started when I encountered/received the flashlight. At any time the flashlight is on the entire area becomes pitch black save for any character/monster models.

Even if I turn my settings down to the lowest possible options this issue does not resolve. When the flashlight is off everything is rendered normally, though it's understandably dark of course.

Like I said, I'm sure this is because I'm using a chipset in lieu of an actual graphics card. Has anybody else had this problem playing SH with a chipset? Silent Hill ran perfectly for me but then again it is much less graphic heavy.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Re: Rendering Problem on SH2 PC

Post by paladin181 »

The status picture is correct. There are lines of static in it that get worse the more damage you take. After you take enough and are on the verge of death, the static is horrible and the image is tinted red. That's how it works in SH 2.

As for the other, I'd suggest running 3D-Analyze and see if that clears up your rendering issue.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
Ticker
Just Passing Through

Post by Ticker »

So in the PC version it's my current location and not James' head?

At any rate, I solved my flashlight problem by editing the device.fix file as stated here: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/4706/t9 ... intel-915/
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

That screenshoot must belong to an unfinished version... SH2 always had the little screenshoot as your status indicator (I think it's the same in SH3)