IGN Preview...

Come here to talk about the Book of Memories.

Moderator: Moderators

Varg6
Woodside Apartments Janitor

IGN Preview...

Post by Varg6 »

http://uk.vita.ign.com/articles/121/1215671p1.html

Notables:

-Multiplayer

-Top-down action camera angle

-In fact, it's not going to be like any traditional Silent Hill game

I know I was one that was a proponent for multiplayer... given the right circumstances I'd embrace it. Obviously it'd have to be dealt with delicately and it would have to be perfect, but that's beside the point right now. The game itself is going to be completely different than what we want or expect from a Silent Hill, which, in and of itself is disappointing--for me at least. Whether we like it or not, it's happening.

Thoughts?
Det Som Engang Var...
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Re: IGN Preview...

Post by KageReneko »

I learned to live with RE4 and 5 so I'll learn to live with Book of Memories... Maybe the story is shit but if they make the gameplay funny I might love the game...
Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

I find it interesting that so many people, when they dislike the idea behind the game, insist it needs to be cancelled, that it's going to be awful for everyone, that it'll ruin everything else... instead of just saying "I'm not a fan of this", not buying it, and moving on.

I think it looks like it'll be fun with a Silent Hill skin on it. Not plot-heavy, and not traditional horror, but I don't mind that.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

It's cool that they're using the breakable weapons feature from Downpour. I also like Gauntlet and Diablo so the similarities are going to hopefully lead to some enjoyment for myself if I ever get to play this game.
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

KageReneko wrote:I learned to live with RE4 and 5 so I'll learn to live with Book of Memories... Maybe the story is shit but if they make the gameplay funny I might love the game...
The story might turn out to be amazing, we really have no idea...
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

Book of Memories unfolds from a top-down isometric view, and the area that we found ourselves in saw us taking out hordes of enemies that were pouring out of spawnpoints that you'd have to destroy to keep them from producing.
Heh...this sounds like its going to be like the old Gauntlet games, which i enjoyed back in the day. That said, i know this game isn't for me, and i understand that this game is doing some different things to attract a different audience. As long as they don't implement none of this stuff with the main series, i don't care how they craft these spin-offs...