Is only here

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

MisterGrey
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MisterGrey »

You're SOL in re: getting SH1, unless you go to Amazon or eBay and are prepared to fork over some dough. I got my copy in a two pack with the non-greatest hits edition of SH2 for $50. In Texas, at least, Gamestop and EB Games have ceased carrying PS1 games and merchandise...Hell, I'm still trying to track down a PS1 memory card. Got one on eBay, but it was kaput.
axel-cd
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by axel-cd »

It´s even harder to find it in Venezuela :)
Silent Hill fan from Venezuela!
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

Anonymous wrote:Meh, the third was kinda weak anyway. Don't feel too bad.
That's your opinion. I know myself and others found it the best.
I really didn't think it was terribly hard to find. My local GameStop over here in Minnesota had two copies. One new, one used.
[b]I'm constant now, and useful too.
I know my eyes cannot see through.[/b]
Eldron
Just Passing Through

Post by Eldron »

One day before I was even into survival horror games I just found it for $9.99 at game stop so I picked it up. Apparently it's not that hard to find in Delaware. Now Silent Hill 1 on the other hand took me over a year to find a copy less then $50.00.
Rin
Just Passing Through

Post by Rin »

SH3 wasn't too big an issue for me, personally. I remember feeling so shocked when the random store I tried actually had a copy. 2 on the other hand, was nearly impossible. Took me days to track it down. I'd keep finding a store that had a copy, and they'd sell it before I could get there. I've yet to be able to find 1, though. That saddens me. A lot.
Eldron
Just Passing Through

Post by Eldron »

SH2 was a major bitch for me because or she number of times I had to obtain it.

First time I got it after about 6 months of searching.

Second time I had to get it because the first was crap, it wouldn't load. Figured that out after I got about 2.5 hours into it. Took the store about 3 three weeks to get a copy in for me to trade in.

Third time I had to get another copy because my second disc would freeze at the same CS every time. The store had a copy in that day.

Now just recently I let a friend barrow it but can't find it...........So I've got to get a new one again which is going to be hell because I think I've at one point owned every copy in Delaware. :shock:
Robin
Just Passing Through

Post by Robin »

I'm from sweden, and over here, the stores are full of SH3;s and SH4;s but it's kinda hard to find SH2...And you can't find SH1 one in the stores anymore :cry:

But I just bought the collection box in a store and then I bought SH1 on the internet :D
Holy One
Just Passing Through

Post by Holy One »

I found my copy in Electronics Boutique. I'd never played a SH game, but I remembered reading a nice review of it and decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did.

SH3 isn't that rare where I live; I still see it in a few game stores. Now the original Silent Hill, that's a little trickier.
THREAD QUESTION: "Does anyone want to date Heather?"
PARTYHARD: "Well, she carries a fuckton of emotional baggage, she's her own mother, used to be a suicidal girl who opened the gates of Hell in a town and would kill people with her brain, she's 31 in a teenage body, she can go on a relentless rampage if you piss her off enough... sure, don't see why not."